Looking for Love

Why doesn't someone start a dating thread of here? People could post what they're looking for in a partner and what they are like themselves.

Lizs - your post makes a lot of sense and that's how I met my bf. I was newly separated and wasn't looking at all, but was on a site that interested me and so was he. We started chatting and have been together over 2 yrs now.

Met my ex that way as well. Completely acceptable and you get to know what someone is like before sex gets in the way and messes with your mind.

So maybe look for forum/sites that interest you.

I bet men do notice you (you're very pretty), but perhaps you've been so convinced for such a long time that they don't, that you're not seeing it now?

Why doesn't someone start a dating thread of here? People could post what they're looking for in a partner and what they are like themselves.
Not sure if you are aware but on minimins home page there ia a group there called flirt zone. Not quite CD but a good start:D

Yeah, I've posted on the Minimins Dating Agency thread in the Flirt zone, but there doesn't seem to be much action there, so to speak lol

Thanks for the advice everyone, I guess I'll just have to be patient xx

Quite expensive way of dating if you already have a mortgage to pay lol

Do what I did: rent a room in someone's flat and end up marrying them lol

It all depends on whether you are looking for Mr Right, or Mr right now!!!

The confidence that you have from losing all the weight will shine through and believe it or not blokes notice that.

If you look like you are having fun and are fun to be with that will attract people to you.

Bars and nightclubs etc are great for mr right now but as far as finding Mr right is concerned I would suggest that you would need to be a tad more discerning.

Absolutely Jim...but sometimes Mr Right Now is a great boost....

Absolutely Jim...but sometimes Mr Right Now is a great boost....

Did that make anyone else laugh? Because it did me, nearly spat my drink everywhere!

I met my Hubby on an online dating site- dating direct. We've been happily married for 3 years now and have a gorgeous little boy.

Good luck with finding love!

I don't even get Mr Right Now!

I met my husband through his friend. Who was introducing Mr Lexie to me in a bid to diffuse any tension/nerves about going out for a drink. That backfired for him as I developed a lusty interest in Mr Lexie. So any friends you have who could introduce some male friends?

Match.com also seems to be not too bad. a few of my friends have joined. Ones married with a baby now, the other only recently koined and has met some nutters, but as she says its all about seeing whats out there, weeding the wheat from the chaff and builsing up her confidence too.

Give it a go!

Ok, here comes the confession... I'm a member of at least four online dating agencies already! And have been for over a year! So far only the nutters lol But I'm stcking at it, I'm not ready to settle for one of the nutters just yet :D

Hi everyone,

So I've been single for a while now and, looking back at my "before" photos, it's not hard to see why :eek:

But now I've trimmed up and have bags more self-confidence. However, I still find it really hard talking to guys and I don't seem to be having any moer male interest.

So, my question to you guys is, how do you go about looking for love? Because I need all the help I can get! :rolleyes: xx

Hi Hannah,
What I would say to you, is that fat or thin there really is someone out there...
Not all men are shallow, looking for Barbie... Now you are gorgeous however, so this should give you some self confidence... which in my opinion is the one thing that many guys admire above all else...
Don't look too hard.. he will tap you on the shoulder!

Damn what a pitty, all the decent ladies round here are either taken or muppets;)

Hmmmm.. wonder what category i fall into!!!!

Mia, you have the right Idea!
Just have fun!!!
I am newly single again... not much good at the marriage thing, but I now intend to just have some fun... some no strings dating sounds cool, and to anyone else who is at the beginning of their dieting journey, you don't have to wait till your a skinny minny... In fact if it gets a bit hot under the collar.. another great way to burn extra cals!;)

Hannah I wish you well... btw I met my last hubby online! we had 8 wonderful years... but alas it wasn't to be... but online is good as long as you get to know them properly irl too!

x

Ok, here comes the confession... I'm a member of at least four online dating agencies already! And have been for over a year! So far only the nutters lol But I'm stcking at it, I'm not ready to settle for one of the nutters just yet :D

Am with you on that! I get the real ugly, boring ones who say, 'You're stunning, perhaps we could swap messages and see what happens?'

In their dreams! I'm not that desperate for a man!

The problem with dating sites is that there is very little time to make an impression. Most people tend to look at the pictures and only actually read the profile if they like what they see. This is one of many reasons why there seems to be a lot of really nice people around that are single.

Hannah, I'm feeling exactly the same, I've lost practically the same as you and it's given me bags more confidence too, but I still can't find Mr Right, there's plenty of Mr Right now's but I think I've gotten alot more fussy now. Plus my last boyfriend texted me after we were together for three months to finish it cos he got back with his ex. It's totally put me off, I want to meet someone special but I'm just waiting for some fecker to do the exact same thing again. God, being single sucks!!!!!

I agree but if you saw most of the ones that contact me you would understand I'm not being cruel! lol Either that or I get the twenty-somethings saying, 'I love older women.' If they were intelligent they would know that the worst thing you can call an older woman is an older woman! I by-pass them too. I have got fussier as I have got older. Not going to settle for second best anymore. I am taking my time and putting my diet before any man.

Back