Looking for simple answers. please..

strachan51

Just wondering if there is a minimum amount of carbs I am supposed to have? Also a minimum amount of fat? etc.
Not sure if I am doing all this right. Just wanting to double check if there are minimum requirements that I am maybe not meeting.
I am on induction.

Hello strachan... If you use My Fitness Pal and adjust the settings to: fat- 65%, protein- 35% , cabs - 5%.

And then aim to have no more than 20g of carbs each day. Log meals each day and leave nothing out as carbs can creep in very easily.

Take most of your carbs from salad and green veg... Refer to the stickie "so you're thinking of starting Atkins" and Jim has listed all the legal salads and veg.

Good luck :)

Thanks. Have been using Jim's stickie and only eat the veg on the list. Just wondering if I am not getting enough fat as from what I understand that is what makes atkins work so well.
Do I understand that right?

Breakfast
1 mini babybell
3 Rashers Bacon

Lunch
Chicken Breast
Lettuce 1.5cups
1tbls parmasen slices
2tbls Ceasar Dressing

Dinner
Chicken breast cooked in slow cooker
1 cup raw brocolli and Cauliflower
1 cup lettuce, cucumber and bell pepper
2tbls ceasar dressing.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

I never bothered much with the fat, i figured if I was eating meat and cheese for most meals I wouldn't be too low.

Best bet is to stick with it for a week and check result when you weigh in.

Everyone is different and tweaks Atkins to suit their own metabolism.

Jim is the wise man round these parts, his stickies are so helpful.

Thanks Caledonia. Will weigh in tomorrow and see what happens. Started induction last Thursday so we shall see how it has gone.

Buy the latest Atkins book, A New Atkins for a New You. You will find it cheap (used) on Amazon or free from the library!

Also - have a look at the official Atkins site, The Atkins Community. Tons of good advice there, including a phase-by-phase tutorial and a good forum. Recipes, too. Any question you may have, their senior nutritionist Colette Heimowitz is happy to answer.

This is a great way of eating and living. Enjoy it, and good luck x

Morning strachan... Might be worth starting a diary and then folk will help you with your menus. It's so depressing when we are expecting a bigger loss... But a loss is a loss :)

Aww, sorry you didn't get more, but don't be disheartened... It is a very different way of eating and can take a while to get in the swing of it.

As girly says maybe the book and sight would help you, but there are also some people who seem to do better on the "old" Atkins.

It is a new week, maybe a clean and green week will get you going.

It is a marathon not a sprint, so don't let it get you down you still lost two pounds. [HUGS]

Back