Looking for some advise

louiser

Trying very hard!
Good afternoon,

Hope you are all well. I am currently on cambridge, I did it a couple of years ago to lose about 5 stone but have put a couple on so I am trying to lose about 3.5 now. I have had a good start but I am so blummin miserable!

Even though I am craving carbs I think I might be happier doing atkins.

I just had a few questions to ask, is it as good as it looks from the outside?!
What sort of weight loss can you expect?
Is it hard to do?

Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you soon,

Lou

Well, the nice thing about Atkins is that you get to eat lots of yummy food and see a weight loss. The speed and amount of loss does depend on the individual. It is a healthy way of eating so you do feel well and full of energy. I recommend it.

Hi Lou. I've been on Atkins for 2 weeks now and yes, I think it is hard at the beginning! It's a real shock to be told to eat more fat e.g garlic butter on your steak or cream with mushrooms, as it goes against everything we've learnt:(

However cravings for carbs are still there although things are getting easier. Atkins isn't a wonder cure for being overweight, you do still have to control yourself, follow the rules and set your priorities!

My weight loss has been OK but there are others with terrific success stories, just read around this forum!

I've done CD too, and Lipotrim. The only diet I've had real long term success with before is Atkins simply because I don't seem able to stick to VLCD's. You can get great results - prob not too different from CD if you stick to it and fit in some exercise. It comes down what is best for you. My OH is doing Lipotrim because he feels he needs the discipline and doesn't trust himself to eat ANYTHING! lol. Have a look around the forums and see what you like, it's your journey - do what suits you!

GOOD LUCK!

Well, I cannot imagine doing a diet where one eats little to nothing. Let's face it, we are meant to eat. I know many people have control issues around food and I imagine going without food for a longtime may 're-programme' your attitude about eating...but still I am of the opinion that in not eating, one is making an issue and begins to obsess about it. Well, that is in my experience only.

With Atkins I do not obsess about food and any cravings are minimal at best. Some people report massive losses in a short space of time, some report on less exravagant losses - but still a loss is a loss, and you are eating nice food - none of those debilitating feelings of hunger and guilt if you think you hav overeaten. With me, I used to have issues with food, I liked the feelings of chemicals firing off in my brain when I ate anything starchy but then I would have these 'come downs' and feel awful, mentally and physically. With Atkins I still enjoy food, very much so, but no longer need to have that sensation from eating sugary foods. It is liberating to know you can eat well, feel satisfied and not gain weight...but actually lose it.

Give it a go, it has made a positive affect on my life!

Kieran

x

It worked for me, but we are all different Louise, have a read of the stickies

Back