Looking for some soup recipies

I made chicken, leek and courgette soup it was lovely, my daughter loves it too. Just bung chopped leeks and courgettes in a pan with spices I used black pepper, garlic, paprika and cumin. Cover with water add a chicken stock cube and simmer. Add chopped cooked chicken once veg has cooked. I took some to work last week in a flask ppl coming into the staffroom wanted to know what the good smell was! :) its good with a dollop of yoghurt or cottage cheese

This is a good one to try :-

Chinese Chicken and Prawn Soup
1 pint chicken Stock (fresh or made up from low sodium stock cube)
1 Egg
1 cooked chicken breast or thigh (if using uncooked add to stock at the beginning)
250g Raw King Prawns (optional)
Thumb size piece of fresh ginger sliced into matchstick pieces
½ red chilli finely sliced (or to own taste)
3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
2 shallots or spring onion thinly sliced (discard for PP days)
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Few drops sesame oil
1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 tablespoon cornflour
Small bunch of fresh coriander roughly chopped
Pinch white pepper
METHOD
In a saucepan bring chicken stock to the boil
Add garlic, shallot/spring onion, chilli and ginger and boil gently for a few minutes
Whisk egg in bowl and set aside
Chop chicken finely and add to pan along with prawns
Add rice wine, sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper to taste.
Mix cornflour and 1 tablespoon COLD water to a get a smooth paste and add to stock to thicken
Whisk in egg and to enhance thickness.
N.B. Remember the soy sauce is classed as a tolerated item so just be careful how much you use x

Spicy red pepper soup PV days

Ingredients

3 Large Red Peppers
2 Large Carrots
6 Sticks of Celery
2 Red Onions
2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
2 Cloves Garlic
½ Teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ Teaspoon dried chilli
can of chopped tomatoes

Instructions

Chop all the vegetables roughly and crush the garlic. Put all ingredients into saucepan. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables. Simmer for 20 min. Let the mixture cool before blending. And you’re done!

You could possibly swirl a bit fromage frais/yoghurt or what ever in it also (id have a chicken breast or something alongside)

Attachments

• spicy red pepper soup.jpg
    spicy red pepper soup.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 108
Here is an easy one...

1 chicken breast, cut into very small pieces..
3 glasses of water,
2 tbsp oatbran (1.5 on attack)
salt to taste..

boil these together, the oatbran makes it creamy..

after cooked serve with lemon and pepper...

it takes only around 10 minutes and a lifesaver.. :)

If you have the book, there is a soup called the "Miracle Soup" or something which I made, I liked it for PV but had to season with thyme and rosemary (or anything you prefer) as there weren't any suggestions in the book! I love chunky soup and you can cute the veg this way!

:)

x

Hello :)
There's a great butternut squash and red pepper recipe on my thread 'recipes I love' on the main dukan recipe thread page.
I served this to my while family as the Christmas dinner starter and they all loved it.
Check it out xxx

I've just made a lovely one with leftover bits of veg from my salad drawer that werent fresh enough to use as veg

Half a butternut squash
A large onion
Three large field mushrooms
Three cloves of garlic
Can of tomatoes
Vegtable stock to cover

Just boil it all up, blend, season and stir through some natural yoghurt. Looks a bit murky but tastes yummy

cant wait for the cold nights to come so i can try some of these lovely sounding recipies and a nice thick stew, will miss the bread roll though. :D

I'm interested to know, is there any other soups other than chicken soup to have on PP days as every recipe I've read is with veg!

Hi here's a nice cheap, warming soup for PV days

Cream of Celery Soup Recipe

Serves/Makes: 2

INGREDIENTS:

3 stalks celery
6 ounces milk
1/2 pint lo salt beef stock
1 small onion
2 teaspoons cornflour
salt and pepper

PREPARATION:

1. Finely chop Celery & Onion

2. Place stock into a saucepan and add celery and onions, cook gently for 20 minutes.

3. Blend cornflour in milk and add slowly, stirring until it just comes to the boil. Turn down heat and
simmer further 10 minutes.

If a smoother soup is wanted "blitz" it in a liquidiser to required consistancy.

Enjoy :D

Real Tomato Soup

REAL TOMATO SOUP

Ingredients

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion , chopped
1 garlic clove , finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato purée
400g can chopped tomatoes
handful basil leaf
pinch baking soda
600ml milk

Method

1. Spray a large pan with low fat spray, then tip in the onion and garlic. Cook over a moderate heat
until the onion has softened, about 5 mins.

2. Stir in the tomato purée, then pour in the chopped tomatoes and basil leaves, and bring up to the
boil. Turn the heat down and leave to simmer for about 15 mins until thick and full of flavour.

If you like a smooth soup, whizz the mixture at this point to form a smooth sauce. Can now be cooled
and frozen for up to 1 month.

To finish the soup,

3. Tip the tomato mixture into a pan.

4. Spoon the baking soda into a small bowl and pour over 1 tbsp or so of the milk. Mix together until
there are no lumps, then tip into the tomato mix and pour over the milk. Bring up to a boil (the
mixture will froth, but don't worry - it will go away). Gently simmer for about 5 mins until ready
to serve.

ENJOY :D

Here is an easy one...

1 chicken breast, cut into very small pieces..
3 glasses of water,
2 tbsp oatbran (1.5 on attack)
salt to taste..

boil these together, the oatbran makes it creamy..

after cooked serve with lemon and pepper...

it takes only around 10 minutes and a lifesaver.. :)

Tried this yesterday & it was nicer than I was expecting :) good for my cold too, thanks :)

Swede and Carrot Soup
1/2 swede diced
1 onion diced
2 medium carrots diced
2 tbsp mixed herbs/marjoram
Dash of wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp ground corriander (fresh if you have it)
1/2 oxo cube
Tbsp FF yog (for the swirl)

1. Place all of the ingredients (apart from the corriander if fresh and FF yog) in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until soft, you may need to add more water if it becomes dry
3. Add the corriander if fresh then blend until smooth, adding more water until you reach the desired consistency.
4. With a tbsp slowly drizzle FF yog in a circle in the middle. Not only does this look good but it adds a lovely creaminess to the texture.

TIP - Swede cooks quite slowly so dice this as small as you can and leave the carrot in larger chunks so that they soften at the same time.

You can omit the oxo cube however I find this essential for flavour and as the soup will be more than one portion at most you will have a quarter in each bowl.

Attachments

• Swede and Carrot Soup.JPG
    Swede and Carrot Soup.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 42
What a lovely thread - I think you can get in a rut with cooking and it's great to try new ideas. I'll add a couple this evening.

Still looking for alternative PP soups!!!

Anyone got any?!?

Ruth
x

Back