loony's lunatic weight loss goal

well been off plan for god knows how long, as usual loads of issues ongoing in my life, I'm currently injured (I've damaged my knees and they hurt).
We went on hols to center parcs at the beginning of nov and as we were quite far from the centre we ended up doing lots of walking, continued this when we returned home and walked most evenings.
About the beginning of dec my knees started hurting and I'm struggling to walk up/down stairs, my knees keep on locking and feel as if they are gonna snap when I'm standing, I find it really difficult to bend them, they feel swollen and I'm finding it difficult to get up out of any seat.
So I've eased off on the walking but it hasn't helped so the weight is going to have to come down.

I'm taking cod liver oil and glucosemine tablets, think I'm gonna have to take a course of anti-inflammatory's to get my knees back to normal.

however today is first day back on plan WI shows that I'm 3lb lighter than when I weighed myself about a week ago, however previous WI was at night and this WI was 1st thing this morning.

Today is a red day
so far
3 satsumas
2 apples
home made chicken and veg soup
1 HEA semi skimmed milk
smoked salmon, spinach, cucumber, beetroot, tomato, red pepper and pickled peppers salad with onion and chive cottage cheese
beef casserole with cauliflower and broccoli

ginger options 2 syns
weetabix strawberry oaty bar 3.5 syns

So I still need to use up my HEA and 2 HEB's
mmmmmmm may have peanut butter sandwich and some milk !!!!!!!!!!

well didn't have a peanut butter sandwich in the end so the weetabix bar is now a HEB and I had a glass of milk for my HEA

Last edited:
day 2

Today is a EE day so it goes so far as follows
2 weetabix with skimmed milk and sweetner (1 HEA & 1 HEB)
2 satsumas
1 apple
3 quality street orange cream - 7.5 syns
HM beef casserole (free)
AH mushroom cous cous full packet - only ate two thirds so 2 syns
coffee with sweetner.
sw chips, sw quiche and beans
shortbread biscuit 3 syns

Last edited:
so far over the past 2 days I've used 15.5.syns although what I've written down comes to 14.5 syns I had a sip of vodka and pepsi max hubby made so counting a syn for that.
I'm quite happy with that so far and if I get peckish then i'll have more fruit.

Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday and I had an EE day again
So it’s as follows
Weetabix oaty bar cereal thingy 3.5 syns
Light choices tomato and cheese pasta bake 2 syns with some chicken
3 apples punnet of cherries
Home made doner kebab loads of free red & white cabbage, cucumber and SW chips
Garlic dip 1.5 syns
Shortbread biscuit 3 syns
Skimmed milk (1 HEA)

Today goes like this, it ‘s been an EE day so I’ve had
Full english breakfast, beans, toms, mushrooms, scrambled egg, slice of toast (1HEB), tea and Chocolate biscuit 3 syns
Mug shots creamy cheese 2 syns
Spag bol (home made almost syn free added gravy granules so 1 syn)
I had a slice of bread before tea so 5 syns
Also some garlic bread and I cant find the info about it so I’m saying 10 syns
I’ve also had the following
Banana beer 10 syns
Baxters chicken soup half a tin 6 syns
Blue riband 5 syns
Chocolate fingers x 2 – 3 syns
So for today that makes 45 syns wow they quickly add up nee wonder I’m so big

looking at the past few days i've used 69 syns (today accounts for 45 of those so it would have been 24 ) and I'm not eating enough fruit and veg or drinking enough water
I think tomorrow i'm going to have to sit down and rethink what I'm having, I know I haven't planned very well so maybe tomorrow I should get all my cupboards, fridge and freezer organised so I can see where I'm at, then i can menu plan
I'm actually quite excited to start the new year this way.

oh and happy new year everyone:D

:Dyay yay yay I'm very happy to report a 6lb weight loss this week and for my 1st week I'm thrilled.
The last few times when doing SW I've never lost more than 4lb in the first week and have always been disheartened (even though I know I shouldn't as it's a loss) but this is the same amount that I lost in the 1st week six yrs ago when I managed to lose 2 stone and it was only my contraception failing and becoming pregnant that stopped me in my tracks, which in hindsight I'm actually happy about as I've now got my wonderful Ethan.

However I'm absolutely thrilled that I'm now 1lb away from my 1st target of half a stone and if I can lose that next week then I can lose every 7lb after that till I reach a healthy weight.

well tomorrow will be a green day as I've got jacket potatoes in the oven to take to work and some home made veggie chilli (free so I can have loads) for lunch and I'm not sure yet what I'll have for tea but I'll go have a look at recipe's now and see what i can conjure up.
Off to check my tatties first tho

Brilliant loss :)

Well Done xx:D

new day new start well sort of

Well at last week's WI i put on a 1lb, which was no surprise to me as I'd had cold and wasn't really eating cos I felt yuck, so I've been back on properly since then but rather than writing things down I've just been trying to keep account in my head and I don't think it's working as I'm getting confused.
So back to writing down
today:
B - porridge (1HEB) with milk (1HEA)
L- syn free spicy bolognaise with a jacket potato (1HEB)
T - will be pork ribs (all fat removed) with a selection of stir fry veg.
also
1 pear
fibre plus bar (6 syns)

I think I need more fruit and I'm trying to up my water intake so aiming for 8 glasses, today managed 3 so far.

Also going to do some exercise on the Wii tonight

Last edited:
I am feeling cack today, feeling really low and drained.
I've got paperwork coming out of my ears and I feel surrounded by death at the minute. I know I'm sounding dramatic but I just feel drained.
Don't want to say too much other than I work with older adults and a few are approaching death or have recently died so I'm feeling sorry for myself.

:break_diet:also hubby took me out for a meal tonight and it tasted greasy and yuck and I didn't enjoy it but I still ate it cos I was hungry and now I feel cack about that too.

so i'm not expecting a loss tomorrow morning and it's no-one's fault but my own so it's up to me to fix it.

on the positive side I have lost a total of 9lb so far I just need to keep on going.

Hi loonlylamb, hope you're feeling better today :hug99:
I am also on Slimming World, planning on mainly folowing EE with 1 green day a week. Losing 9lb is a great achievement hun, well done - keep it up!
How has your weigh in by the way? :)

After years of trying slimming world and not getting anywhere (apart from losing two stone prior to the youngest being born 8 years ago) i've decided to try something different, so i've bought the paul mckenna hypno gastric band book. I did the operation installation last night and i was mega sceptical. However i feel quite different today. I feel in control and im not obsessing about food and what i should and shouldn't eat, it actually feels quite liberating

good luck loonylamb on your journey xx

Well the first week is over and done with and ...................... I've lost 7lb :woohoo::party0011: i have to say im amazed, never did i think this would actually work, i have not been hungry, i have ate what i wanted, i have stopped when i am full, i have automatically made healthier choices, but ive still had cake. Also its been my totm and weight normally sticks like glue as i retain water, so for me to lose weight and so much as well !!!!!!!! I've never even lost that amount the first week of SW.
I do feel as if ive over eaten today and its been a bit harder to resist some foods so im off to listen to the op cd again

you will i have faith in you

Back