Loose Skin? :O

I have lost 4 stone and have been at my target weight for a couple of months now.

I have no loose skin but what I do have is flabby and untoned skin. I really need to exercise but I keep putting it off (I did buy trainers today which is a step in the right direction).

I am not sure loose skin really exists, I think you are either still too fat or you need to really tone up.

^ Personally I do think loose skin exists. I've seen people on the internet who have folds and folds of it, despite being at a low body fat %. Of course, there are things you can do to help yourself and help prevent it.

MSM is supposed to be very good - check out these videos. One is by a girl who has lost almost 100lbs (I think.)

YouTube - Loose Skin & Stretch Marks - Impatient Dieter's Secret! 10 in 2010 Liquid Diet Weight Loss

The second one is by a guy who lost 200lb on a raw food diet. He's appeared on a few TV shows and is fairly well-known in the states:

YouTube - LOVINGRAW 42: Stretchy Skin

Other than that... a lot of it is down to genetics, age, have you ever smoke? How fast are you losing the weight? Do you eat a well balanced diet? All these things help determine whether you'll have loose skin. I have lost 4 stone and have no loose skin so far. But I have another three go... so I'll just have to hope that it's non existent or minimal. BODY brush every day before your shower - and keep using the firming lotion. It may not stop it from becoming loose, but it'll mean your skin is in tip-top condition. At your weight, I don't think you will get it.

that article is really interesting! Thanks for posting it!
So hopefully if I carry on losing at a reasonable rate, and doing lots of weights and stuff as well, then I should be OK.

HI - I was looking for an article on loose skin and read your posts - Ronsy - you're doing brilliantly! A good place to look for inspiration. I'm new here!

Thanks Kwakers, good luck in your weight loss journey and remember to make it fun!!:D:D

Back