loose skin

Cherry Plum

One day at a time
Is there any way to stop the loose skin during or after losing weight?
Are you bound to get loose skin whatever you do?
Or can exercise stop or lessen the loose skin as you are dieting?

Your best bet is to use a good moisturiser like Dove firming gel, its worked great for me so far! :D

I'm using a variety but to be honest the skin on my thighs (day 16 & 12 ibs lost) has gone quite odd!! I suspect that we are loosing weight so fast that it will take a while for the skin t catch up & if, like me, you have 6 stone to loose, am unsure if it will ever go "flat" IYKWIM? It is a worry isnt it!

our counsellor told us it will take roughly an extra month for every stone we have lost until your skin recovers.

The extent of recovery basically depends on your genes and the elasticity of your skin, some of the creams can help a little but they can't work miracles.

At the end of the day, its better to have a bit of loose skin than all the unhealthy fat that used to fill it! Don't let it put you off!

Mags
xxx

I'm toning as I go but have to agree that the weight will come off too fast for my efforts to catch up with it. I'll lose the weight and worry about loose flesh afterwards.
I've been reading Icemoose's thread and I'm quite prepared to have surgery if needed. Let's get fit and healthy first though.

I'm trying to tone as I go along with exercise and creams & potions but am planning on having a tummy tuck and boob job if (most likely) necessary.

Cath

I also worry about the skin. I

I already have a stomach pouch after childbirth and have convinced myself it's staying the same size while everything else gets smaller.:cry:

I will try and up my exercise to minimise effects of weight loss as well as the creams. i'm just not consistent with it all.

Still would rather be lighter with a pouch than fat with a pouch! :rotflmao:

Sam

Since losing weight and being properly measured, my bust is 32D, my husband (jokingly I think.....) has suggested I can get a boob job and be 38D... I don't think he really understands how a bra is sized ROFL.

To be fair he hasn't seen me for a month, and certainly not with my flash new bras, so hopefully he'll be happy enough with whats left of my breasts lol.

Tough if he's not, I personally wouldn't have surgery just for that, although I've nothing against it. I would support a friend who chose to have it but I can't see me going for any!

As for my saggy/stripey/wrinkly belly? well thats half my husbands fault anyway seeing as its cos I had a baby so he'll just have to live with that as well hee hee.

Refusing to admit tummy may have ended up saggy/stripey/wrinkly due to me being 4 and a half stone overweight lol.

Mags
xxx

I have a pouch belly too, a result of my huge enormity and having 2 babies by c-section!!

I think I am prepared for a tummy tuck, if needed and also having my arms done. They are enormous and look totally vile already, with only 3 stone lost, or thereabouts!

I think I am prepared to hide my southward heading chest in a decent bra, and my thighs are rarely on public view..... Poor OH, the things he will have to put up with!!

I mentioned having a tummy tuck and boob job to hubby this morning when we were on route to b&q (saved talking about false ceilings!). He couldn't understand why I'd want to do it and wouldn't answer when I asked if he'd have any objections .... all he'd say was that I should only think about it when I've lost the weight, and then if I still felt that I'd want to go ahead with it then he'd be fine with it.

As I said to my daughter at least he didn't say, yes as long as you come back like Jordan!

Cath

I think men find it difficult to say much as they don't want to say the wrong thing.

ie, if he said "yes have a boob job" you may think OMG he doesn't like them as they are..... if you see what I mean.

Mags
xxx

I hope I am not too droopy all round, but will have to wait and see,

In theory would love a tummy tuck for the flat stomach, but hate the big long cut they do and I scar really badly.

As for boobs, been saying well before LL would love to upgrade them from the floor, but probably again I am being all mouth and no action on that too! :blahblah:

So can you get a tummy tuck on the NHS?
Or how much is it privately?

Think that it might be a good idea because I've got that horrible flap of skin on my belly that I think will always be there even when I'm slim.

I think that you can get them on the NHS - not sure whether it's available in all areas though or whether it depends on your PCT. Not sure either how much they cost to have them done privately.

Cath

Oh Boob job deffo on the cards have checked it out onBuoa it will cost just over £4000, but if you want them made bigger rather than just lifted its nearly the same size so when its time to get them going north again might think about going bigger, hubby says he will pay "what a sweetie"

Back