loose skin

my neck is already looking like crepe fabric :(

Loose skin..I have it well just about everywhere and it was inevitable really (I'm 36 and have been overweight my whole life). I call my body the melting candle..lol.

Arms, boobs, midriff, belly and thighs have all suffered but it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. My face seems to have escaped for the moment but I do still have four stone to go. Finances depending I will be having surgery just about everywhere.

I have a hovercraft stomach, I have read somewhere if you have lost more than 6 stone and kept it of for a year or more you were eligible for a tummy tuck on the NHS, don't know how much truth there is in it.

I think with all the money cuts trying to be made that will be the first thing to be scrapped by the NHS. x

My skin is a bit of a mixed bag so far :sigh: my stomach has snapped back and is actually quite flat (my skinny best friend is jealous!!) however my arms and breasts are awful and my thighs are headed the same way. When I lie in bed with my knees up the baggy skin on my thighs pools around my hips like it's melting off me :rolleyes:

I don't want to sound hurtful because I'm heading the same way, but truth be told, how many of us here would rather go back to be big or face the skin problem?

I for one prefer to have saggy skin which I can sort out, than to go back pilling up.

I have around 12-15 stones to lose, so imagine lol

Slow-roasted pork belly anyone? Lol

;'(

How much would the surgery cost roughly?

I know prices vary, but did someone do one already, and if so how much ?

For me surgery in the UK is prohibitively expensive so if I do decide to go down that route I'll be going to Belgium to have it done. I have had a surgeon highly recommended to me by several people who have lost significant amounts of weight and so I hope to have his team sort me out if I decide to do it.

For example the cost to have your arms done is (all inclusive both arms)up to 2400 euros which works out to be about £2040 maximum. Same price for the thigh lift.

Tummy tuck is up to 2900 euros which is about £2,500 and it's the same price for a breast lift.

Obviously prices are subject to change and all surgeons are different, I definitely think it's worth doing your research especially if you're going to go abroad.

I agree surgery abroad is often cheaper however the more the significant the surgery the more risk there is of post op complications (wound infections etc) and after care is often the most important part of body refining surgeries. I do know cases where the NHS has refused to fund such aftercare when the original surgery has taken place abroad so do consider all the aspects including who will do all your follow up care and how such potential issues would be dealt with (taking into account you might not be well enough to fly to see the surgeon).

Back