loosing more weight when it's cold?

pumpkinoune

I am just wondering if w eloose more weight when it is freezing outside? because the body has to burn more calories to keep the body warm?

this in theory should be the situation coz you wud more likely move more etc. but wudnt know if it would be significent enough to make a difference on the scales. i guess everyone will find out as we enter the winter. xxx lets hope so anyway.

Ooh I hope so cos it's bl**dy freezing tonight!

Jon
xx

Interesting theory! Don't know if it is the case or not. If it is true maybe we should move in with the eskimos!!!

Well i know that if you drink cold water all day the body has to burn calories to bring it up to body temperature, it's one of those little tips they teach you in the multitude of diet books out there hehe I don't think you burn many but you do burn a little more than usual so I expect if you spend your time outside in the cold the body has to work harder to maintain your body temperature also and with the same effect. Mind you, I don't think I want to go out in the freezing cold to test that theory hehe

I came to work in a T-Shirt and shorts today!!! I hope it works ;)

Back