Loosing weight on SW

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
I lost 5lb at my last WI and I know I shouldn't but I popped on the scales this morning after making a sw lasagne, couldn't believe it was free.. and wanted to make sure I hadn't put anything on. Lost another 3lb since Monday's WI and walked around the shopping centre and saw my image sideways.. OMG, I can see I've lost weight.. my face is already slimmer and my clothes are feeling looser too.

How can that be after 8lb?? Not looking a gift horse in the face, but.. a little shocked!

Trust in the plan! Well done!

you be amazed ive lost 11lb and my partner and family say can really tell i thought they was just being nice so added pictures on here and alot of lovely people said the same.. and i know people on here wil be honest with me as they dont 'have' to tell me i have if that makes sence... and also have around 8lb my clothes became a little looser :)

keep doing whatever you doing ! your doing gr8!

good for you, i think everyone is different, because ive lost nearly 3 stone and cant see any difference because i was so HUGE to start with - i obv have lost inches cos my clothes fit differently and thats the only changes i can see.

I think its great when you can see the changes the plan makes. Its the best slimming plan IMO! xxx

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I'm much more determined now to carry on being 100%. I was going to only give this 5 weeks and then for 4 weeks at the beg of July, to jump onto CD as I go away in Aug and really wanted to have lost weight, I'm crossing my fingers that I do well on this and average out at 3lb a week loss, and there will be no need to do the CD at all that way. I love the EE plan, seems to work for me :) x

dont go back to CD!!! stick with SW!! :D

you can do it, even if its a lot slower weigh up the positives - all the lovely foods you can eat, and the health benefits - and the learning curve you go through learning about the foods you should have for a balanced diet!

Plus all the cooking skills i have learnt too - im now like Nigella!!! (only not as sexy!)

x

Lol.. Thanks Ellebear. I bet you look far better then Nigella :).

With SW..I must say our fridge is stocked with lots of fresh veg, lean meat and yogurts and the fruit bowl is a high pile with pears, oranges, apples and banana's.

So it is definatley much healthier yes and I love cooking and trying new recipes. CD is a good quick loss but I alway's put it back on even eating fruit and veg.. so I will stick with sw as long as I can. I think the 3rd week in July, will then debate whether to just do 2 weeks on CD before hols, to get a quick stone off. But if id do carry on as I am now.. I shan't do that at all. xx

if you stick to sw and do it to plan it can just be as good weightloss wise... the weeks im really good (at least 90%) i have lost really well and i always have a curry on a sat night.. i love the flex syns :) theres no other diet out (that i nkow of) that i can eat a curry on a sat night and stillose 3lb :)

Area you loosing a good 3lb a week?? Thats brilliant and what an inspiration too.

I love curry too.. ordered some coconut flavouring (0syns) from Ebay and I add that to Plain L/F yogurt, take the pan off the heat, wait a minute and stir that into it. I did that for mine on Wed night and the kids had coconut cream in their's. Mine was a litle looser, but still just as nice :). I've carried over syns from wed, thurs and fri - 18 syns now and did save them for a weekend away (supposed to have gone today) but we didn't go so might treat myself to a few glasses of vino later now :) xx

I am definately no Nigella!! (see my profile pics!!!) but i do my best haha!

I think if you stick to SW 100% you will lose consistently - CD is as you say a way of losing weight 'quickly' but once you are out of Katosis (or whatever) then the lbs come flying back on....in most cases!!!! just cos it screws up Metabolism as its a VLCD....so would you not be better being that little bit heavier for holiday and carrying on with SW....i mean if you lose a quick stone for hols, then eat normal food, surely you will regain half a stone potentially? whereas if you lose half the amount on SW prior to holiday and STS...you are in a better position when you come back from hols?

Sorry for the ramble - i hope i am making some sense honey!!!

In short....i would encourage you to stay on SW, as long term its healthier and sustainable!

x

Ellebear. I can see what you are saying and no, not rambling at all and in all honesty, I would really want to carry on doing this. But you know what its like re holidays, I really left it too late to get that 3 stone off.. or have I?

Already 5lb down from WI, and I know I shouldn't but did a peep on scales day after after the sw lasagne, lol.. and I've already dropped 3lb from WI, so if thats in the 2nd week and my WI is on Tuesday instead of monday this week, then I could easily shift another lb in 4 days! That would make 9lb in 2 weeks and if I can average at 3lb a week 100% I'd have lost a stone in 4 weeks. I'm not going to expect miracles, but if it did happen like that Id certainly stay with SW til hols.. then carry on with sw when I got back to get to my 4 stone target. xx

Just keep at it - i mean i lost a monster 7.5lbs this week....which was after a gain, but i had a night out and cooked a curry in the week so i cant be more of an advocate for how good SW is!!!

Ive cheated myself a bit this week, but im 100% now until Thursday and hope i can have a little loss this week.

Good luck whatever you decide, but i really think you will be happier on SW - milkshakes vs cheese and steaks!!! i know what sounds more appealing to me! lol! xxx

Hello Shanny

Good to see you on here. Yes.. moved homes, lol.. now doing SW. Used to loose on CD, if I had a night out or a weekend away, it'd go on big time. So needed to do something that would be easy to still go out and about, but also loose weight too. So SW fits the bill and the stuff I'm eating, lol.. What can I say..fruit was a no no on CD, and now I eat loads of the stuff, not looking a gift horse in the mouth again..

Whats the diet you are on now and hows that going for you? xx

I am definately no Nigella!! (see my profile pics!!!) but i do my best haha!x

Well I've just looked at your profile pics and I think you're gorgeous! (don't panic though, I don't fancy you hehehe) I love the one of you in the blue dress with your bf, you can really see you've lost weight there. You look lovely x

Well i got to goal last weekend, still sorting which diet to follow for maintaince been trying out R.C and seems ok really.!

Keep up the good weight losses ,x

Back