Lose 4 stone in 2014

grotbags1979

Hi All,

I've been big all my life. At 5'8, the last time I weighed 10 stone was when I was 15. Well, i'm 35 this year so I am determined I am going to be 10 stone something again this year TWENTY YEARS LATER :eek: which is going to be tough as at my last weigh in I was 14 stone 7 lbs :rolleyes:

I had a baby 14 weeks aqo and my gut needs it's own postcode, none of my clothes fit me and I feel pretty rubbish.

My measurements are
Waist 42 inches :cry:
Hips 43 inches :cry:
Bust 40 inches :cry:
Thigh 25 inches :cry:
Calf 16 inches :cry:
Upper Arm 12 inches :cry:

I am literally a barrel :rolleyes: So here goes, I lost 6 stone on Weight Watchers 10 years ago so I know I can do it, just need to find my will power again. Weigh in on Mondays, pics & measurements every four weeks. I will be using MFP and following a shake diet for the first 12 weeks (Tesco Ultraslim) I will be intaking 1200 cals a day which should work out at a 2lb deficit a week. All sounds good so far lol. Just need to stick to it now!!

Wish me luck please! :wave_cry:

Good luck!!!

Thanks Claire!!

Well my first weigh in this morning resulted in a 6lb weight loss :) Mainly water weight obviously, but enough to spur me on, yay!! New measurements are as follows,

Waist 39 inches
Hips 43 inches
Bust 38 inches
Thigh 24 inches ,
Calf 16 inches
Upper Arm 11.5 inches

At the beginning I felt quite grumpy at times and very hungry, so I've increased my daily cals to 1200 a day and I've felt a lot better, still waking up with headaches so I'm going up my water intake. Still don't feel strong enough to add any exercise in, but running around after the kids is enough for the time being. Will update again next week.

Good luck with your healthy eating plans everyone :D

That is a fantastic loss! Yes, it may well be water, but not all of it! What a great start to spur you on. I think running after kids is sometimes better exercise than the gym! :)

And look at those inches lost already! Wow!
I'm going to measure myself monthly, so two weeks to go...

Measurements really help with me as I don't always see it when I look in the mirror, strange isn't it? Also taking photos. I'm trawling the net for before and after photos and I really want my own! How is your diet going? I tried SW but found I ate too much.

Seems to going well. I want to lose an average of 2lb a week, which I'm doing so far. I am rubbish at counting calories or being hungry so I find SW works for me. I've tried WW in the past but given how much I weigh, the number of points I was to have each day was far too much and I found it a bit overwhelming. I've got an awful lot to lose but am determined this time around.

You will do it, when I lost that much it came off in 8 months, but I did eat less points than I was supposed to. When I stick to a diet it drops off me, nearly as fast as I gain it! 2lbs a week is great. Jealous about New York, I've been twice but now I have children holidays like that are a thing of the past.

I've got a friend who used to live there for a number of years so I was able to visit many times for the cost of a flight. Unfortunately she has moved to Philadelphia now so my free accommodation has gone. The trip there in 2015 is happening but a friend and I have decided to head over for a couple of weeks this October as well! Now it's so important to lose the pounds and save the dollars! Not having kids has to have some advantages!!

If I can average 2lb a week then it'll be 60lb off by the time we get on the plane... a far more comfortable flight than previous visits :)

Sorry, I've hijacked your diary! Do you find the slim fast plan leaves you hungry?

Amazing weightloss! Good luck! I too want to go to New York this year - what better reason to get skinny for though hey?!

Sorry, I've hijacked your diary! Do you find the slim fast plan leaves you hungry?

NY this year! Now I am jealous lol, it will be perfect in October. Yes, very, and grumpy. I've decided to phase it out already and swap to protein shakes instead, i'll update when I've had my Whey delivered.

Amazing weightloss! Good luck! I too want to go to New York this year - what better reason to get skinny for though hey?!
Thanks, absolutely, I wish I was skinnier when I went to NY, I came back even fatter after all the lovely deli breakfasts.

So, second weigh in and another lb off, quite glad to have maintained the first weeks loss and continued to lose. I think the sugar in the Ultra Slim was messing with my insulin so hopefully I might lose a little more with doing protein shakes instead. I'm using Diet Impact Whey from Myprotein (20% off at the mo) as a meal replacement for breakfast and lunch with snacks in between.

Are you finding it better than the slim fast or is it too early to say? Well done on the loss this week. I STS but given how naughty I was at the weekend, I am delighted not to have put on a few pounds!

Are you finding it better than the slim fast or is it too early to say? Well done on the loss this week. I STS but given how naughty I was at the weekend, I am delighted not to have put on a few pounds!

Hi Clare, the protein is a lot more filling than the slim fast. So i'm feeling less hungry, only problem is I've got a lot of a flavour I'm not too keen on so i'm not really enjoying the taste. hoping this doesn't derail me.

Looks like you got away with it, going ok this week so far?

So far so good!

So I've not checked in for a while, busy week as I found out I may have gallstones, going for a scan soon. I think that all the milk was consuming may have aggravated the lining of my stomach so I've come off the shakes completely and decided to do it the old fashioned way, calorie counting with a well known fitness app! I'm still at 14 stone dead on this morning and my measurements haven't changed really so I'll wait four weeks and update.

I'm allowing 1360 cals a day with a little leeway on the weekends, but this should see me lose a lb a week. Luckily we have a biomechanical scientist in the family who has advised me that the best way to eat for my condition is little and often so my sugar levels don't go through the roof. I have spread the cals into Breakfast/Mid Morning/Lunch/Mid Afternoon/Dinner. Sometimes I split dinner in half which makes it easier instead of making two meals and the result is I never feel hungry.

Onwards and Upwards!

Back