Lose a stone in a week?

miss-tri

Just browsing through the net last week and i came across this and iv decided to give it a try and thought to post it on here just in case its of interest to anyone else and in case it may produce good results for anyone who would like to try it... also so i could hear what others think about it... it'd be nice to hear some opinions etc :)

Note: i didnt come up with the week diet

This is a diet I was handed and told that it was designed to help people crash lose a stone for operations. I tried it and lost 14 lbs, so I’ll pass it along since I can’t find it anywhere else on the net.

Day 1

Breakfast- 1 slice dry toast

with 1 grilled tomato OR tinned tomatoes

Lunch- Fresh fruit - any amount

Dinner- 2 hard boiled eggs

Salad & grapefruit

Day 2

Breakfast- Grapefruit
1 boiled egg

Lunch- Grilled chicken with tomatoes
Toast

Dinner- Grilled steak
Salad

Day 3

Breakfast- Grapefruit
1 boiled egg

Lunch- fresh fruit- any amount

Dinner- 2 grilled lamb chops
Salad and grapefruit

Day 4

Breakfast- 1 slice dry toast

Dinner- 2 hard boiled eggs
Salad and grapefruit

Day 5

Breakfast- 1 slice of dry toast

Dinner- fresh fish, salad

Day 6

Breakfast- 1 glass grapefruit juice

Lunch- fresh fruit (any amount)

Dinner- grilled chicken
Carrots and grapefruit

Day 7

Breakfast- scrambled eggs, grilled or tinned tomatoes

Lunch- 2 poached eggs, spinach

Dinner- grilled steak, salad

How I lost a stone in a week

Their Rules

1. No alcoholic drinks.
  2. Permitted drinks: Black coffee, tea, lemon/grapefruit juice without sugar.
  3. No milk, butter or fats.
  4. NO EATING BETWEEN MEALS
  5. Abstain from all not included in diet. Eat what is shown or go without.
  6. ONLY DIET FOR ONE WEEK IN THREE - TWO WEEKS OFF
  7. No substitutes allowed. The basis of the diet is chemical, not the quantities.
  8. Lunch and dinner may be swapped but only on the same day.
  9. GUARANTEED TO LOSE ONE STONE IN ONE WEEK.
My Tips

1. The grapefruit sourness is a lot more bearable with pink grapefruit. Also, if you have a sweet tooth normally, bear in mind that grapefruit sweetens a lot in the last stages of ripening.
  2. I am used to eating like a pig, and thus had a lot of “empty stomach - must fill” type feelings. Drinking lots of water filled me up temporarily.
  3. If you are desperate for flavour on some of the blander dishes, add a little lemon juice. On the list of allowed drinks and can pep up things nicely.
  4. If you try the diet and it works for you, leave me a comment. I’m curious to see if it works for other people.
NB: This is not my diet, I merely transcribe; do not sue me if you die

Last edited:
Sounds very unhealthy and downright dangerous. Can't see that you're getting the nutrients you need.

Sounds like just plain starving yourself

Sounds very unhealthy and downright dangerous. Can't see that you're getting the nutrients you need.

Sounds like just plain starving yourself

I agree, its not very 'healthy' but it is a crash diet to lose a stone. Your not supposed to do it for more than a week at a time, your supposed to do it for a week and then resume normal eating and do it again but after quite some time (cant really remember exactly what it said tbh)

wouldnt normally do it but i really have the urge to just try it and see if i do manage to lose quite abit :eek: i read what other people wrote after they tried it and it seems all of them had big losses.... and people didnt gain back when they resumed their normal eating again :eek:

Having said that, im still not sure if i am going to... i do actually prefer the healthy way of losing weight :rolleyes: but whilst dieting i tend not to eat alot so i dont think it would be difficult and mean id feel like im starving myself if i did try it out also even if i did manage to lose a lot i wouldnt do it again :p

I tend to find these type of diets impossible to follow with work... how am I supposed to grill a chicken breast and prepare toast at work for lunch?

How much can you expect to loose if you follow the plan for 2 or 3 days? I've seen a 4 day diet that you can loose up to 18lbs on during the 4 days.

Last edited:
I suppose you could have something as equally low in carbs like a salad and chicken breast that you have prepared and cooked before you go to work.

I'm not sure how much you could lose in 2-3 days.

People commented on the site who tried it out and it seems they all had big losses from 5lbs upto 1 stone and 2 pounds i think it was. Thats why im interested and thinking of giving it a go...

I tend to find these type of diets impossible to follow with work... how am I supposed to grill a chicken breast and prepare toast at work for lunch?

How much can you expect to loose if you follow the plan for 2 or 3 days? I've seen a 4 day diet that you can loose up to 18lbs on during the 4 days.

people did have small losses but to get real results your supposed to stick exactly to everything apparently

i wouldnt bother, i think you'll just put it back on as soon as you start eating properly again

You could give it a go. It is only 1 week of your life but just make sure that when you go back to normal eating to exercise more so it doesn't all go back on. Or to take it really easy with the carbs. Also would advise to take multivitamins!

Would be interesting to see your losses :)

And drink LOADS of water!

I cant see what is unhealthy about it, or why eating 3 times a day is considered starving yourself. What exactly is wrong with eating fresh fruit, salad, and varying amounts of protein anyway? As for nutrients, isnt this exactly the sort of food thats full of nutrients? If it isnt, can someone tell me what is? The only thing that seems to be restricted is carbs, and there is a certain amount in the toast and fruit anyway. And junk food. Maybe the lack of junk food makes it unhealthy?

hehe you have a point

I have decided not to try this but to maintain healthy eating and exercise (will cost less in the long run).

Lynn, did I read that you lost all your weight without exercising? How did you achieve this?

Lynn, did I read that you lost all your weight without exercising? How did you achieve this?

Just by eating less, and making sure that what I did eat was nutrionally sound, fruit salad and protein mainly. I cut out the carbs and the junk food as Im diabetic and needed to get my blood sugar under control. I get check ups at docs every 3 months because of the diabetes, and she is delighted with my progress and how i have achieved it. Even i will admit though that for 6 months my calorie intake was very low, but Ive come through it unscathed and thin! with low cholestrol, normal blood sugars and low to normal blood pressure. I wear size 10 jeans now which is something of a miracle in itself as I was never that size even as a teenager.

No doubt exercise is a very good thing and im sure I would benefit from it. I do go swimming every week, but even so I tend to spend more time in the spa pool than actually expending a lot of energy lol. I do need to take more exercise, but im pretty lazy and work full time anyway.

Exercise isnt necessary to lose weight, eating less will do it, and even without exercising I lost my weight fast, 78lbs in 23 weeks up to Oct/Nov and another 16lbs or so since then, but im sure I would be fitter now if I had.

I'm one for something sustainable, personally. Constantly shifting diets usually should just lead to emotions doing the same.

Just steadily improving my lifestyle without taking any steps back is a smooth ride.

It is all about what works for you, though. :)

Back