Lose a stone in a week?

I don't think the diet looks that unhealthy, just low in fat and carbs which we probably all ate too much of to begin with!

Aslong as you don't go wild once you come off it I think this looks easyish to stick to. I agree with an earlier comment though, I could do this because Im at uni and have irregular hours but I can't picture people eating some of those lunches in the office!

I agree, its not very 'healthy' but it is a crash diet to lose a stone. Your not supposed to do it for more than a week at a time, your supposed to do it for a week and then resume normal eating

ok, so you starve yourself for a week, you lose 1 stone of your muscle mass, then you start eating again normal and you put back on 1 stone of fat. You start the crash diet again and lose ANOTHER stone of your muscle mass and then put back on ANOTHER stone of fat. Your fat percentage goes up every few weeks rather than decreasing, your waistline increases rather than decreasing, your probability to get type 2 diabetes increases... and besides that, during the crash diet's week you are ratty, always tired and moody.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF DOING THIS TO YOURSELF???? :confused: Go on a PROPER diet and lose weight in a PROPER way, which is durable and healthy. Don;t destroy your body... you don't want to start a vicious cycle...

Very true. Your an inspiration Lynn. I wish to loose about 2 stones by the summer, do you think this is achievable?

Given that your BMI is already in the normal range and that you are aiming for a BMI that many would consider too low, I think you would struggle to lose 2 stone full stop lol. Maybe you could lose a stone in that time.

I tend to find these type of diets impossible to follow with work... how am I supposed to grill a chicken breast and prepare toast at work for lunch?

How much can you expect to loose if you follow the plan for 2 or 3 days? I've seen a 4 day diet that you can loose up to 18lbs on during the 4 days.

toast is quite nice cold :) i know loads of my workmates who bring in cold toast to eat as a snack

to me this diet dosent seem healthy at all, seems dangerous
sure its all healthy, but its the lack of food thats worrying

Last edited:
I'm with kagome, this is not healthy.

Ok, yes, VLCD's can work, but the fact is its short term, and has no "maintenance plan" to get you back to real life eating, so it's all gonna pile back on. VLCD's like Exante/lipotrim don't even promise that kind of weight loss! NO doctor in their right mind would agree to a diet like this.

Last edited:
I have currently started this diet and I'm on the second day, I have a bad habit with food and I over eat and over indulge in all the wrong foods. I will be doing this diet for the 7 days and then returning to slimming world. To anyone who thinks this diet is unhealthy it is not it is 3 meals a day including protein carbs fruit and vegetables. I have lost 2 pounds already only after one day. It does take a lot of willpower but seeing results already is keeping me going. I will comment again to give my final weight loss on the 7th day.

Back