Step 1 Sole Source Losing 7 Stones - *FIVE* Stones gone!

Hi Thomas! Just thought I would stop by your diary and see how you were getting on? Hope you had a good Christmas?? How did you find it? Look forward to hearing about your news!!!

Congratulations on the weight loss people. Truly inspirational, I start my journey on Wednesday 2nd January. Similar weight loss goals. Start weight approximate 128.8kg and I am going to get down to 85kg in 6 months. I cannot wait to start, I will post every week after weigh in, if anybody is interested. Cheers Big Mick

Hey Thomas - havent seen you on the forums for a while, hope you had an great Christmas and Happy New Year - let us know how you are getting on!!

Hi everyone.

I was away for a while. I had a bad accident a couple of weeks ago (involved a few broken bones :() and I'm now in recovery. Unfortunately I can't be on the diet until I fully recover, which may take some time :sick:. The feeling of having to eat something when I don't want it is horrible, I can't cope with the guilt but I don't have a choice. :lost:

Wow Thomas I'm so sorry to hear about your accident with broken bones and all - at least you are now on the road of recovery and hopefully you'll be back in on your feet very soon!

Take care of yourself!

Oh no - what sort of accident was it?? You take care of yourself! Dont feel guilty for eating, it has to be done but try and eat healthily - you have to eat, but its not an excuse to binge and eat junk food!!! :D You can do this and you will get through with little/if any weight gain.

Thank you both.

Big Girl (I'm sure you should think of a new name for yourself, you're no longer big), it was a car accident.

I've gained 6 lbs so far (plus some more) :( I'm trying to practice some healthy eating now but it seems weight comes with it :( I was really close to getting to my goal of 7 stones loss, I just needed to lose 1.5 more!

Life goes on, I'll get my chance soon :)

Not to worry Thomas - you will lose the weight once you get back on track. I hope your recovery is going well.
As someone recently posted in the forum, this diet is tough sometimes ... life gets in the way. :)

Hi Thomas - Hows the recovery going? Not to worry about the weight gain - you will get that off in no time once you can get back into the swing of it after your recovery. Just remember to try and eat healthy etc. Take care of yourself and keep us updated on your progress etc.

Gained another 2lbs :(

If you're not on CD or VLCD any more, gaining some weight back is normal because you restore the glycogen in your liver. Meanwhile, I'm sure you are watching what you eat and making sure most of it is protein and veg.

How's the recovery going - bones knitting back together nicely? Any idea when you can get back on CD and continue your preciptious loss of 7 stones?!? :eek:

How's the recovery going - bones knitting back together nicely? Any idea when you can get back on CD and continue your preciptious loss of 7 stones?!? :eek:

I'm fine generally, the doctor says that I shouldn't start the diet until I fully heal which should be in about a month.

Hi Thomas, hows the healing coming along? Just thought, have you thought about using MFP just so you can keep a track of your calories etc - it might help with the weight gain and even might help you to lose a few lbs along the way! Keep positive!! :)

Recovery's going well, I had a flu and sore throat this week but it's almost over now. I think I can be back on the diet in two weeks!

Last edited:
Good news! Glad you're getting better.

Back