Losing it lb by lb

jules1981

Gold Member
Hi

I have such a long way to gooooooooo

I am 21.5 stone. I have put on 3 stone since Oct due to a change in medication and the only way to loose it all is to do it lb by lb, Its going to take me a long time for many reasons.

Due to my health issues, unforgettably I cannot go to my best friends wedding in Greece in May (witch I was really looking forward to :() as part of my parents 25 wedding anniversary and hubbys 30th we are thinking about going abroad in Sep 2015, so this is my goal weight, witch is a 2 years 5 months away. I think that's a reasonably goal.I really hope by then my meds will be right and I can cope with going abroad.

I have to loose over half my body weight to be at my ideal goal of 10 stone.

I have lost weight by cal counting before, I think it will fit in with our family lifestyle ( We have a 14 month old) So want to make lots of cheap health meals.

This is the start of my long journey.

xxxx

Hi jules, here to subscribe to your diary hun, you can do it!!

My sister was 22 stone & got down to 16 stone in 6 months, you just have to have that determination & you will succeed in anything you want.

Good luck. Xxx

Hi Jules, you can do this, just take it a day at a time and a pound at a time.

Thank you everyone for all your support and words of encouragement.

Just been playing around with several cal counting sites and it seem i should be eating anything from 2100-1400 ish cals a day. today i am healthy eating

beans and scrambled egg for breakfast

ham and lf cream cheese sandwich for lunch twiglets and apple

babybel

smoked mackerel and couscous and veggies for tea, yog and special k mini breaks

water, skimmed milk in tea

I have a plan xxxx

Tomorrow I am going to aim for 1700 cals and see if i loose on that for a few weeks. I spoke to my gp and my medication i can now take at bedtime, hoping that will help.

xxxx

Hey jules, just wanted to say your meal plan looks fab and it is lovely to see you have such a great attitude...pound by pound is the only way! :D x

I have tried VLCD by eating less than 1000 cals and I just give up and eat rubbish! So with 1700 I can still have treats all be it prob a kitkat or freddie frog bar. Also liked baked crisps for around 100 cals

Looking forward to properly starting tomorrow :)

xxxx

Breakfast
Egg 90
beans 147
mushrooms 20

Lunch
Bread brown 120
salad 10
srdines in tom sauce 1/2 can 120
crisps 115
Organic OJ 93

Home mad quorn chili 382
vegtable rice 190
2 x taco shells 194

1516Semi skimmed milk in tea 40 cals
500 mls water
500mls green tea

Last edited:
Making a veggie chili with quorn mince for tea :) off to goggle cals in pepper and courgetts :) to work out cals xxx

Thanks Hun, I hope I loose on it, i hate the meds -seem to control my body :( but am not in psychosis any more so they are working! thanks for dropping by.

Having a bit of DH eater egg which i reckon will just take me over 1700 for today, but not miles over so happy with that.

Good on you, jules :character00116: And welcome! :welcome:You can absolutely do this, you've already started! Just think...in two and a half years, you'll be the same age whether you started now or not - so better to get there and be at your 'happy weight'. I think 1700 sounds a great figure...as people keep saying to me, this is a marathon, not a sprint....I've realised that the reason I haven't lost weight when I've tried to before is I never 'fixed' my relationship with food. I lost about 10kg once by eating at 1000 cals, and then got a new boyfriend...we went out everywhere and I gained it all back in about 2 months because I never learned to think about a healthy lifestyle! OK that's my ramble over :blahblah: We'll do it right this time :bliss:Just remember, you won't have to wait 2.5 years to get the health benefits of this...even in a couple of stone you'll feel and look lighter, happier and healthier. It's like gradually seeing your 'true self' emerge :character00238::king:

By the way, have you got My Fitness Pal? It's a (free) app for smartphone - logs your calories for you and you can log exercise too. A lot of people on here use it.

Thanks super groovy :) i was with my fitness pal a long time ago might have to search password out :) You are right even 2 stone less would be better :) Its a long road not a race!! :) I love your positive signature :) xxxx

Well my week and a half has been super stressful and haven't stuck to CC at all, i haven't been well enough to cook, my parents have been doing our meals and I am being seen by crisis team as had a major blip, they have upped my meds again and are now on daily visits rather than 2-3 times a day, more meds (argh harder to loose weight). On monday when i started to come out of the psychosis episode then i started to make sense, i told the team how totally unhappy i am with my weight and they said cause my BMI is so high and they can see how much weight i have gained since being on my meds, and we are going down the route of direct payments ( as should not be on my own) they could incorporate a gym membership with a personal assistant ( wouldn't go on my own and the cheaper gym is a good 15 min drive ( and not allowed to drive until I have seen "stable for 3 months! had to surrender my licence to DVLA) so wouldn't walk it, so out of all the chaos's of the last week something positive has been achieved :) wont happen for a while but a step forward.

I know my depression/anxiety/psychosis wont disappear if i loose weight BUT i want to start cooking again, i think some of my mood is effected by food, and sure good healthy home cooked meals will help rather than crap. i hope so anyway. I will do anything to help how I feel, this isnt the way i want to live. i want to be able to look after my son and be a good mummy.

xxx

Last edited:
Beans 147
scrambled egg 90

Apple 50, babybel 42 almonds 54

rivta 99 sweetcorn 91, sardines in tom sauce 148

twiglets 98 and fruit bar 64

chicken 115, veggies 92, wholewheat noodles 175, soyal sauce-low salt 15

3 x cream crackers and marmite 126 (better than choc biscuits I normal eat-and more than 3 of them!)

200 mls skimmed milk in teas and coffes 70

1593 :)

1 x cofee 200 mls
1 x water 750 mls
1x green tea 500 mls
1 xcoffee at friends with semi skimmed milk 30
1 X Oveltine 77

Cleaned all the house so that must count towards exercise, it hadn't been done for 2 weeks, so must have burnt some cals

Last edited:
Ok so making Fri my weigh in day-i used to weigh everyday and its a habit I am trying to get out of, so weighing fri and mon, but counting Fri so that's 1lbs since I first weighed in not loads but better than the scales going up!

xxxx

Egg x2 180
bread 85
cherry tom 10

Rivta 99 banana 100 peanut butter 100

Apple 50 babybel 42 almonds 45

fruit bar 67

chicken 300, bacon 100 sweet pot 168 oil 20

skimmed milk in teas and coffees 70

500 mls water
300mls coffee

Last edited:
Thanks for your understanding hun, yep mental health takes over, but am hoping healthier diet will help MH too. Take care xxx

ok so sat was 1876, so went over and yesterday was about 2000 I need to sort out weekends. I WILL stay under 1700 today :) xx

Hi jules - nice to meet you - first I love the name of your diary - you are so right 1lb at time x second I came in for support and to wish you luck

!

Well my week and a half has been super stressful and haven't stuck to CC at all, i haven't been well enough to cook, my parents have been doing our meals and I am being seen by crisis team as had a major blip, they have upped my meds again and are now on daily visits rather than 2-3 times a day, more meds (argh harder to loose weight). On monday when i started to come out of the psychosis episode then i started to make sense, i told the team how totally unhappy i am with my weight and they said cause my BMI is so high and they can see how much weight i have gained since being on my meds, and we are going down the route of direct payments ( as should not be on my own) they could incorporate a gym membership with a personal assistant ( wouldn't go on my own and the cheaper gym is a good 15 min drive ( and not allowed to drive until I have seen "stable for 3 months! had to surrender my licence to DVLA) so wouldn't walk it, so out of all the chaos's of the last week something positive has been achieved :) wont happen for a while but a step forward.

I know my depression/anxiety/psychosis wont disappear if i loose weight BUT i want to start cooking again, i think some of my mood is effected by food, and sure good healthy home cooked meals will help rather than crap. i hope so anyway. I will do anything to help how I feel, this isnt the way i want to live. i want to be able to look after my son and be a good mummy.

xxx

Your week sounds awful i am so sad you are suffering - I have just come out of an "episode", have been off work since the beginning of January and I am finally returning to work this Thursday

Exercise has definitely helped my mental health, so that gym membership will really help - i use toning tables - it sounds like cheats exercise but after six sessions you exercise on them - I lost 21.5 inches in the first four weeks of my diet - I also walk daily and do a very easy 14 mins walking workout on youtube - search for Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk

Set yourself small goals - take each day as it comes - if you go wrong don't panic - its one meal out of a week of 21 meals - just stay positive

Best piece of advice I can give you is visit Minimins regularly - the support and friendship is something we all need to keep motivated!

lots of love, donna x

Last edited by a moderator:
hard boiled egg 90
oatcake 60

300 mls water

Voices are bad over weekend and I have put some of little man clothes on a facebook selling page-something i would never dare do before as i wouldn't want to have to face people, i always get hubby to do it, But someone wanted to collect a tigger outfit this morning and I faced them on my own (little man is with my parents till 12pm) so i am on my own as hubby works 7.30-5.30. i know its a tiny step but its a positive one for me :)

xxx

Back