Losing, maintaining & staying SANE!!

Clanger72

Silver Member
Not sure if this is my 3rd or 4th attempt at a diary but this time I'm going to make a conscious effort to actually visit & write in it.

I think everyone needs a place to voice their thoughts and vent their frustrations so this will be mine.

A little about me:

I'm 40, mum to one grown up son, I work full time in a job I mostly enjoy, live with my partner of 4yrs, our dog & a cat who is currently awol!

I joined Minimins in march 2011 and after several failed attempts on different diets I started calorie counting in July 2012 & to date have lost just over 2 stone.

I'm now trying to maintain my weight (the tricky part). Ideally I don't want to see the scales show anything higher than 9st 7lbs. The minute I see them creeping close to that figure I will drop my cals & return to the lower 9's, that's the plan anyway! :)

Last edited:
Couple of before & after pics, chubby fat face to hopefully slimmer looking face

image.jpgFace 158-131.jpg

Last edited:
Why does everyday have to be a constant battle with my appetite? I ate breakfast, i had a mid morning snack I know I'll be eating lunch in an hour & yet my head is telling me I'm starving & that there's biscuits & cake in the kitchen which i could snack on!!

I don't NEED a snack I'm not gonna die in the next hour.....get a b loody grip woman!

Hi Clanger!! Love the before & after photos - you have done so well!!! Has the cat turned back up yet?

Blimey haven't posted in here since January, so much for keeping it up to date!

So the plan was to never go over 9st 7.......err failed that one big time, managed to chomp my way back up to 10st 8 at one point!!

Wish I could say maintaining was a breeze but to be honest I never even gave it a try. Once I hit goal I totally relaxed, didn't bother counting my cals or restrict my portion sizes so no real surprise that I gained over 20lbs back.

Anyway its taken me awhile but I'm back in control and have lost 5lbs taking me to 10st 3 and I'm determined to get back to where I was & then follow a sensible maintenance plan.

Trip to seaside, fish & chips, ice cream, crisps, chocolate etc etc....... Food-wise it wasn't the healthiest of weekends but fun-wise is was great :)

If there's one thing I've learnt during my weight loss journey its the occasional blow out doesn't hurt so long as it doesn't continue for days! So back on the wagon today & fingers crossed for a lb loss come Friday weigh in!

Well done Clanger- good to be back in the zone :)

Back