Losing my best friend

lucylupin

:( This may be long, my best friend moved about 150 miles away a year ago, i feel like im losing her. She was really sad here, she had been for years for lots of reasons and now she has moved she is so happy, and i am pleased for her, she deserves to be happy.
I try to keep in touch with her but when i text her she doesnt always answer me and when i phone she doesnt have time to talk, i think im just feeling sorry for myself cos i am happy that shes happy now, i really am.
I dont really have any other close friends and miss having her to talk to, i dont know what else to do, i guess that im going to just have to accept that she has moved on with her life and doesnt need me like she did before.
Thanks for reading, i just needed to write it down, as my husband lovely as he is, doesnt understand how i feel.

I understand how you feel! My best friend (we were completely inseparable) had to move back to China last year after her visa got denied (she'd been living here a really long time) and it was really sudden and heartbreaking, she really didn't want to go but I'm glad she's closer to her family and stuff.

We've kept in contact but it's hard as she's just so far and the time difference doesn't always help! I'm going over there to see her in November but now she's got a new job and works crazy hours, contact is a lot less than it was. It's hard because I feel like I've lost my best friend but it's just one of those things. My OH was wonderful about it and sometimes he tries to do girly things with me (like facemasks lol) to try and make me feel better but deep down, I just miss her for her!

Hopefully it'll get easier with time, and I'm sure you'll meet other people and make new friends.

Big hugs and hope you feel better about it soon xx

I have very close friends who I rarely see, but the important thing is that I know if I needed a friend, they would really be there for me. It is strange to go from a very close friendship, with regular contact, to one where it's a bit more sporadic, but I put a lot of that down to the curse of the text message or facebook. It's all too easy to think you'll reply later, and then it just get's forgotten about.

Why not arrange to meet up with her, or pop up for a visit for a good catch up.

Also, for yourself, why not have a look and see if there are any clubs or groups for you to join, or voluntary work, so you can meet more people. You don't need to replace your best friend, but it never hurts to have more mates!

I completely understand how you feel. I worked with a girl that I just clicked with. We saw each other all the time as she only lived 5 mins away from me. He hubby was in the army, so after 3 years they moved 2.5 hrs away :cry:

3 months after they moved my sister died of breast cancer and I just missed her ssssooooooo much. She hated where they moved to and missed Oxfordshire so much. Two years later, her and her hubby split up and she is desperate to move back down near me.

During this time she has really suffered with depression and is very sporadic with her contact. I hadn't seen her for 2 years, despite me trying. I was beginning to think that she wanted our friendship to end. I got an message on facebook from her new boyfriend (not so new to them, but new to me) who wanted me to go and surprise her for her birthday. He said that she never stops taking about me and he really wanted to met me as I mean so much to her.

I was ssooo lovely seeing her and it was like we only saw each other last week and it was so lovely to know that the close friendship we have is still there. It doesn't matter how often you see them.

Trouble is, I have missed her bl00dy loads this week :cry::cry:

Thankyou everyone, its nice to know that im not on my own. I wish that i could go up to see her but with kids etc its really not that easy. I am going to look for a club or group to join cos it really would be nice to meet some new people.

Thankyou everyone, its nice to know that im not on my own. I wish that i could go up to see her but with kids etc its really not that easy. I am going to look for a club or group to join cos it really would be nice to meet some new people.

Could you maybe arrange to Skype each other regularly - every Sunday night perhaps??! We've got a great webcam for just £20 and Skype is free. Two of my best friends live in Dubai and Australia respectively and we're lucky if we see each other from one year to the next but with Skype, F/B etc. it feels as though we're still just down the road from each other! I can go literally years without actually seeing them but when we do it's as though we haven't seen each other for an hour - a sign of true friendship xx

Could you maybe arrange to Skype each other regularly - every Sunday night perhaps??! We've got a great webcam for just £20 and Skype is free. Two of my best friends live in Dubai and Australia respectively and we're lucky if we see each other from one year to the next but with Skype, F/B etc. it feels as though we're still just down the road from each other! I can go literally years without actually seeing them but when we do it's as though we haven't seen each other for an hour - a sign of true friendship xx

We had discussed doing this, but she still hasnt set it up, we are on FB and i can see what shes been doing (that sounds a bit stalkerish!) will have to talk again about skype

Back