Losing my motivation

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
Hi MM's!

As you may know I follow SW on my own at home mainly because I work long hours and have a 14 month old baby and also I don't like the Consultant at my local group. I have been on SW on and off since November (I went "off plan" over Xmas and put on everything bar 1lb which I originally lost).

The past week I have succumbed to takeaway pizza and had a curry and a night out drinking and now I am just feeling like jacking it in! My baby has had the norovirus and has lost so much weight (and she's only a little dot anyway!) so we have bought in some biscuits, cake and custard to try and get some weight on her and I am sooooo tempted!

I need to get my head back in the "zone" because when I am there there's no stopping me, I just feel like my motivation is slipping away :eek:

Thanks for reading!

Things have not been easy for you and it is not easy to put yourself first in this situation.

I know you can do it. So think of tomorrow as the start of a new journey and begin with a new weight and aim for each day being a good one. Good luck

Irene xx

((( ))) sorry u r having a hard time of it hun.
my son is 18 months and only weighs 19lbs so he has been a dietian since before he could eat but we have to give him extra calories like food cooked in butter and anything to bulk him up and it usually means i have to make to meals and i work at night so can get alittle full on at times one thing i do find helps is batch cooking his meals and freezing them and dh gets his out when he needs a meal with extra cals that i have made sw way and also another thing i do is get dh to hide choccy etc and he gives it to the children. another thing we give my ds is a milk shake has added vits in and helps put on weight complan. doesn't tempted me cause i know what its for. i also by low syn food as snacks for chicldren cause that way if i'm tempted its not to bad or food i don't like and they do.
hun i know its hard esp in your situation but u need to remeber the reason u want to lose weigh write them down it helps and dream alittle about u reaching your goal cause u will do it hun if u want it anoth and i'm sure u do

Sorry about your baby.

My view (as a childless person) is that a healthy and happy you will be a help to your baby. If you eat healthily you will be less likely to get ill and have more energy to look after your bundle of joy.

Being healthy and losing weight is not just for you but also your baby.

Now feel free to ignore this motivational talk as I have no clue of the challenges parents face. :)

I hope your baby gets better soon.

Thanks for your replies. I have brought loads of free foods in to work today and am determined to try and make this week's loss a good one!!

I have planned all my meals for this week and am really looking forward to them!

I'm also trying a cup of Green Tea with each meal to see if that helps!!

Back