Losing the baby weight (again!)

I know what you mean- it feels naughty but it really isn't :) I'm going to challenge myself to eat more syns next week as it's way more fulfilling and everyone on here seems to say they have better losses when they do! This morning I challenged this by having a big bowl of coco pops (a double portion so 10 syns!) which was scary as it uses up 2/3rds of the day's syns- but I didn't need them later so was glad! I think most days I save them expecting to want them in the eve and then don't have many at all in the end.

When I did go to group the consultant said she barely EVER didn't use all 15 of her syns each day!

Coco pops - yum!

Great diary Clare. You sound like supermom, it's great that you don't use just having a baby as an excuse not to exercise. I was really lazy it took me at least 6 months to get motivated after I had my children.

Keep up the good work, your doing fab. :)

Aww thanks - what a lovely thing to say! I really appreciate it, it's the little comments like that that make your day! Xx

So, onto today, should be another busy one with a couple of groups to go to with my girls, and a couple of walks. Hopefully will do the treadmill today too as OH should be home early. As for food today,
breakfast - mixed berries and an apple with a muller light (tesco shop delivered last night, tried to substitute ff Greek yogurt for full fat! Going to walk there today after groups to stock up!)
lunch - not 100% decided yet, but most prob something with eggs and Ryvita!
dinner - beef goulash, prob with some pasta and Savoy cabbage, another muller light
snacks - fruit, hot choc and maybe a kit kat!

Have a great day all.

Well done on your loss so far! I have had far too many bad days this past week, the other day I had a burger king triple whopper meal for lunch before I went to do the food shop. Then later that night we ordered fish and chips because we didn't want to eat anything we had bought! That's when I realised we can't diet when there's money to spend on junk! Yesterday was also bad! I ate 4 galaxy ripples, 3 bags of crisps and 2 chicken sandwiches! Had to weigh this morning just to see where I'm at and I'm surprised I lost 1lb! But today is soup day so I'm going to make some cabbage soup and detox myself of all the salt and sugar!! Feeling better now there's no junk in the house, and no spare money to spend on junk either!

I am now subscribed to your diary! Keep up the good work!

Well done your doing great so far...you have a very busy life style! Lola is such an adorable name!!! What's your other girls name?
I'm just recently married and no kids and find it hard to stick to a weigh loss programme so your a star in my eyes...best of luck!

Well done your doing great so far...you have a very busy life style! Lola is such an adorable name!!! What's your other girls name?
I'm just recently married and no kids and find it hard to stick to a weigh loss programme so your a star in my eyes...best of luck!

Hello!
Congrats on being recently married - how long ago was your wedding? My other daughter is called Jessie, coming up two and a half and such a monkey! Been out this morning for a big walk with them both, pushing the double buggy against the wind was pretty tough, and so so cold! Xx

Well done on your loss so far! I have had far too many bad days this past week, the other day I had a burger king triple whopper meal for lunch before I went to do the food shop. Then later that night we ordered fish and chips because we didn't want to eat anything we had bought! That's when I realised we can't diet when there's money to spend on junk! Yesterday was also bad! I ate 4 galaxy ripples, 3 bags of crisps and 2 chicken sandwiches! Had to weigh this morning just to see where I'm at and I'm surprised I lost 1lb! But today is soup day so I'm going to make some cabbage soup and detox myself of all the salt and sugar!! Feeling better now there's no junk in the house, and no spare money to spend on junk either!

Hi, thanks for subscribing! Well done on your losses too, you are doing well too - dont let one bad week get you down! We all need a little time off plan to keep us going, otherwise life would be very very boring! I find weekends the hardest, for some reason I feel entitled to chocolate, take away and wine - although so far I've resisted any alcohol since having Lola!

Just thought I'd post a quick update on today, because I've had a really great day and felt very motivated etc and just wanted to share that! I think because I've been busy, but not stressed busy I've found it easy to 'keep going' and get loads done. On those more slouchy days I find that I end up feeling really sluggish and lethargic and can't be bothered to do anything. Today in contrast I've gone on 2 long double buggy pushing walks and done my treadmill workout. Really feel like I've earned an evening on the sofa! :)

Ha! It just goes to show- I ate out three times the weekend before last and weighed in on Amon to see damage and had lost 4lbs since the thurs! LOL? Amazing how our bodies work but it does feel like a second chance, eh ;)? Congrats to you! Soup is my go to after a naughty day too :D feels good to make up for the nosh even if the scales are positive!

Just thought I'd post a quick update on today, because I've had a really great day and felt very motivated etc and just wanted to share that! I think because I've been busy, but not stressed busy I've found it easy to 'keep going' and get loads done. On those more slouchy days I find that I end up feeling really sluggish and lethargic and can't be bothered to do anything. Today in contrast I've gone on 2 long double buggy pushing walks and done my treadmill workout. Really feel like I've earned an evening on the sofa! :)

You go, girl! Super mum or what? Great to hear you are motivated- fab work x

Hi, thanks for subscribing! Well done on your losses too, you are doing well too - dont let one bad week get you down! We all need a little time off plan to keep us going, otherwise life would be very very boring! I find weekends the hardest, for some reason I feel entitled to chocolate, take away and wine - although so far I've resisted any alcohol since having Lola!

Weekends are tough for me too!! Funny how we all feel like we have to eat and drink rubbish just because its the weekend! I'm back on the wagon today! Plan on doing 2 half hour workouts, not sure what they are yet though lol. And I've made some soup so will be munching through that today!

Another freezing cold day here, can't wait for the weather to improve a bit so walking is at least a little bit enjoyable and not an endurance task.

Slightly more of a boring day today, apart from going out first thing to dd1's dancing group we have been stuck in so far as we have an electrician here to sort out getting electricity to the garage (no more extension leads when I need to do the tumble drying or want to use the treadmill) and I hate being stuck in! Hoping he is done in the next couple of hours so we can go and visit my parents.

quite bored at the moment so thinking about food too much! So let's post today's food and hope that distracts me!
breakfast was blueberries (started buying frozen, so much cheaper - was spending almost a tenner a week just on berries!) with a pear, ff yogurt and syrup (2 syns)
lunch - will be either and omelette with salad or a batchelors deli noodle box with Ryvita and a shape yogurt or muller light
dinner - SW recipe Singapore noodles (already marinating the prawns!) and another yogurt. Trying to decide whether to use regular rice noodles as they are free anyway, or be super good and use the shiritaki noodles I have - used them last week in this recipe as it has a spicy strong sauce and they are ok, but you can tell the difference!

snacks will be my usual hot chocolate in bed, either with a kit kat or choc digestive (7.5 syns).

just realised from writing that ill be having an omlette for lunch - dont want to 'double noodle' lol - so add on .5 syns for salad dressing at lunch time, so 10 for the day.

no walking today, but if I get to my parents house I may use their treadmill. I have my pre session consultation with my personal trainer next Tuesday and I really want to weigh in below 13 stone for some reason! I knew I'd need a good kick up the behind after having Lola, so when I was about 7 months pregnant I signed up for a 6 week intense 1-1 boot camp with a trainer - 5 hours a week! Expensive at nearly £1000, but over the summer I inherited a bit of money when my granddad passed away, and decided to spend a bit on myself, because body shape, weight and fitness is really important to me and my mental well being. I've had some fairly serious mental health issues in the past, and being over my comfortable weight/size has a major impact on this.

Thursday again! Ie just realised its now 1 week since my binge, and I haven't been tempted since, which I'm really,happy about. Less happy about how slowly I feel the weight is coming off - after my first daughter I shifted it really quickly and this feels slower.

anyway, aside from that had a good day. Been pretty tired and relatively busy - on a Thursday I go back to where we used to live (about half hour away) and meet a really good friend at a play group (she also has 2 young kids) then we go back to hers for a while. So got home at about half three, and although I was tired as my husband was home I went on the treadmill straight away and was really pleased I did.

foodwise today I had mixed berries and an apple with ff yogurt and syrup (2) fr breakfast, a tomato mugshot, Ryvita and and apple for lunch, then chilli con carne with rice and a salad (0.5!for dinner) plus a muller for dinner. So only on 2.5 syns so far for today, so think I will be partaking of a choc digestive (4) with my hot choc (2) tonight!

on a non SW topic, also quite pleased because tonight is the first time we've been able to put Lola down to sleep in her Moses basket (she outright refused to sleep in it to begin with!) early evening, so feel like we are making some progress on that front too!

Congrats on being so good all week! I personally can't 'feel' when I'm losing weight at all, 1.5 stone lighter and don't feel different at all!
Good luck with your weigh in though :) maybe the scales will tell you otherwise! x

So I'm writing this post whilst simultaneously feeding Lola, just after clearing up a load of Jessie puke - the glamour of parenthood! So plan wise today has been fine, but its been a bit stressful in other ways! Top of the irritation is that the ipad mini I ordered was redelivered today for the 2nd time, but I missed it again despite being home all day, as thecourier didn't actually bother to ring my doorbell, just left the card. Now the online system hasn't updated so I can't even arrange collection, even if I could the depot is 1 hour away, and the phone number is constantly busy. Huge grrrr, very annoyed.

On an unrelated note, today I got some walden farms products today - for those who haven't heard of them, they are American calorie and carb free products. Got maple syrup and caramel sauce - both taste pretty good, then deliver a pretty throng sweetener after taste! My husband pronounced the sauce 'lovely, then...hang on, disgusting!'. I reckon it would be ok over my morning yog and fruit though (just!)

breakfast - my usual fruit, yogurt and syrup (2)
lunch - Ryvita, 2 eggs and a muller light
dinner - spaghetti Bolognese with salad (4, mince was lean, not extra lean, plus salad dressing) and another muller
snacks - hot choc and alpen light (5)

so 11 for today.
weigh in tomorrow morning, finger crossed!

That is AMAZING!! Big congrats :D what a result!
Keep up the great work :) at this rate you're going to be a skinny mum of the year! X

Also- I knkw what you mean with the sweetner after taste, your husband's response was hilarious!
If they dont work out, honey is just 1 syn for a teaspoon. This morning I had my ff yog with just sweetner and fruit and it was OK actually! X

Back