Losing the weight and keeping it off

Do you worry about extra skin after weight loss?

• No

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - but it is what it is.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jessietannia

Hi,

I have lost 4.5 stone, still over 2 stone to go...

I have come to a pause, i am actually scared to loose any more weight, i'm scared my skin will sag and just be worst than it already is..

am I worrying to much and need to just get on with it?

Its worrying to think at 25 my skin wont just bounce back as well as it should, has anyone else had this problem?

Why isnt there a cream we can use!!!! Magic cream that tightens skin x

At 25, your skin should return more or less to 'normal' even if not immediately, over time it should shrink back. Don't let it put you off being a healthy weight, it shouldn't be too bad, but even so, a bit of loose skin can easily be hidden, being overweight is much harder to hide! :)

I first lost weight (6.5st) in my early 20's and was left with a tiny bit of arm and tummy wobble, looking back on it now, it was nothing at all.

But I've yo-yo-ed so many times since then and been as much as 12st overweight (moral of the story- once it's off, keep it off!) so I know I'll have lots of loose skin, it's not going to be pretty, but I'm fine with that. There's no magic potion & I won't have surgery unless it's life-saving/changing but I'd rather be thin and saggy than stay unhealthily fat... and I can wear good body shaping underwear to suck it in :) so I've gone with 'Yes, but it is what it is' in your poll. x

Back