Losing weight at 'That Time of the Month'

purpleposting4

I'm finding this week I am feeling so rubbish and bloated. I keep jumping on the scales like a fool and I think I might have even put a pound on!
I'm trying to drink more water, but is there any other ideas to try and make weight loss happen when it's that time of the month?

Whilst I probably can not help much, my girlfriend finds her appetite goes through the roof! She drinks more fluids and snacks a bit more than usual. She is the same, jumping on scales afraid weight is being put on.

As far as I am aware, it is natural to put weight on during this time so don't worry, some slimming clubs etc take into account if you tell them.

From speaking to my partner, she does try to resist the urge to go nuts with food. Try fruits and salads which may be a bit lighter. Don't worry too much, remember fluids from drinks can retain but will go over time :)

Urgh this is my problem this week but I try to just fill up on so much ss food that I'm fit to pop and drink loads of water and eat gallons of superspeed soup and I always come out with a loss on the other side.. I call it my vegetarian week on SW because I tend to go nuts on fruit and veg to try avoid the chocs but I do have a hot chocolate every night which does help me out so I can feel sorry for myself :)

Pretty common problem unfortunately. Stick to plan, drink plenty of fluids, ignore what you weigh that week at weigh in, and see your proper results a week later.

I weigh fortnightly now I am at target, and I have specifically chosen to weigh on the weeks I know it wont be a problem. However, while you have to still weigh weekly, just ignore that weeks weigh in, and dont take it seriously if you gain. Its just temporary.

Back