Losses

Felix

Gold Member
Hi everyone!

I'm really interested in JUDDD and have read up a lot about it recently. I'm currently on Cambridge but keep stopping and starting and I'm really not getting anywhere. I think it's time I stop with the VLCD's! The one thing that draws me to them is the losses though.

I'd like to give JUDDD a try but I am not too sure. I am currently around 13stone 4lb and want to get as close to 10 stone as possible but I think I'd be happy between 10-11 stone.

Can anyone tell me how much to expect to lose a week? I know it's not easy to estimate as everyone is different, but if anyone could tell me how long you have been following the plan and how much you've lost so far I'd be grateful! I'm going to a festival in 7 weeks and want to lose as much as possible :)

That a tricky one to be honest, everyones losses seem to be different, you are not going to get VLCD losses but then you will be eating normally every other day. What I can tell you though is that you will notice 'inch' loss at a faster rate than the weight loss . I will use myself as an example this time last year I weighed 11 7 , I now weigh 12 5, howvwer I have been on juddd for over 2 mths now and in all honesty I am comfortably in the clothes I was in last year, I look a lot smaller than my weight in fact I have gone from squeezing into a size 16 to my 14's now getting too big , I have lost a lot of weight off my fatty parts, bottom, tops of legs etc. Juddd encourages you to lose fat not muscle or water so you get real results, it really is amazing the NSV you see. Take a look at the Low Carb Forum Juddd section there are lots of threads about this its a real benefit of juddding. So yes you will lose weight but you will lose size quicker, hope this helps. I have lost 13lbs in 9 weeks on juddd with 1 week at a STS no gains.

bajoleth said:
That a tricky one to be honest, everyones losses seem to be different, you are not going to get VLCD losses but then you will be eating normally every other day. What I can tell you though is that you will notice 'inch' loss at a faster rate than the weight loss . I will use myself as an example this time last year I weighed 11 7 , I now weigh 12 5, howvwer I have been on juddd for over 2 mths now and in all honesty I am comfortably in the clothes I was in last year, I look a lot smaller than my weight in fact I have gone from squeezing into a size 16 to my 14's now getting too big , I have lost a lot of weight off my fatty parts, bottom, tops of legs etc. Juddd encourages you to lose fat not muscle or water so you get real results, it really is amazing the NSV you see. Take a look at the Low Carb Forum Juddd section there are lots of threads about this its a real benefit of juddding. So yes you will lose weight but you will lose size quicker, hope this helps. I have lost 13lbs in 9 weeks on juddd with 1 week at a STS no gains.

Thanks for the reply! It's taken me so long to lose this stone on CD because I've been so on and off, that I probably would have lost it quicker on another diet anyway. I really love the idea that I can have up days at the weekend too so I won't feel like I'm missing out. The only thing I'll struggle with is exercise. I absolutely hate it!!! Not sure how I could incorporate it in to my routine on up days! I'm not keen on joining a gym because I can't really afford it, and I can't run to save my life so would the 30 day shred or something similar be ok to do or is that not enough exercise??

I'm just worried that the 7 weeks will come round and I'll still feel like a whale and have a crap time at the festival I'm going to :(

Well done on your loss btw, that's ace. I'm not too bothered about the actual weight loss, it's more about how I look and how my clothes feel etc :)

Yay, the JUDDD expert!! It's so nice to read these informative posts. Thank you xxxx

I think I'm definitely going to start after reading some diaries on here. Hopefully going to be able to force myself to do some form of exercise!!

I have the MFP app to track calories. I only have a few Cambridge shakes left (only a couple of days worth) and I'm too skint to buy any more meal replacements so what sort of things can I eat to get the most out of my down days? I'm thinking porridge would be a good idea.

Going to start tomorrow on an up day, Saturday down day then Sunday up day hopefully. Would have Friday as a down day but we are having food at work and I don't want to wait until Monday to start!

Glad to hear you are jumping on board, and bless you sia , I am in no means an expert I havent even read the book ! All I know is that since I have been on Juddd starnge things, positive things have been happening to my body, I know the theory but not actually sure why its having this effect? So looked at other forums and this phenomenon of losing fat and inches sometimes faster than actual weight loss is pretty common.
I wouldn't worry too much about the exercise, obviously for our health we are supposed to but I don't have an exercise regime as I have joint problems I walk the kids to school and do the usual chores around the house but thats it.
As for what to eat, take a look at Ruth (trefoils) diary she lists her DD foos and alswys seems to have a lot for her cals, you can basically eat what you want as long as its within your allowance x

Thanks so much for the replies! I walk home from work (only about a mile) mon-fri but that's as active as I get! My OH is really in to walking to think ill see if he wants to start walking at the weekend. Also going to start the 30 Day Shred tomorrow.

JUDDD sounds perfect for me. I can't wait to start baking on the weekends again! Totally missed it while I've been on Cambridge :)

Back