Lost hope

Lostintime

Hi all,
Please help... Have tried many, many diets. Slim fast, weight watchers, slimming world, low fat... even hypnosis at £200! I know I can loose weight - lost a stone on SW in 4 weeks but for some reason cant maintain / stay motivated even when loosing weight! Thats why I thought hypo would work but it hasnt - i know Im not even hungry when I eat.

I'm 25 and have about 6 stone to loose.

Any thoughs please? Gratefully appreciated.

Hi there

Dont know if I can help but I can be a listening ear if you need it. I do slimming world started off at 171/2 stone got down to 11st now back over 12 but still plodding on. I restarted SW monday and ashamed to say did great up until tonight when i opened ''the bottle '' of wine which has led to a huge bar of galaxy Im so fed up Ive come online to keep myself out of the food cupboards. Just remember you are not alone we all are here for the same reason help & support.
you have made the first step by coming online so now here you go ...
if I can help in any way give me a shout Im no expert but I do know what its like as they say been there got the T shirt

HTH

Robyn

Hi and welcome. You need to have your head in the right place and want to lose weight for you. Take one day at a time and make mini targets rather than looking at the whole picture

Good luck

Irene xx

Hi all,
Please help... Have tried many, many diets. Slim fast, weight watchers, slimming world, low fat... even hypnosis at £200! I know I can loose weight - lost a stone on SW in 4 weeks but for some reason cant maintain / stay motivated even when loosing weight! Thats why I thought hypo would work but it hasnt - i know Im not even hungry when I eat.

I'm 25 and have about 6 stone to loose.

Any thoughs please? Gratefully appreciated.

Hi. I have been there and done that - tried so many times to lose weight. WW, SW, adn all sorts of fad diets, starting frm when I was about your age too. I am 49, so nearly as long as you have been alive, I have struggled with my weight.

I could never lose beyond 2 stone.

I found out there was a lot of emoitonal stuff - pretty heavy stuff, that was blocking me. Once I faced those things, and finally dealt with them, I seemed to find a new path.

Then I learned about LIghter Life. When I hear I could lose a stone a month, I couldn;t believe it - I thought that seemes manageable. Having to lose over 100 pounds conventionally was just too much for me to bear....I knew I would never have thte stick-to-itiveness required...as it would take a couple of years.

So, I did do LighterLife. And the counselling helped me deal with my emotional attachment with food, and why I ate like I did. I learned SO much it was amazing.

Following right the way through the management section, sealed the deal and tought me how to approach maintaining the loss.

I lost over 130 pounds, and I have been maintaining that loss, for the first time in my life, for over 7 months now. A record.

There are lots of VLCD's that work. LL jut has counseling which was important for me.

By removing food completely from the picture, I could face the things that kep me fat.

Best thing i have ever done for myself.

Good luck to you.

x

Lostintime - welcome to Minimins! You mention that you're not hungry when you eat, so there are obviously some emotional factors that are causing you to eat. You will need to find out what these are and address them. Get to the route of the problem, otherwise it will always be there. All diets will work in the short term. You will lose weight, but diets can only help you tackle the physical aspect of weight loss. You need to take care of the inside as well as the outside. If you have the funds, maybe doing something like LL will help? Or you could do another diet and enter into some sort of counselling for the emotional eating?

BL - You always look so elegant in your pictures! And always full of advice! I love reading your posts! I have lost 20 lbs (nothing compared to your achievement) and still have 20 lbs more to lose. I was thinking about putting a "before" and "half way there" photo up, but not brave enough yet! Maybe one day....one day I will be brave enough....

Hi Lisa :)

Thank you so much for your lovely compliments. :)

You are doing great yourself. And it's not the amount we each lose that counts - its the fact we are all doing it. Your acheivement is every bit as important and impressive as mine.

Well done you!! :)

xx

Thanks to everyone who replied - what a friendly place this is! Think I will check out Lighter Life... Thanks again.
:)

hi everyone!
I kept losing it then gaining it too, but now I am really trying and hopefully going to stick it out. I am looking at mini targets like IreneH said, and everytime I have a good week I buy myself a little reward (not food) like a new bit of make up or some sandles from primark :) I dont know if this will help but Ive also got a picture up of a much skinner, younger me in the kitchen... to try and motivate me to stay on track when feeling week. good luck xxx and good luck to everyone else xxx

Hi and welcome, this is the best place to be for advice, comfort and help. :)

Back