Lost on 1st week of 790

Mamma_caz

Have a serene day!!
Well after last weeks, half pound gain, and complete and utter misery because of that, I moved myself from the 1200Step to 790Step and as a result lost 8lbs. I also had to get rid of something nasty with the help of Dulcolax and now have psyllium husk in my shake for brekkie.

The person that weighed me at the GP's said that it couldn't be right, but brilliant. I have finally cracked 15st. now into the 14's.

I have to admit that I liked the 1200 step, however the 790 appealed to me more purely psychologically because I feel so clever not having more than my shakes for Breakfast and Lunch I allow myself a treat in the shape of the evening meal just loving it.

Couldn't do SS I like the 790 coz I am eating with my family in the evening, it is also making them think more about what they eat.

I have always cooked healthy food, it has always been the portion size that has been our downfall, and as a result my kids err on the larger size not obese but cuddly. My daughter although only still 12 is 5' 9" and wears 14/16 my son who is 15 is the same height but I feel like King Canute when he eats chips in the village at lunchtime. However they have tried my shakes and they are slowly coming round to eating less.

P**sed my hubby off last night when I told him I was no longer going to be buying crisps. I have already stopped buying biscuits, cakes and chocolates so he has fruit instead, but he is firmly in denial, even though he knows he is well overweight at 18st 5lb. He is just like my grandfather when despite the fact that he had had 6 heart attacks he used to fly off the handle when my Nan cut his rations and hid his fags, he never learnt and died at 65.

My husbands family rarely live past 65 apart from his Dad who is 76 but he has Type 1 Diabetes, Heart problems and Arthritis. His attitude is 'It won't happen to me'.

Well ladies and gentlemen he is in for a shock, got some cracking recipes off the British Heart Foundation website and he will lose weight whether he likes it or not. He had been on de-caff coffee for 4 weeks before he said that he was sleeping better and it was obviously something he was doing differently. Wrong matey it was your sneaky wife she used a normal caffienated jar and added de-caff to it. He He!

Oh I love subtefuge!!!

Thanks for indulging me!!!

Hugs guys.

xxxx:eek:

Carolyn - like your style!!! and obviously care for your husband and family. Sometimes they need to be dragged where we want them, kicking and screaming!!

Well done on your weight loss - 790plan is a great plan as gives you nearly all the benefits of SS but adds a meal as well.

Good luck!

You're a dark horse madam, I really thought you weren't going to do 790 just yet, but I am absolutely delighted for you and can't wait to see you tomorrow. We'll have an RBR reunion in a few months and can you imagine all the girls faces when they see you WOW that'll be fantastic.

You're setting a wonderful example for the rest of the family and the fact the food's not in the house will make a difference to them, Arthur will lose some weight without even noticing - just like the coffee LOL. Kev always loses weight when I'm dieting because I don't have the cr*p in the house so he can't eat it - apart from Georgia's, where I do hold my hands up in dispair!!

Have a fabby day, no doubt you're still on Cloud 9 - well done Caz I'm really & truly thrilled for you & soooo proud.

Attachments

• star.jpg
    star.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 23
2485.gif

Thanks Madam Dotty.

I was so peeed off last week, and I find the 1200 great but I get the munchies so I am munching on rice cakes ugh! so I thought sod it go for broke, I know I hadn't told you but you can slap my wrist tomorrow!!

Can't wait to go in and see RP to ask to borrow the cottage just so he can 'Step back in amazement'.

Hugs see you!!!

Fantastic results!!! Well done on your clothes shopping, nice to be down in size:)

I think your approach to changing the family diet for healthier snacks and smaller portion size is one we all have to be aware of.

Just wondering would a trip to the doctor for your husband to see how his BP and Cholesterol is might help him take responsibility for his own health.:confused:

I think making your home a junk free zone is a good idea, as it is shown most of it us consume vast quantities mindlessly in front of the television.

Old habits do take a while to become the new ones, so you have to be patient and at the end of the day they say people follow by example and I think you are already a very good example so I am sure by and by your house hold will adapt to the new life style changes your making.

Love Mini xxx

Hiya Mini - Thanks for that really appreciate it.

Took Hubby couple of months ago for BT results and his Sugar is fine his Cholesterol was a ratio of 7:2 which at the time was better than mine (7:3) but I know mine will probably be a lot better than that now. Coz I'm a good girl now!!

This is why there is a little bit of a battle going on in the house, so if I can't trust him to be sensible then I will have to be the one to do it for him.

We are farmers and I have the car, he doesn't get to go to shops or anything and he only has a couple of pints once a week so we are batting on the good side already but he is only 52 the only thing I really wish I could stop him from doing is Smoking. I quit almost 2 years ago (cold turkey) so that still rankles. But we will cure him of at least something.

Thanks again.
xx

Hey well done!! I'm on 790 too. I can't believe how easy it is!! I think I would prefer it to the 1200 one too as you don't feel hungry.

I thought my husband would be like yours too as he likes his food but he decided to do this along side me and he's doing brilliantly. He's lost a sone and a half in the 2 weeks we've been on it. Maybe once your husband starts to see results on you he might want to try it too!

I'm needing to think a bit more about what my daughter is eating too. She's 10 and not overweight at all but with the rubbish she eats it could end up that way and it would break my heart. I don't want her to end up like me. I was chubby at her age and teased at school. I just want her to grow up to be a normal size adult.

Hi Mamma-caz,

I find if the junk is not in the house I am okay, I think I am like your husband in that is someone says I can't have it, I want it even more:rolleyes:

Congrats' on giving up the ciggies, it is very hard but so worth it and this is where my weight problems comes from as I swapped the ciggies for chocolate and chips to help me get over smoking:(

9 years ago the medical profession was harping on about smoking and there was no mention of obesity!

My sister stopped smoking and before she quit she put in place a strict regime of walking and swimming and actually lost weight, but then she does not have a sweet tooth.

I think because of my weight all the benefits of becoming a non smoker where lost on my weight but now I do feel the difference and it is wonderful.

Change does take time, but we don't always get the luxury of time.

Love Mini xxx

Hi tiara-Maker,

My husband has lost a stone and half and his BMI is now 22.7!

He is maintaining his weight and has got very health conscious and aware of what he eats.

Dizzy started a thread about couple who diet together, it is in the family forum.

Love Mini xxx

Ooh I'll have a look! Your husband is doing well. It's the maintainance bit that worries me. I think that might be more difficult than the losing weight...Never thought I'd hear myself say that!! lol

Ooh I'll have a look! Your husband is doing well. It's the maintainance bit that worries me. I think that might be more difficult than the losing weight...Never thought I'd hear myself say that!! lol

I have not got to maintainance, trying to shift this second lot of weight is proving a big challenge for now, but I do feel the real work will begin then!

My husband is so determined that we will not go back to 'my old ways' as I liked to share the guilt when I bought in loads of sweets, cakes and so on...:rolleyes: :eek: Portion size was ridiculous and this is something I know I will have to watch.

Learning to eat to live instead of living to eat.:)

We can do it.

Love Mini xxx

Back