Lot's of gains at WI today...

Lots of people STS and gained in our class, but they fessed up to more than enough alcohol at their BBQs! I've eaten loads of salad this week, but overindulged on the chilled rose but got away with it!

Lol...I was going to say is it the alcohol that people have probably drunk when having BBQ's? I just cannot see how salad can make you gain weight!!!
I agree though that you do need to drink more water in the hot weather to get rid of any retention

I think the problem with salads is if it's just lettuce leaves, cucumber, tomatoes and celery etc. If it's combined with pasta, cous cous, chicken, bacon, cheese, a little extra light mayonnaise or some coleslaw or potato salad then I don't think there's problem. But some of the women at group thought they'd be really good, had nothing fattening at all, ate salads all week with no dressings or accompaniments and sts or even gained. The thing is the body needs a little fat and variation or it goes into starvation mode and my consultant wondered if this is what had happened to some of the women in group. It makes perfect sense to me. I mean I ate loads and loads of crap and alcohol for 5 days, came back and got back on plan for the next 4 days and I lost 0.5lb. These women were very good all week and sts or have a .5lb gain.

Well, in all fairness, if people are eating only salad, then they are just not eating enough really are they and that will be the reason for their gain? I mean, seriously, who eats only salad??? lol I have eaten salad all this week but I have had chicken, boiled eggs, homemade coleslaw and boiled new potatoes with it. (thats in one meal)
How boring just having a salad when SW offers sooo much more!

Well, in all fairness, if people are eating only salad, then they are just not eating enough really are they and that will be the reason for their gain? I mean, seriously, who eats only salad??? lol I have eaten salad all this week but I have had chicken, boiled eggs, homemade coleslaw and boiled new potatoes with it. (thats in one meal)
How boring just having a salad when SW offers sooo much more!

Exactly, that's my point and also what my consultant was trying to get across. These women (about 4 of them) were all disappointed about their WI cos they all expected good losses because they'd been so good. I think some people find it hard to get their head around the fact that the body will hold onto fat if it isn't getting any....does that make sense, it does to me.

I tell ya, I thought I was gonna get kicked out after revealing everything I'd had and still had a loss...they shot daggers at me :cool:

Ok, i weighed in this morning and lost a pound. I'm sure it's because i've not eaten enough this week as the kids kept wanting me and i had to grab quick lunch and couldn't prepare a nice big saled with egg or ham etc, or even make baked potatoes. back to eating plenty this week!

I'm the one who writes up losses and gains on the consultants charts so I can see the general trends and this week....

A lot of unexpected gains!

Perhaps water retention and not eating enough really is more of a problem than we thought...

x

I have a theory...it's the heat no one can be bothered to cook! Or too muchy alchyhol at the barby as people have said. Or the heat has exapanded the metal in the scales... these are just theories :p

Back