Lottery win - what would you do?

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
As a total flight of fantasy here, what would you spend £1M on?

Me -

- pay off mortgage and buy the dream pad down the coast
- give some to family and friends
- work with a charity - probably Plan UK - to set up scholarship funds
- ditto my work - set up a self funding music scholarship

I'd keep working though - and make the buggas pay me! :D

Gosh ladyfelsham, that's very unselfish.
I'd spend £400 000 building our dream house.
Give my sister £200 000.
Use the remaining £400 000 to set up a business so that we could live comfortably, send our lite girl to a private school without remortgaging the house (like we're gonna have to do) and leave something for my little girl.
I'd of course make sure my charities are supported but it will probably be from the profits of the company rather than the initial win.
A pity a million pounds doesn't go as far as it used to.

Hmm - can i be greedy and have more?
If i was ultra rich - i'd give tons to charity, friends and family and still have enough to swan around and sail in lots of lovely places

Wth 1mln - would probably figure how to live on the interest, not need to generate an income, then i can keep doing charity work and do coaching and biz consultancy for free. Then could still leave stuff for my daughter. Perfect:D

I'd give my parents £200,000 and an amazing holiday
Spend £300,000 on a house
£100,000 set aside to cover medical expenses
£400,000 - ish in savings, out of which I'd 'pay' myself up to £20,000 a year. So I'd have at least 20 years of not having to worry. Any charity etc would come out of that/the interest.

I already have standing orders set up with charities and I'm as broke as a church mouse so I'm sure they'd happen.

Not very exciting really.

With lots more money I'd like to buy an old building and set it up as a small producing rep theatre with a particular interest in youth theatre involving both able bodied and disabled kids.

I'd be boring and pay off my mortgage. Then I'd knock my house down and rebuild twice the size lol. Love where I live just need more space. I'd buy a few earthquake proof homes for Chritian Aids efforts for families in Haiti. Those homes cost £5k.

Oh aren't you all good with the charities! I'd move house that's for sure but £1m isn't enough for the pad on Sandbanks lol. So I would be clever with it, buy somewhere I could live mortgage free with enough left over to not have to work. I'd go to New York just before Christmas (something Trev has always wanted to do) book about 10 days in Vegas and pop over to Barbados for a couple of weeks, all first class flights of course! My charity donation would be the neo-natal ward at my local hospital and I might bung my kids a few quid. My plans are a lot grander for WHEN I win loads of spondoolicks on the Euros lol. :D

£1m not a lot these days especially in outer london. I would buy a house new house mortgage free - probably cost about £500k once I had done it up how I would want it, buy somewhere for my parents abroad so they could retire, give a little bit to my brother (but he would probably spunk it! - so would probably just pay off his mortgage) and still send hubby to work lol

I would have facelift and gastric band yes alittle selfish, but as long as I have roof over my head and can pay bills on time and two hols a year, the rest can be given to family. I would not want to be rich.

Oooooh wouldn't it be nice!!

I would:
Pay off all my debts - £100,000 (student loan, overdraft, mortgage)
Travel the world for a year with OH (I reckon £100,000 would cover that!)
fund my Phd and publish my book (ill allocate that £60,000 - it will involve lots of art making materials etc )
Get married (£40,000 - have a 3 day wedding in Hong Kong and take family with me over there - so OH's family can all come - he has more and they are all in Hong Kong)
Buy some land in Wales and build a house / art studio / residential art space and spend the rest of my days teaching/creating things with people and get hubby to manage it and make some profits while also helping and teaching people too!!

Back