What "Body Magic" do you do?

Princess_Stevie said:
That's another of the reasons I don't like to do certain exercises - particularly publicly. I think I'd give myself (and anyone within a 10 mile radius) black eyes.

I think I may need to invest in a decent sports bra..

Go onto lessbounce.com and put in your size and it will give you a selection suitable for your size and activity level. I use the ennell sports bra for running and also for riding, and I have to say it's brilliant-I even wear my old ones during the day when I'm lazing in jamas or whatever-they're that comfy x

I joined my local (4 minutes walk from my house - lucky me!!) gym this time last year and have worked hard on improving my fitness levels. I try to do a mix of toning and calorie burning classes. I find that if I go in that actual gym I just waft from one thing to another and don't work very hard.
For calorie burning I love Body Combat (punches and kicks to music), Zumba and good old fashioned aerobics. For toning I go to Legs , Bums and Tums or Body Pump.

I also do tap dancing once a week which is more gentle exercise.

I can honestly say that I can see a real difference in my body shape since last year, and the exercise really lifts my mood and gives me energy.

I do SW from home as I couldn't afford to do the gym, tap dancing and the SW membership every week.

Thanks for some brilliant ideas everyone.

Tonight I'm donning my scarf, hat, gloves and wellington boots, and going with my friend to walk her 3 Staffies :)

I used to help walk them quite often, so we're going to take them on a lovely long walk tonight - despite the weather being so cold! I figured I'll be trying to walk faster to keep warm, which in turn equals more strenuous body magic!

When we go out we're usually out for an hour or two. Will let you know how I get on xx

Thanks, Slimbysummer. I really enjoy my swimming - always have - and can't wait to start again tomorrow. I've really missed not being able to go for the past two weeks. I wish I could go swimming more than once a week, but our pool is only open to the public on certain days - daft I know! A lot of the time it's closed for swimming classes, and people practicing for galas, etc.

I'm also trying to walk where possible, and stop using the car as much. I also try and have at least one hour a week on the Wii - I play on Just Dance which is really energetic. I've never really tried a lot of exercises before, so I'm just looking for some inspiration, and then I can decide which I enjoy best.

I like the sound of Zumba, but I'm too nervous to go to a group/class. I don't like the idea of prancing around in front of a group of people I don't know - I'd just feel so embarrassed.

Hopefully I'll pick up a few more ideas/inspirations.

you can get Zumba for the Wii hun & its really good :) x

*edited to add... I didnt read the whole thread so didnt realise it had already been mentioned but ive got it & would recommend it anyway*

I do zumba once a week - its obviously a very popular choice looking at the replies! Its so much fun :D

I also have an exercise bike at home which I go on once a week usually, and I do a lot of walking to the bus stops on my way to work and back.
So a fair bit I guess!

I go to the gym 3 times a week for about 45 mins I walk a bit and use my wii fit . Been a bit slack this week . Only been to the gym twice :(

Hey, I just joined the local fitness club after intending to and never doing any of the kinect fitness type games I own! I have really enjoyed aqua zumba (two left feet and nobody can see them underwater!). So far just being doing my own wee rotation of fast uphill walk on treadmill for 20 mins, bike 20 mins, cross trainer (bloody useless on the thing) 10 mins and uphill walk for another 10 mins. I am proper unfit so face is beetroot after it!
Oh also suffer from being boobalicious. Got a level 4 shock absorber bra from debenhams, was pricey at £37 but it keeps the bad boys in place!

After writing my post I just noticed this one and this is the same bra i have! really not the bonniest looking thing but it does the trick. I also seem to have bought it from most expensive place going!

It's amazing isn't it :D But the price you paid :eek: I'd say it's still worth it for not even a hint of jiggle!

I enjoy putting my headphones in and walking the 45 mins to work, ALthough now its got colder im a bit more reluctant to even get out of my bed haha!

I enjoy putting my headphones in and walking the 45 mins to work, ALthough now its got colder im a bit more reluctant to even get out of my bed haha!

I also enjoy a long walk listening to my ipod but it never stops lashing it down at the moment so I havnt ventured out much! This week I have dusted off my wii fit and used that twice for 30 mins each also went swimming on Tuesday too! I am definitely going to do this more as I really enjoyed it.

Back