Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

loulalou

So, Hi! :)

So far am on day 3 of my new plan. I'm planning on doing 5:2. If I see results I will stick with this, if I don't I will up it to 3 dd.

Basically I found an article in the papers on Sunday in the Time about IF, and then found the Horizon doc and all the other stuff to do with the diet and it was a revelation :D I've been doing ww/sw with not much success at all, I just can't do daily restriction at all I've discovered. I once did Atkins and Dukan too..... HELL! I used to be able to stick to a diet for weeks, months. Now my resolve crumbles within days, if not on the first day! This, however, doesn't feel too bad as I know I'm never more than 24 hours away from eating what I want.

On my dd I had 500 calls which consisted of 1 cereal bar, milk for tea and some chicken noodle soup (which was really nice). I found it hard but I stuck with and yesterday was my first up day. Today is another up and I plan to start 3rd dd tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I ate a lot, and felt hungry all day so the eating was a little out of control. Today I'm fine. Had a mini breakfast baguette from Pret for 350 cals for breakfast, half a slice of cake and some cheese and crackers for lunch and not feeling urge to binge at all.

Not sure what I'm having for dinner yet but now off to gym so bye for now :)

p.s Really hoping this might finally be the answer as I've been dieting for about 18 years (I'm 34).

Thank you thats exactly what I'm hoping will happen to me. I always go 'off' a diet as I can't have this and I can't have that. On this I CAN have what I want, even if I have to wait a few hours!

I have been reading Hannata's diary and I am intrigued by the 5pm to 5pm way, I may give that a go next week and see if it feels better.

Today is my second down day of the week (am following 5:2) and my day looks like this. Am trying to be more organised as on my first dd I spent 150 cals on chocolate and believe me it wasn't worth it!

b - tea with milk from allowance (100 mls of semi skimmed milk watered down, 50 cals)

l - NuMe cups a soup (chicken noodle) 50 cals

d - Heinz garlic and mushroom soup whole can (222 cals) with a warburton thin to dip in (100cals)

Leaves me 88 cals to play with - stop the bus! :)

Think I'll use them on sf jelly and another chicken noodle cup a soup.

Oh and strangely today my size 16 jeans starting to feel baggy! Not on waist but hanging off my bum and thighs.

Unfortunately I have another pair of size 16 jeans upstairs that are skin tight and uncomfortable to wear as yet, why do sizes have to differ so much?

Ew, have discovered I really don't like sf jelly! Thought it wasn't going to stay down at one point. Such a shame as only cal per portion :(

However I have discovered I can have 50g of pickled gherkins for 10 cal and I LOVE them!

Well didn't have a very successful dd yesterday. I stuck to the 500 cals though.

Basically I thought it would be good to save most of my cal for early eve as I hate going to bed starving. I was looking forward all day to my tin of soup (a new heinz one, mushroom with a hint of garlic) and it was VILE! So I forced most of it down but couldn't finish it, it was so bad even the dog didn't want it!

I need Fri to be my WI day as thats what I've always done, so even though I've only been doing this since Mon I did WI 2lbs lighter.

Hope it works next week too!

Well didn't have a very successful dd yesterday. I stuck to the 500 cals though.

Basically I thought it would be good to save most of my cal for early eve as I hate going to bed starving. I was looking forward all day to my tin of soup (a new heinz one, mushroom with a hint of garlic) and it was VILE! So I forced most of it down but couldn't finish it, it was so bad even the dog didn't want it!

I need Fri to be my WI day as thats what I've always done, so even though I've only been doing this since Mon I did WI 2lbs lighter.

Hope it works next week too!

Hi Louise,

You're doing sooo well. Congrats on the 2lb loss. That soup does sound really vile. :eek: Not sure if you've seen it or not, but there is a sticky which lists ideas for DD's and low calorie snacks too. I found it very helpful when I first started, although I must say it looks like you're already in the swing of things.

Hope you have a lovely weekend. :D

Thanks Tess!

Thanks for your encouragement. Will check out that thread. I'm getting through your diary!

I thought I love garlic mushrooms, maybe they'd be nice in a soup........wrong!

Looking forward to my 'up' weekend, until 5pm sunday then I'll be going down :)

Hi Louise, hope you are enjoying your weekend. I was interested to follow your diary as we are the same height and weight....although you are 6 years younger than me which probably gives you an advantage! Like you, I've been trying to lose weight on and off since late teens, with a wide selection of diets and a couple of clubs. This is the most 'different' thing I've tried, and it makes so much sense with all the potential health benefits too. Good luck for next week...are you going to give Hannah's 5:5 way a go?
Kate

Hi There Kate!

I did enjoy my weekend, probably a bit too much of I'm honest! It was a bit strange but I started craving foods I would never normally eat, such as fried chicken etc I would never be able to eat that kind of thing on sw/ww as I would never been able to save up enough points/syns, so I think my brain was telling me that now I can eat them on an up day, I should! Well I realised that even though I could eat those previously 'no go' foods it doesn't mean I actually want them, and on Sunday for dinner I made a spinach feta filo pie. It was so nice and to eat pastry felt so indulgent.

But anyway in answer to your question yes I am following Hannah's system this week. Partly because she has had such good results and I hope I will too, partly because it means I don't have to go a full day without eating. Right now I'm on a dd until 5pm and I'm really hungry! Its almost nice to feel that though, after the weekend splurge, and knowing I can eat dinner later.

Am planning to have the leftover feta pie with roast potatoes and veg, and maybe some kind of pudding if I'm not too full.

Its strange as today I'm keeping my mind off feeling hungry by painting my kitchen. Something I've been wanting to do for 2 years, but usually I'd be planning sw menus, or googling low point ww recipes or something, so maybe another plus point of this 'diet' is that I'll have more time too!

How far are you into it? You'll have to let me know how you get on :)

p.s Don't think being 6 yrs younger is an advantage for me as I prob have the metabolism of a 90 yr old thanks to all my messing around with various diets :(

Last edited:
Hi, the Filo pie sound lovely, great ud food. I was the same re cravings a couple of weeks ago....bought some tinned rice pudding as a treat, which I used to love but haven't eaten in years...the tins are still sitting in the cupboard, just don't fancy them!
hope the kitchen is looking good! What colour did you go for?

Got through my first day on 'Hannah's way" :)

Managed to not eat anything and only had a about 50 cals for milk in my tea. Dinner was the pie with some homemade potato wedges and veg. I have a choccy bar in cupboard with my name on it for later if I fancy it.

Also half painted kitchen! It was a magnolia colour from when we bought the house new 6 years ago, but as you can imagine after 6 years was bit yucky so have painted it brilliant white and I love it! Seems bigger and looks nice and fresh. Will now have to do the rest of the house though as is usually the case once you start painting. Still gives me something to take my mind off eating on dd's!

Louise-You are doing really well it sounds as though you are getting into the routine of UD DD really well.

Maccalenny, I tasted some tinned rice pudding the other day when OH had some, OMG I have a sweet tooth but it really did taste un naturally sweet. If I have some it will have to be the real stuff!

Thanks Jilly - I feel like I can do this forever. All I need to see is a few losses to believe it works then I'm in, for good!

Today I am on up until 5/6pm (I will aim for 5 for sometimes my children aren't hungry then so could be 6). Had a sensible breakfast of 2 weetabix, lunch will be a sandwich and dinner is yet to be confirmed, maybe pasta puttunesca (pasta with tomatoes, olives, chillies, capers and anchovies (although I prefer the name slut's spaghetti :) )

Oh and last night was strange - oh brought home some wine so I had a small glass, then he poured me another and I couldn't drink it! Theres nothing that usually gets between this girl and her wine so not sure whats happening to the 'ol brain but I like it.

Well dinner got delayed so will be starting my 24 fast as soon as I've had my pizza which I can smell cooking yummmm! Probably about 6.30.

IMG_4803.jpg
My pizza it was so delish!

OH MY GOD I am so so so happy today! :D:D

I usually run 3 times a week, I say run, more of a jog really at 8.5 kph. I do 5K on treadmill at the gym and do as much of that jogging as I can, then the rest walking at 6kph.

I've been stuck on 12 - 15 minutes of jogging for ages, just couldn't push through it and some days doing as little as 10. But today I ran for 18 mins! :wow:

That may not sound like much but 8 weeks ago I could only jog for one minute before stopping. I was following C25k for the first 5 weeks but I found I couldn't cope with the jumps in running times. I am also an incredibly lazy/stubborn person and I just didn't like that voice in my ear telling me what to do! So since then been taking it at my own pace but doing it 3 times a week religiously.

SO happy, I'm going to go for 20 on Friday. I really feel like I'll be able to get up to 35 mins of jogging now, for a weeks I was doubting! I don't know what it was that enabled me to go that bit further but I'm hoping it has something to do with juddd!

I really feel great on this. Strictly speaking my first week was 5:2, and this week is 3x24 hour fasts, more of a take on Brad Pilon's eat stop eat that juddding really as I'm not eating at all on the fasts, and I have all weekend off. Thats what I like about this - theres so many ways to do it and there shouldn't be a single week where I can't fit in some kind of fasting (except on holiday, I'm never going to fast on holiday but then I've no holidays booked so nothing to worry about there!)

Also feeling virtuous as bought a big fresh mixed fruit salad (half price ;)) from m&s to break my fast with at 6.30 pm. Last time I broke it with bread and butter and I felt like I could go on and on, so will have the fruit before I have my butternut squash lasagne (its Lorraine Pascales sweet potato and butternut squash lasagne, very nice).

So five hours until I can eat and not feeling too bad, I think its getting easier.

Oh and my waist has gone down an inch :)

Back