Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

~Louise~ said:
4 Lbs!!! Let me just repeat that, 4lbs, yes 4!

Oh and that means I've already hit my 6lb a month target.........horay.

Also - hello 13's! 13 st 10 to be precise, who'd have thunk it!

Well done Louise that is fab!

Thank yooooou everyone.

btw Kate the soup was the tomato one, and it was fine, obvs not fresh tasting as tinned but for 77 calories quite decent.

Last edited:
I make a delicous and so easy tomato soup that comes in about 75 cals per portion and makes about good size portions
Napolina - Tinned Chopped Tomatoes, 2 container (400 gs ea.)1762839
Karyatis - Roasted Red Peppers, 200 g (drained)44802
Aldi - Sweet Harvest Sliced Carrots, 1 container (180 g (drained) ea.)23600
Tesco Value - Pickled Silverskin Onions, 50 g drained (optional)
Knorr - Knorr Vegetable Stock Gel Pots, 1 container
You literally put everything in a pan with about 500 ml water and bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 mins to combine flavours as everything is already cooked with seasoning of choice (i use lazy red chillies and a spash of worcestershire)

Blend with a stick blender and serve. This soup also freezes well.

I have the morphy richards soup maker and this is my easiest and tastiest soup i make in it

Sounds amazing thanks! Am a little puzzled by putting pickled onions in soup though but willing to give it a go!

It is weird isn't it and i have no idea whether it makes any difference LOL I love pickled onions but you can't even taste them in the soup.

The original recipe was from slimming world with baked beans instead of the roasted red peppers which sounds even weirder but is yummy and tastes like heinz cream of tomato soup (but cals a bit high for a DD soup in my opinion)But it is filling would be 140 cals per portion

Wow Lou, what a fab loss, you must be chuffed!
All that exercise & sticking well to your DD obviously works
Well done

I need a visit from the exercise motivation fairy!!! I'm a lazy so & so
Did use a gym & pool years ago, probably 15 years, it meant I didn't see the husband lol, and I really enjoyed it, it changed hands and the price more than doubled
Then I found another about 8 years ago, reasonable price, and also had a pool, I'd do 30mins gym, 30mins swim, then they closed the pool....haven't had the motivation since :-(

Derbynanny said:
It is weird isn't it and i have no idea whether it makes any difference LOL I love pickled onions but you can't even taste them in the soup.

The original recipe was from slimming world with baked beans instead of the roasted red peppers which sounds even weirder but is yummy and tastes like heinz cream of tomato soup (but cals a bit high for a DD soup in my opinion)But it is filling would be 140 cals per portion

Haha, I love cooking, and make loads of soup, and really am not a fussy eater, but do not like tomato soup unless it's Heinz....I made this one, the baked bean version, where you blend it before you cook it, and really quite liked it
Think the onion Is for acidity.

Well done on the 4lb loss this week, thats really amazing, but you've earned it with your great exercise regime!!! You've lost more in a week than I have in a month...note to self...must try harder!!

Thanks Chyssa - one happy lady here today because this week I've lost........................

4 Lbs!!! Let me just repeat that, 4lbs, yes 4!

Ok, I'm calm now. So happy though. :)

Oh and that means I've already hit my 6lb a month target.........horay.

Also - hello 13's! 13 st 10 to be precise, who'd have thunk it!

well done!!! that's brilliant :0clapper:

(sorry for the late reply)

Well done on the 4lb loss this week, thats really amazing, but you've earned it with your great exercise regime!!! You've lost more in a week than I have in a month...note to self...must try harder!!

Thanks Jilly! Haven't been to the gym since last weds as had child off school sick! Dying to get back, feel so lazy now if I don't do it and never thought I'd say that!

Last edited:
Wow Lou, what a fab loss, you must be chuffed!
All that exercise & sticking well to your DD obviously works
Well done

I need a visit from the exercise motivation fairy!!! I'm a lazy so & so
Did use a gym & pool years ago, probably 15 years, it meant I didn't see the husband lol, and I really enjoyed it, it changed hands and the price more than doubled
Then I found another about 8 years ago, reasonable price, and also had a pool, I'd do 30mins gym, 30mins swim, then they closed the pool....haven't had the motivation since :-(

My gym is so cheap! Its only 10.99 a month, no pool though! Its part of a chain I believe they are countrywide 24 Hour Gym | Cheap Gym Membership | Pay As You Go Gym I do sometimes think how nice it would be to go for a swim after the running.

So hi everyone, sitting here after my third ud in a row (today was supposed to be a dd but I had a lunch thing so thought it would be easier to delay until tomorrow), Also I haven't been to gym since last weds as my youngest was off school sick. So feeling pretty lethargic and bloated right now. Looking forward to dd tomorrow think my body is crying out for one!

Had a lovely weekend, Friday was very restrained. I spent the evening making a chocolate fudge cake, I love baking! Usually when I make cakes its agony as I love baking but I hate my lack of control and eating to much of it blah blah. I made the cake, and it sat for a good 24 hours before anyone touched it, then I had one slice and it was really :drool: Picture here so anyone on dd look away!
IMG_4869.jpg

So another thing about this diet I have realised I can indulge in my love of baking without the fear of eating it all an feeling like a fat pig. Oh hang on is this how 'normal' people behave I wonder?!

Saturday was fairly restrained eating wise, I feel like Sunday and today I have eaten a bit too much, Sunday I prob had 2200 cal and today I've had 2000. I feel like each day that passes after a fast day I feel more hungry? Thats strange as you would think it would be the day right after that I'd be hungriest. That seems to be the day I have most control. Its like the dd's give some form of natural appetite control.

I took a photo of myself on Sunday as my family said they could tell I had lost weight, and I compared to a photo of me in August, where I was about 12 lbs heavier and sure I can see a difference. Would love to lose another 6lbs before xmas so will keep plodding on with this. I've decided to take one photo a month for comparison.

Back to the gym tomorrow hurrah!

Here the pictures, the first one is me at olympics in August! I was so hot that day but I couldn't take my cardigan off as I felt too self conscious. I was about 14st 8 there. I just hate that photo, I have no waist and its just ugh. Then I did ww for a bit and lost 6 lbs taking me down to 14st 2 before I started fasting on 5/11/12. On the second pic I'm 13 st 10 (this Sunday - excuse glum face).

DSC_0015.jpg IMG_4882.jpg

You're right, you can really see that you've lost weight - well done, just imagine how great you'll look Christmas!!

Sorry to hear that one of your broods been poorly, hope he/she is feeling better now

You must be aching for the gym

Well, I know you don't do 3UD on the bounce, but I'm sure it'll even itself out

I've been ok so far, I have 2UD at the weekend, Fri & Sat (Fri is pub night, so I won't fast then), having said that, I stopped drinking on a Weds a while back (another pub night) so, I guess if it fitted better I could stick to diet coke on a Fri if I did decide to DD on a Fri for any reason.

So far I haven't experienced extra hunger on a Sat.

Cake looks yummy, and well done on the one slice - guess it's because you're not feeling guilty about having some, that you're not over doing it, because you know it's in your plan, and you can have a piece on any UD if you so wish, so you don't feel deprived.

Well done again - those pics are brill.

Enjoy your DD tomorrow, I too will be DD
Have fun at the gym, but don't overdo it

You do look slimmer! Well done.. At this rate you'll be super skinny before Christmas ;)

The cake looks lush! I also love baking and have been avoiding it but might start again now...

Thanks ladies - you know how you think you can see a difference but you're not sure if thats just what you want to see! My last pic was on 25 Nov so next one will be 25th Dec (Christmas Day! Better do it pre xmas dinner!).

Anyway major excitement here as I've improved again at the gym - I just can't believe this is happening, especially as I haven't been since last weds.

So today I ran for 25 mins, thats over 3 mins longer than my last run and I covered an extra 0.5 km. I felt very emotional towards the end as I realised I had improved again and wanted to cry! How embarrassing would that be at the gym - managed to reign myself in! The 5k in 35 minutes is in sight!

You're right, you can really see that you've lost weight - well done, just imagine how great you'll look Christmas!!

Sorry to hear that one of your broods been poorly, hope he/she is feeling better now

You must be aching for the gym

Well, I know you don't do 3UD on the bounce, but I'm sure it'll even itself out

I've been ok so far, I have 2UD at the weekend, Fri & Sat (Fri is pub night, so I won't fast then), having said that, I stopped drinking on a Weds a while back (another pub night) so, I guess if it fitted better I could stick to diet coke on a Fri if I did decide to DD on a Fri for any reason.

So far I haven't experienced extra hunger on a Sat.

Cake looks yummy, and well done on the one slice - guess it's because you're not feeling guilty about having some, that you're not over doing it, because you know it's in your plan, and you can have a piece on any UD if you so wish, so you don't feel deprived.

Well done again - those pics are brill.

Enjoy your DD tomorrow, I too will be DD
Have fun at the gym, but don't overdo it

Thanks Deb it was my youngest son little T who's 5 (I have two, big Z and little T). T recently started new school so picking up all sorts, nothing serious just a winter lurgy. We've already been through winter vomiting bug this year thank goodness!

Totally right about the cake. I don't think I've ever managed just a slice before :)

Back