Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

Hi everyone thanks for your lovely comments.

Deb no I'm not local to Westfield it was a 2 hour coach trip for me but a good excuse for a child free day and some girl chat! I did end up buying 2 tops and 2 dresses, and a pair of boots oops! The clothes are things that will just look better as I lose weight and one of the dresses is a bit on snug side but I couldn't not buy it as I loved it! Its just a plain black fit and flare dress with a gold zip down the back in a size 14, very simple and flattering. Too tight currently though!

Feeling a little bit panicky today as I've had 4 up days in a row! Friday, Sat, sun and mon. Mon was supposed to be dd but OH had day off work and wanted us to enjoy the day. I'm sure its fine as this is what I did last week too but I just feel greedy having so many up days. So yes Kate I did enjoy my up days! Probably a bit too much :eat: So Tues and Thurs will be my dd's this week. I also feel like I might have gone a bit over the top on the food as I haven't held back at all over the weekend, so almost glad I won't be WI until 23rd!

Anyway on a dd today and going to make a stew with chickpeas and tomatoes. Usually I would put chorizo in but as its high in calories I'm going to add smoked paprika instead for no calories :) Hopefully will be enough calories left to have with some couscous.

Chryssa I'm so glad you've started ct5k! good luck with it, I got to week 5 before I gave it up and went onto doing my own thing. I think it wanted me to jump from 8 mins to 20 and I just felt I couldn't, so I worked up to it more gradually. I battled with all sorts of injuries along the way, such as shin splints and knee pain, all of which has gone now thankfully!

Well done! Hope the shopping trip went well too.

i think if I weighed once a week I would obsess a bit the day before. I find that by hopping on every morning, I kind of know what's coming, so it's not a shock if I've not lost! Having said that, your plan is much more balanced and rational and sensible. I couldn't do it!

I'm not sure about that I think your daily WI is a good idea too, would probably stop me having 4 greedy up days in a row :rolleyes:

I would be tempted to daily WI, in a way its less scary than weekly as you kind of know whats coming. If I don't lose this month I might switch to your method!

Subscribing :)

I do cook on dd's now Frona as I get more for my calories - its pure greed driven! My dinner looks enormous!

I need to do more cooking in general, I'm getting really lazy about it. I've got a million recipe books, love looking though them, but i find it really hard to find stuff that I can cook quickly when I get in from work that everyone will eat. So I get a bit demoralised and go back to the same old stuff.

I tend to get demoralized with cooking as my kids like plain food like stews, casseroles, sausages, pasta etc. I usually want something a bit more exotic but don't want to cook twice. As I was making chickpea stew for myself today I thought I'd do them something along the same lines, except I put chorizo in theirs, and threw some pasta in to soak up the juices. Unfortunately I didn't realise it was a spicy chorizo so my eldest struggled through about 5 mouthfuls before giving up, but my youngest ate all bar 2 mouthfuls!

My non-chorizo (too many calories in chorizo!) spicy stew was so nice, I can honestly say that for the first time on a dd I'm REALLY full!

I waited until 8pm to eat nearly all my calories as I knew I was going to gym this evening, the rest have been used though the day on 50 cal worth of milk for tea. I went to the gym at about 6 and did my usual running and also tonight did 4K on exercise bike burning an extra 100 cals :angel09:This has definitely been my easiest dd so far, but I think it might have been down to so many nice up days before it!

My stew :)
IMG_4945.jpg

That stew looks yummy! I love cooking but my eldest is a really fussy eater so have to cook boring food most of the time.. I don’t really go home cooked on DDs as I struggle to calorie count, so go for the convenience of a WW ready meal and loads of veg.

Was very easy and tasty Frona. Just can of tomatoes, can of chickpeas, crushed garlic, smoked paprika, chilli powder and a handful of cherry tomatoes all simmered together. I also squeeze bit of lemon juice over the couscous.

Its just as well I do the exercise as I have had 2300 cal today! :eek: Only 100 more than juddd website says to have but as I'm doing 5:2 not strict alternate I do aim for the 1800 - 2000 mark. I've calc'd that if I go to gym and do 30 mins of running and 100 cal worth of cycling I can get it down to 1850. Will see how I feel when the lead in my stomach has gone down (tuna pasta bake :eat:).

I might add that the most running I've ever managed is 25 mins so 30 might be a bit ambitious!

Well good news and bad news! I didn't make it to gym, therefore not burning 450 cal. However I did go for my first ever outside jog! I am way too self conscious to do this usually, and last night under the cover of darkness with the dog as my decoy I thought I'd give it a go. Only managed 2.2 km it was FREEZING but I ran for 20 mins in the sleet and wind, that was enough for me! So pleased as I have often wondered if I'd be able to replicate what I do on the treadmill outside. Time went much faster and it wasn't as boring so will definitely go again. So I burned 150 cals taking yesterdays total to 2150.

I've decided not to count cals anymore on up days. It messes with my head and makes me want to eat more rather than listening to my natural appetite. I sometimes use the recipe builder in my fitness pal just to check that my recipes aren't ridiculously high but other than that I'm just going to count on dd.

Today is a dd and I'm planning on having tea all day until 6pm, then I'll have the rest of the chickpea stew I made the other night. Making the boys parmesan chicken goujons tonight which is going to be quite torturous as they smell amazing when cooking :drool:

Thats ok I'm glad your family liked it mine are fussy critters!

Well this is good....its 1.30 pm and I last ate at 6pm last night and I'm feeling really good. The hunger is gradually creeping in but its not dominating my every thought like it used to on my first dd's. I think my stomach is adapting.

I think I've realised why I overate a bit yesterday. I thought I'd skip breakfast seeing as I'm so down with this whole not eating thing now, but that was a mistake as I did actually really want breakfast! So by the time I ate lunch I had only had 500 cal over a 40 hr period and I found it hard to be controlled as I was just too hungry. Anyway not sure if that makes sense, just rambling to myself really.

Next up day I'll make sure I have breakfast!

Its now almost 5pm and still no major rumbles from tummy?! Don't get me wrong, I could eat (I can always eat, thats my trouble), but its not like an urgent feeling at all.

And yey its Friday tomorrow which means 2 1/2 days of up eating and NO weigh in until the 23rd so I don't have that horrible feeling of dread, happy days :)

Sounds like a great dd! I had one like that the other week.....only one! Could do with more like that.....

i might be trying the chickpea stew as well, on my dd tomorrow. Your cooking is spreading round the country!

Back