Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

Im on chickpeas too today :crazy: I making a ckick pea soup in the slow cooker, so it sould be yummy when I come from work tonighg.

Hi everyone! not getting much time to post on here at the moment as everything so hectic with kids and Christmas stuff. One of my children breaks up from school on Friday so trying to get everything done before then!

Diet going well, still haven't weighed in! I initially said I wasn't going to WI until 23rd Dec but looking at the dates thats after 2 up days so think I will WI on 21st, just after my final pre xmas dd.

I've started a food and exercise diary. Not for the sake of calorie counting so not recording in mfp, just in a notepad so I can see what I'm eating and what I'm doing exercise wise and adjust or tweak my diet and set goals for exercise. For example last week I only burned 600 cal through exercise so this week have set my target as 1000. Already done 2 3k runs and a 5k cycle at gym so thats 685 so far. Diet wise last week I noticed that everytime I was having a sandwich I was having some crisps with it! So trying to nip that in the bud this week.

Decided to up the exercise after I felt guilty about visiting the all you can eat chinese on Sunday! Those places are just full of rubbish - my son loves it so I gave in. Felt like I had gone into some kind of MSG induced coma afterwards! Instead of feeling bad and eating even more sunday night though I skipped dinner to compensate (not that I was hungry!) and put the trainers on and went for a run with my 11 yr old! He's a brilliant long distance runner and just chatted the whole way whilst mummy was slowly dying next to him.

Today is a dd but its my son's Christmas play and have a feeling there will be mince pies etc so might get one and keep it for tomorrow - don't want to miss out the cooks at the school are really good! Tonight planning a 400 cal meal so I can use 100 cal for tea and coffee through day. Probably am having jacket potato as you get quite a lot for the calories and a bit of cottage cheese.

Will get on a catch up with everyones diaries one night this week I hope everyone is doing well in the final push before Xmas! xxx

So impressed with all your exercise! And the food diary sounds like a good idea to keep track of those problems that creep in. Mine is at getting home from work time....I can Hoover up a fair few calories then!

DD for me tomorrow too, we can do it :D

:) Already hit my exercise target for week - although I think I might have overdone it a bit. Went to gym and did 3.4 K run and 8K on exercise bike. I burned 400 cals taking me to 1050 cals burned from exercise so far this week. Legs feeling really sore today so no more exercise until Friday!

Well done on the running, you are doing great. Hope you got your mince pie and enjoyed it. Not had one yet!
You are doing an amazing job, I think you can bet good money that your weigh in next week will be great. Our Xmas Party for work next Tues & I've still got to lose last weeks mini break excesses. Looks like December will be lucky to stay at 0lbs lost at this rate & not end up +lbs! Never mind, a whole JUDDDing year ahead of me in 2013!!

Thanks Jilly! I did enjoy the mince pie - I'm always sick of them by Christmas! I think if anyone can get to the end of Dec and end up breaking even thats brilliant. We'd all usually be about 6lbs heavier right?! I think my target of 5lbs is a little unrealistic, I might lose that or some of that before my WI but no doubt if I WI at end of Dec it would all be back on...............which is why I'm not going to :giggle:After this WI I'm not WI until end of Jan - LOL! Those scale numbers really affect me so best I don't know about it and just plod on with diet.

I know its working as I now only have one pair of jeans that fit me! The two I was wearing when I started this are too big, the ones I'm wearing right now would have cut off vital blood circulation if I had tried to wear them 6 weeks ago.

And yey a whole year of fasting in 2013 (well on and off ;)) imagine where will be in a years time? I'm hoping to be a size 10-12 and a serious runner by then :)

Thanks Chryssa x

Well done on progress, and what a great aim for 2013! Great nsv with the jeans, guess you might be out in the January sales this year!

Thanks ladies. Had my worst ever dd today. I don't usually do them on a friday, and pmt-ish so it was tough not having my wine and chocolate in evening. Also was out all day in wind and rain and freezing cold, making me feel hungry and in need of comfort! Instead I had a salad wrap :rolleyes: To top it all off my parents were ovr and everyone wanted fish and chips - the smell was incredible and I have no idea how I resisted but I did! Went and sat in living room and felt a bit sad though :(

I did manage gym this morning though and had a personal best of 3.6k in 25 mins.....getting there.

So this week I burned 1550 cal through exercise - very happy with that but looking forward to doing nothing until Monday!

Tomorrow morning can't come quick enough for me, I'm not even that hungry just hormones making me crave things. Going to have some tiger bread toast and peanut butter in morning because I deserve it! Have a great weekend everyone X

:worthy:

Im so impressed....fish and chips are the worst! Salad wraps just don't do the job do they....
enjoy the wine and chocolate today, you've really earned it!

And yey a whole year of fasting in 2013 (well on and off ;)) imagine where will be in a years time? I'm hoping to be a size 10-12 and a serious runner by then :)

Happy IF fasting 2013!!!!

Thanks ladies. Had my worst ever dd today. I don't usually do them on a friday, and pmt-ish so it was tough not having my wine and chocolate in evening. Also was out all day in wind and rain and freezing cold, making me feel hungry and in need of comfort! Instead I had a salad wrap :rolleyes: To top it all off my parents were ovr and everyone wanted fish and chips - the smell was incredible and I have no idea how I resisted but I did! Went and sat in living room and felt a bit sad though :(

I did manage gym this morning though and had a personal best of 3.6k in 25 mins.....getting there.

So this week I burned 1550 cal through exercise - very happy with that but looking forward to doing nothing until Monday!

Tomorrow morning can't come quick enough for me, I'm not even that hungry just hormones making me crave things. Going to have some tiger bread toast and peanut butter in morning because I deserve it! Have a great weekend everyone X

Doesn't sound like a bad DD at all... I think you've done fab once again!!!!

Gosh you are brave resisting the Fish & Chips, but its all worth it! Amazing run, you are doing great. I have just set my first target for 2014, I need to have a goal now before Xmas, because as you say anything gained has to be re-lost, so I want to talk myself out of eating for the sake of it over the holidays......I can have treats without going crazy!
Anyway we CAN do it with this amazing regime, I've already lost the couple of pounds from my "eat away"..:) so got to try and lose at least a couple more in the next 10 days!

Well done on loosing your extra pounds already Jilly!

Gah I'm so busy this week, really missing reading everyone's diaries but I've been on the go since 7 am this morning and only just sat down after mammouth present wrapping session. Must get on tomorrow at some point to catch up!

Just wanted to update my diary for my own records really as today I ran for 30 mins :bliss:I'm so happy with that (also covered 4K which is the furthest I've run). I just can't believe I can do this, I out ran everyone else on the treadmills at the gym, even the skinny gym bunnies :D Weirdly - I could have gone on longer too, I only stopped because I was being picked up from gym. Feel happy as the last week of ct5k is to run for 30 mins without stopping so although it took me longer than 9 weeks, I got there in the end (13 weeks :))

I've also decided to WI on 24th Dec instead of 21st, that way I can squeeze in one more dd (on 23rd) and a few more gym sessions.

Fantastic on the running you are rightly proud of yourself. Wow keeping it up right up to the wire is truly amazing..I'm pretty much already into damage limmitation mode until after Xmas. Every day seems to have something planned, although so far today am keeping to a strict DD & planning another 2 before serious eating commences!!!

Hello I'd just read through and wanted to say a massive congrats on your losses so far and also how amazingly you are doing with running. Couch to 5km is so incredible isn't it?? I love that you went with you son too :) I 100% agree with you running outside is much nicer, just think by Spring you will probably be near enough at 10kms :) Have a lovely Christmas and goodluck for your weigh in tomorrow!

Back