Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

Argh....I failed my first ever dd! I'm sure it was down to the weather, just felt so cold and hungry. Gave in at lunchtime and had my 500 cal, then later on had 2 x slices of peanuts butter on toast, crisps and a chocolate bar!

Scales don't seem to mind I'm on track for a loss this week but maybe there will be a delayed reaction. I am going to attempt a sort of double down day now. Never done one before and don't intend to get into the habit but I'm thinking today I'm going to have 600 cal and tomorrow 1000. Not juddd, not fasting really either but damage limitation until weigh in on Friday.

I seem to be losing some water retention this week clothes feel loser than beginning of week so might get a loss rather than sts if I can keep to two austere days food wise.

Outside is still a winter wonderland my mum lives in middle of Norfolk and it went down to -16 degrees last night. I'm in town so not as cold but still fffffffreeezing!

Don't under eat if you don't need to....one spoiled DD is not a disaster. You are doing really well already this month! That snow looks awful, nothing here...-16 OMG we didn't even make it to freezing yesterday! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I won't Jilly don't worry - today was dd I managed 500 cal instead of 600, will see how I feel tomorrow. Today has been incredibly easy! It's so weird, I never know what dictates an easy or a hard dd. Double happy as I made a big chicken chilli and got my children to eat peppers, onions, kidney beans and soy beans and they even wanted seconds. Fussy little critters usually.

Showing a 1 lb loss so far this week hope I can maintain that until tomorrow. My 2nd dd of week now, might ave a bit more than 500 cal but no more than 1000. Haven't managed gym this week as children off because of snow!

Well it's half one and I haven't eaten a thing yet, and been food shopping in m&s with many temptations! Planning on having the leftover chilli and maybe a chocolate bar as I'm clearing out cupboards (we are no longer going to have choc or crisps in house, kids aren't going to be impressed!). Then dreaded weigh in tomorrow, before 3 lovely up days.

Well managed more of an intermittent day than a down day at around 900 cal. Happy with that.

banana mid afternoon - est 150
leftover chilli (150), few spoons of rice (200), baked in a wrap (180) with a little grated cheese (80) - total 660
multipack flake - 135

And thats all the chocolate gone - won't be buying anymore unless its one bar and I really fancy it!

Thanks Deb very happy actually as iVe lost 2lbs this week taking me to 13st 8 lbs. So that's 7lbs in 3 weeks and 6lbs of that in January, so Ive hit my Jan target yey. Just got to maintain it now and perhaps lose another 1lb or two, but will be happy to leave it at 6lbs.

Another snow day here, kids off again and everyone getting a bit testy, going to be a long day I think but at least it's an up day! Have a good weekend everyone x

I've just realised I've lost my first stone on this diet YES! Will be celebrating tonight with a bottle of wine and nice dinner. I'm so relieved, there was a stage not so long back before I started when I thought I was actually incapable of loosing weight, so this is very very cheering :)

That's excellent Lou - 2lb this week is great.....And a stone is wonderful, well done!
And of course meeting your January target... Just shows what you can do when you set your mind to it
I'm sure the running is a big help - really need to get off my bum

I have promised myself once I get to 13 st I'm going to swim twice a week, regardless of how my thighs look. SO looking forward to it!

Had a lovely up day yesterday consisting of crunchy nut cornflakes for breakfast, quesadilla for lunch (made with yet more leftover chilli and lots of cheese, yum!), salmon rice and soybeans for dinner and 2 homemade brownies, all washed down with a whole bottle of red wine, whoops. Strangely I'm a pound less than yesterday 13.7, on no other diet would this happen! Sure it will catch up with me but good nonetheless!

I have promised myself once I get to 13 st I'm going to swim twice a week, regardless of how my thighs look. SO looking forward to it!

Yay to this!! I'm going to try & swim twice this week as signed of work for a week! Actually feeling much better today and feel a bit of a fraud, but who cares!!!

Lou, I love swimming, and used to regularly, but haven't been in years....dunno why.
I really need to look out for the local swimming pool - I know where it is, but not seen it (moved here last year)

Sounds like an excellent UD - really tasty food
I had cooked breakfast then Steak & Chips
All Slimming World friendly
Oh and a couple of bottles of Stella

Ugh down days are hard after 3 ups!

P.s Deb I will root out the mousse recipe if you like, it's not the jelly one its a bit of a faff to make you have o mix the egg yolks over a Bain Marie and all that jazz!

Yey changed the title of my diary at last (thanks Hannah). Thought I'd add fitness into it as I'm starting shred on monday :eek: So I'm planning on doing this for a month, as well as my running 3 times a week.

WI today at 13.8....looking like I may have another loss this week we'll see. Went to gym for fist time in a week (couldn't go last week as kids were off school due to snow!) and ran for 16 mins, brisk walked for 10. Burned 250 cal so not awesome but ok for a dd.

Tonight I'm trying those zero noodles in a chicken stirfry. I needed to be careful with calories as I actually had breakfast on a dd, I never do usually. Its the fault of the almond nut butter I've bought from holland and barrett, its lovely and I really wanted some so this morning I had 3 x finn crisp with 20g of nut butter for 186 cal, very nice and satisfying.

Am thinking of doing dukan attack for a week, then coming back to this. I really want to get under 13st as I have loads of clothes that will fit me, I hardly have anything to wear at moment! I did it for 7 days 2 years ago and went from 15.6 to 14.9 (11 lbs) and kept it off. Even if I could just shift half that in a week I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy doing IF and will be doing this for the long haul, I just fancied giving things a boost, mainly as I've said for the clothes issue! Hmm anyway just thinking about it.

Thanks Lou, would like to give it a go if you can find it

Blimey, you're in the zone - must be if you've changed your diary name lol!!

Good workout, especially as it was a DD and you've not been for a week - well done.

I've never even looked at Dukan, so I can't make a comment on that....but we all have to do what we need to......

Hi Deb - Dukan isn't too bad but I could never do it for more than the attack phase (about a week). It's similar to Atkins but without all the fat. And you can have milk for your tea which is a must for me.

I think I'm going to give it go from Sunday or monday and just last as many days as I can, maximum of 6. I'll be eating things like oatbran pancakes, chicken and fish, low fat cottage cheese and yoghurt. Oh and I can have zero noodles which I tried last night and really liked them. If I hate it or feel miserable I'll just stop, as don't want to get into some diet and binge cycle like I have done in past.

After I did dukan first time around I found the cruise stage too restrictive so moved onto Atkins so I could have more eggs and cheese, but then missed carbs so went crazy eating what i wanted for a year before joining slimming world. Ended up feeling too restricted and sick of counting syns so here I am! I do think slimming world is good solid basis for healthy eating though so still,use a lot of the recipes.

Anyway all those diets helped me get from 15.6 to 14.8 one way or another so not a waste of time. I just know I can't stick to any 'diet' for more than a week which is why IF is ultimately the plan for me.

Here is the lemon mousse recipe! http://littlemissjess91.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/lemon-mousse.html?m=1 it's the easy version of the one I do, I heated my egg yolks in a pan and had to stir for ages but microwaving seems easier.

Back