Step 1 Sole Source Lou's cambridge journey...

Sunshine I have same issue, the only thing that helped me is I tried really hard to do Atkins for a year, I lost weight and could still binge eat but then I stopped losing and it became too expensive for me to continue. My mum is paying for this but now becAuse I understand about carbs and protein from the Atkins when I do "cheat" I try and do it in a low carb way lol. Read as much as you can on food. I found what really helped me is body building websites as they approach it from a science point of view and will also tell you how to put on weight too if that's what you need, basically it's very non judgmental and that worked for me I found these guys online called the Hodge twins and they are bodybuilders, their info on weight loss was really inspirational to me. Although don't watch them if you are easily offended they swear a lot lol

Morning all xx

Soooo yesterday I went IN!!!! Crisps, cake, dinner, the lot....sigh....really don't feel too good about myself right now but hey it's done and I can't undo it, what I can do is be very very good today. Going to go to the gym and work it off, cannot face packs so will start the day with a coffee and end the day with a chicken breast and some vegetables, I have to ween myself back down from the carb overload of yesterday.

Sunshine, I can sooooo relate, I guess we all can but I know exactly how you're feeling. I don't just overeat, i go all out! A picnic has to be a feast, Christmas has to be 2 weeks of constant eating, holidays are about eating, Friday nights are about eating, weekends are about eating lol, food is like the epiphany, my whole being!!! This is why I've spent nearly my whole life overweight and about a month of my life being happy at 10 stone! It's hard to break habits of a lifetime! I'm now back to thinking that cheating every week on a diet that's costing me in excess of £50 a week, because I sometimes buy 28 packs and all the little extras like water flavouring etc, is really not doing my purse any favours! I've got lots of packs left and I'm going to to do step 2 away from my counsellor for awhile, it's what I can afford and what I'm likely to stick to because of the frame of mind I'm in. I'm still in the zone, I want to lose weight and now I know I can but being 100% is not in my vocabulary right now.

Good thing is I've got 3 boxes of packs to play with, so my diners will consist of omelettes, chicken etc and I'll be having packs in the day, I've gotta lose weight doing that eh! I would live to go to my cdc and get weighed but I can't imagine that she's going to want to do that while I'm not purchasing any packs will she?! I may have to text her and tell her I'm going to be the lone ranger for a while and get weighed at WW.

Anyway, I'm setting an April challenge for us girlies!! Haha! It's been a bit of a shaky start to the month for me but there's still time! Last weigh in I was 15.0, don't know if I've gone up or down since that but my aim is to lose 10 lbs this month, so 14.4 is my target.

Who's in???!

Hi Lou,

Sorry your finding it so hard!!! Sounds like you've made a good plan though! ?

Yep, I'm in, I would like to see 11 stone anything by May, this would be about 16lbs, which honestly I reckon is impossible, but hey, it's a goal!! ?

Lou I've just finished march challenge lol!! 14lbs!!

Ok I'm in as gone off the rails and I will b 11'6 by the fnd of April!!

I'm sorry your finding it rough babe r u defo giving it up?? Or just not seeing ur cdc anymore xx

Awww thanks ladies x

Yeah I'm still on a 'diet' but not a 100% Cambridge diet lol, I've devised my own plan haha, using up my old packs and having a low carb, high protein, low fat dinner. Weigh in will be at weightwatchers every Wednesday, starting from this week.

I'm a total freak...after yesterday spectacular fall from grace, I have no appetite, so far had a coffee with milk and sweetener, I've been missing that so I'm kinda happy I can have those again.

Vanessa u did really well for march challenge, u will defo pull it out the bag for April, let's do this!!! Susan, it's definitely doable! At the end of the day anything we lose will be great! Xx

Just gotta get back in right mind set but after weigh in on Tuesday I'll do it xx

You've explained exactly how I feel!! I love food so much and love the taste so never feel full as want to keep tasting it so will eat til I feel so sick
:(

I would even love to lock myself away and just eat constantly but at the same time want to wear nice clothes and fit into the current fashion :( don't want another summer feeling crap!!

Also I can't face SS as I've been on this diet ages and not getting anywhere :-/ I know it works tho I just need to stop cheating!! I want to get to goal and then go onto slimming world that's why I'm happy having 3 products and an evening meal will try my best til Wednesday and see how I do

Lou you will still lose weight hun doing it the way your gonna do it x

You've explained exactly how I feel!! I love food so much and love the taste so never feel full as want to keep tasting it so will eat til I feel so sick :( I would even love to lock myself away and just eat constantly but at the same time want to wear nice clothes and fit into the current fashion :( don't want another summer feeling crap!! Also I can't face SS as I've been on this diet ages and not getting anywhere :-/ I know it works tho I just need to stop cheating!! I want to get to goal and then go onto slimming world that's why I'm happy having 3 products and an evening meal will try my best til Wednesday and see how I do Lou you will still lose weight hun doing it the way your gonna do it x

Awww I know sunshine, I can soooo relate to everything you just said! It's like an ongoing daily battle, and sometimes being in SS just makes me obsess even more about food!! I've realized that I can do about a week at a time of SS before caving in and that's just not how this diet is supposed to go! I'm going to concentrate now on eating a healthy diet and getting back onto some kind of routine because starve, binge just isn't working for me and all I'm doing is effin up my metabolism!

Hi ladies, I agree that you should do what works for you. At moment I am in the zone but I have such a long way to go I just know I will have some considerable wobbles over the next few months.

Also I am in. My last weigh in I was 19 stone and 9 lbs. My April challenge will be to get to 18, which is incidentally also my first goal (first of many!) This is optimistic I know lol but if I can lose around 5 a week I will get there. Get weighed tomorrow. Half term makes things harder but I have started going for walks when my family are eating lol, this makes things easier. Good luck everyone

Morning people!

Soooo it's half term! This will be the test of time eating wise! Usually I go off the rails at this time of year so will use every ounce of my being to stay in control.

Yesterday was good, food wise, and now just want to continue losing weight at a steady rate.

Kat, getting into the 18's sounds like a good challenge and I can defo see u doing that, even before April is out in fact!

Hope everyone is ok today x

Thank you Lou! Just got weighed and lost 7lbs !!!! That's 2 stone and 5lbs on my first month!! Soooo chuffed. 33lbs!! Wow wow colour me happy! Just another 10 stone to go lol!!!

That's absolutely amazing kat!! Well done keep it up xx

Well this isn't my diary but I'm sure Lou doesn't mind me sharing!!

I'm now on day 3 of eating for England, I've felt really weird the last few days and can't put my finger on it.....I feel lonely, bored and stupid as it sounds unloved!!!! Pathetic I know but I'm being honest and truthful!

I really hope I haven't lost the zone moment as I'm so close to goal, I'll get weighed tomorrow and go from there but do feel like I'm losing the zone xxx

Awwww babe!!! Xxx Hugs xxxx

Right, firstly, this isn't my diary! This is our thead!! And you can waffle on to your hearts content!! You are just feeling a bit low right now and we all have those moments, nothing to be ashamed of, it's basically called feeling *****y!!! This weather ain't helping neither! It's dull n dismal out there!

Diet wise, don't be too hard on yourself and look how far you've come!!!

Xx

Thanks babe, I'll bounce back I always do, well u have to hey!!

My mind doesn't think like that though of how well I've done I just always put myself down xx

Back