Step 1 Sole Source Lou's cambridge journey...

i have made 101 profiteroles - i will post a pic of the finished article - never done one before so it might be a shambles lol

Hi guys....

Feel like I haven't been on here in ages even though it's only been about 24 hours lol

The kids are keeping me sooo busy this week and I've got a tonne of things to do at home before they go off for the week on Saturday and then I've got a tonne of things to do while they're away haha, it's going to be a busy and eventful Easter lol

Hope everyone is ok and is keeping it 100%! I say this but I feel a bit like a fraud seeing as though I'm now off the diet and following a healthy eating, low carb, low fat plan but I'm still here for u guys to moan at, rant at and celebrate all your fabulous losses with!

Weigh in day for me was yesterday and I forgot to post! Lost 2 lbs this week which brings me to 14.12, I'm happy with that because I'm on solid foods now and I know that changing diets could mean my weight loss might stall etc I was 15.0 the previous week and to be honest I'm just happy I've finally made it into the next stone down bracket, now it's fight to stay there! Lots of eating out days next week and it's my birthday so there will be lots of temptation but so far so good, no cravings at all and haven't eaten anything bad, just being having lots of fish, veg, eggs, turkey etc, just low fat dinners which taste gorge, I could not have kept on with the products because I became so bored of them that I was constantly falling off the wagon! Now I seem to have settled into a routine and look forward to my meals.

Hope everyone is ok? Where's my Vanessa??! Miss ya x

X

Kat, you were busy in the kitchen yesterday with those profiteroles!! I'm coming round to your house when I'm a size 10 lol, I need those profiteroles in my life! How da heck did you manage to resist em!! You are made of strong stuff woman!! X

i specifically made profiteroles because im not that fussed on them, in fact i dont find it hard to resist sweet things. now if i had made 101 sausage rolls then watch out, i would have pigged the lot! (I make awesome sausage rolls) I just burnt my kids lunch pizza and took all the burnt cheesy ham off the top and ate it lol, so thats my cheat for the day! still low carb lol. its really hard with the kids home as i like to keep nice things in for them to eat, and if i dont feed them they just eat crap. i have the weekend at my in laws this weekend where i will make my profiterole tower and take pics for you lol.

glad you are feeling better and well done on the 2lb loss,im really excited about my next weigh in as i only need 3 lbs to get into my 18's.

Hahaaa Kat, you're so funny! Sausage rolls, I can so relate, I luv a sausage roll me! You sound like a dab hand in the kitchen I must say! Your hubby must be 1 lucky man!! Preparing meals and freezing them, profiterole towers and home made sausage rolls, yummy! I'm a savory girl myself but I love my sweet things just as much especially cakes, pastries and things like that! Don't know how I'm managing to resist these type of things right now but I hope it continues!

Don't you just love burnt ham bits on pizzas, thought it was just me that did that lol, I wanted to ask you about the Atkins diet because I want to follow that for a few days next week or maybe the week, so it's just protein right? No carbs? So in the case of a buffet breakfast, I stay away from bread, beans etc and sausage, bacon, eggs are safe? I'm having anxiety attacks about going away next week and not being able to stick to my routine as religiously as I have been doing....sigh

I've got every confidence that you'll be in the 18's next weigh in! Gosh you've come a long way since 22 stone Kat! Good on ya! I know the road sometimes seems long and things might be bumpy at times but main thing is we are doing something about it, and will get there in no time!

X

Well done Lou on a 2lb loss that's fab and ur in the 14's woop!!!

I've been AWOL a bit no kids so been working loads!! Bak on diet 100% c wat I can loose in couple of weeks as got a few nights planned! Lent is up woop!!!

Hope everyone is ok ive jus mowed the lawn now am nicely knackered xx

there are some veg that are ok lou, brocolli, cauliflower, mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber, salad, full fat mayo (not low fat) no pulses. any meat is fine, cheese is fine too, dont have lemon juice or anythign on salad, just olive oil if you can. any oils are fine, real butter is better than marge. cream is ok too, sugar free is better than low fat - for sweeters have stevia not aspartame, can have diet drinks and if you drink alcohol vodka and diet coke is about the best thing. eggs are fine, i was eating about 30 a week on the atkins lol i would just boil a load and keep them in the fridge. cheese and onion omelettes were my fave thing. if youre going to eat sausages better to have ones with higher meat content in them (posh ones) or just one of the other kind as they sneak wheat into them to bulk them out. ummmmm sugar free jelly with strawberries and cream is allowed, i used to make mousses and things too, as long as its sugar free. cream and not milk in coffee - NO MILK - its full of secret carbs. no cereals or grains. I used to eat packets of almonds if i needed a snack, although nuts can slow down your progress. half an avocado a day is allowed. berries are the only fruit you can have really.

my typical day on atkins was this : cheese and onion omelette ( or scrambled egg made with single cream and butter with smoked salmon)
for lunch a chicken and avocado salad with olive oil and mayo, a boiled egg and then either come crispy fried bacon crunched over the top, or some anchovies
for dinner, if i was even hungry at that point, some kind of chop with a load of brocolli and cheese on top, and mushrooms cooked in soured cream.

that sounds like a lot but seriously i lost 4 stone in 6 months doing that - my main rule was always take the time to prepare yourself a meal, if you dont then you think about snacking and snacks on the atkins are hard - you can also get atkins chocolate bars, they are an acquired taste though lol

Ooooooh wow Kat thanks for that!! I don't even need to google it now! Its actually more technical than I thought, the sausages wasn't something is even thought of like that but makes slit of sense because must if the time there's hardly any meat and more wheat etc like you said, I automatically thought all veg was allowed but that's not the case, and I would never of thought of no lemon on me salads! You lost a good amount of weight on the Atkins Kat! Just out of interest why didn't you keep on with it? Surely it's more enjoyable than Cambridge and results were fab! I've never followed Atkins myself but I've heard a lot about it good n bad but like any diet I guess, there's always arguments for and against.

Vanessa! Hey chick!! U ready for next week!! I've been looking for some deals for ya, will forward em via whatsapp to ya x

you cant have sweetcorn and carrot and pees things, anything that tastes sweet basically.

you can have up to 20g of carb a day on the atkins. it really isnt technical and i didnt keep it up because i couldnt afford it - i am only doing this now because my mum is paying for it, or i would happily be on the atkins, but after coming off it i put all weight back on, we are screwed financially so been living on pasta and rice so it was a no choice thing for me.

i think one of the reasons i am sticking to this so rigidly is that i was bummed when i had to stop the atkins, and i was really in the zone, and people were like oh right so it didnt work for you, but it really did, and i would happily eat like that all the time, it wasnt hard work, it was just pricey, and having to make sure you always had salad things in etc. i mean one day i ate 6 steaks on the atkins lol and i still lost 5lbs that week, its a crazy diet. i am such a binge eater, its nice not to be binging lol. so far i am really enjoying this diet, peoples reactions to it annoy me " oh thats not good for you" - well neither is being 22 fricken stone lol.

What does everyone do in the evenings? This tends to b the time I sit in the sofa and think wats in the cupboards! I keep busy til I sit down x

I pick a tv show and try catch up on it. I have Netflix and lovefilm too so it's easy to find something online. I tend to immerse myself in fantasy worlds lol. I'm trying to get back in the writing zone, too. Have been putting off finishing my book for ages

oh yeah masterchef, i have been watching that, it just makes me hungry, but i like all the inventions, some of them really cant cook lol

did anyone watch the great british sewing bee? i was so disppointed with the winner, i dont think she deserved it at all. I'm a sewer, i am looking forward to making some pretty clothes for myself.

Hello everyone...

God been off on one all week. Not off hiding because I've been cheating. Off because I've had this toothache. Turns out I have to get a root canal. The dentist seems to think that it could be relating to the fact that not chewing causes saliva to increase in your moth and alters the PH of it. So it can cause cavities but I've been on and off this diet so much that could have been waiting to happy. Maybe we should all get some falsies.... I've seen some pretty good ones. Jenny mcarthy has some nice false gnashers!

Anyway diet related news I've lost about 2lb this week but been off the packs. since Monday. So that's ok. Back on today...( why didn't I choose Monday?) hahaha... Nevermind

Hey Lou and V how are you getting on??
Did you meet up this weekend? Hope you had a good one :)

I've fallen right off plan :( been doing slimming world though so hoping I'm still losing but can't decide if I should try Cambridge again my head is a big mess :-/

Oh god I need to go dentist I'm dreading it tho so scared of them :(

Morning ladies x

How are u all? God it's been ages lol

Betty! You do make me laugh! 2 lbs off is great, glad to hear you're back on plan!

Sunshine, me and V are supposed to be meeting up next weekend not this one chick! That's good that you're doing slimming world at the moment, main thing is that you are still doing a diet, I don't think it matters which one it is as long as you know that ultimately you're gonna shift the weight and sometimes different things work for different people at different times! Back in the day Cambridge diet worked for me because at that time I have it my all and found the diet relatively easy but now that just isn't the case! I've been off the diet for over a week and finally think I have the binge thing under control, been working out at gym, eating healthily and feel much more in control so just do for you what feels right girl and in the end we'll get there!!

I know I shouldn't but had a sneaky weigh in this morning and shows 14.11 so it's going in the right direction. Off on a jaunt tomorrow so going to need to be careful how I eat the next week or so but hopefully will keep it under control lol, heading to the gym later and in the morning too so hopefully limit the damage.

Have a great day guys xx

And what's with this thread being so bloody quiet nowadays???! Errrrrm, come out from wherever ur hiding peeps!!!!

Xx

Hi I'm good I'm still here! Unfortunately weekend is postponed til summer!!

Diet wise I'm having the week off as kids off and I'm not giving it 100% so gonna enjoy half term then back on to last few pounds!! Just bought some jeans and 14 to big woop xxx

Back