Lou's lots to lose!

*Loulabelle*

I'm back! I've done JUDDD before and unfortunately my piggy self got the better of me and have ultimately had months worth of UD's.... in other words I've been bad.

But I'm biting the bullet once more and have come back to JUDDD with my halo on and the best intentions in mind!

Weight loss history... I'm a serial dieter. I will try ANYTHING. Which has its disadvantages as I just tended to follow a diet for a day or two then binge. badly! Then I found the cambridge diet. Me and the diet hit it off from the start, and for 6 months I followed it to a T! and in that space of time I lost 6 stone! (starting weight 19st13lbs) taking me down to 13st 13lbs. Then I thought I could do it all myself. I became Little Miss Cocky. A month or so after cambridge, I was losing nicely and then I had a bad road traffic accident in which I ended up with a broken leg and collarbone which needed multiple operations to repair. This put dieting on the top shelf, at the back, collecting dust. All I could physically do for months was sit down and do nothing in terms of dieting or exercise.

That was two years ago... since then I've tried various diets, including JUDDD and have gone back to Cambridge far more times than I'd care to count and I've gained back all but 6lbs of my overall starting weight. I'm now 19st 7lbs... and I'm appalled at myself. I've realised that VLCD's are not for me any more. I just can't DO them! I think my mind has been scarred by them since I first did Cambridge.

But of all the diets I've tried... I've loved JUDDD the most... and theres nothing better than being on a diet thay you know works and that you can be happy on! it's a win win situation!

So, my plan is....
DD - 500Kcals spread throughout the day or for one meal... depending on the day's activities etc.

UD - An eating window of 2pm-10pm and 1800Kcal (I'm an evening eater)... I think this will give me a good amount of control over my diet and will work perfectly in my day to day life.

So let's see how it goes! DD tomorrow... It's so late now that I don't think I'll be awake/eating until mid afternoon... I blame my lack of sleep on a mid- afternoon nap after a beast of a fry up!!!

Starting Weight - 19st 7lbs
Target Weight - 10st 10lbs (my 'healthy BMI' range)
To lose - 8st 11lbs

I'm here for the long haul!

Today's DD was a success!

Since i didn't go to bed until so late last night, i didn't wake up until 11am!! So i missed out on breakfast that way. Phew! So i started the day with an asda roast chicken simmer soup. I made the whole packet so i had some for lunch at home and then put therest in a thermos and had it when i got to work. It was so thick and warm it kept me satisfieduntil tea time when i had cream cheese and garlic stuffed mushrooms... yuuuuum! It helps that the bf is trying to be healthy as well so i can focus on making a healthy meal for both of us instead of making him a calorific meal and wanting to scoff all that instead! To finish off the evening i had a chobani lemon yogurt. Has to be one of the nicest yogurts i've had in a while!

So for the day i came in at just over 500 calories. And i can safely say that i'm satisfied! :)

I'm glad tomorrow is an up day though. Me best friend is having her gender reveal scan so i know we'll be celebrating with a nice lunch out somewhere! I have to keep to my limit though! I'll still be good :)

Welcome back and congrats on your successful DD! I've taken some hiatuses too...for me it always seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back. But the important thing is we're back on track and trying to get healthier! :) I see you've mentioned an eating window and I've noticed a few others are doing it right now as well. I might try incorporating it into my plan, not sure yet but it sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes!

Your meals for the dd today sound lovely. I'll have to remember them x

heres how the mushrooms are made...
get some portabello mushrooms (I used 4) cutoff the stems and chop the stems finely. chop half a large onion finely and 2 cloves of garlic finely too. fry the stems onions and garlic until soft then leave to cool down completely. in the meantime, measure out 160g light philadelphia with garlic and herbs and mix with salt and pepper and parmasean (cant spell it!) cheese. stir in the cooled onion garlic mix. fill each mushroom with the mixture and bake on a baking tray at gas mark 4 for 20 minutes or until water comes out the bottom of the mushrooms to show they're cooked through :) I had mine with salaf. the bf had his with cous cous and feta cheese. happy scoffing!

Welcome back and congrats on your successful DD! I've taken some hiatuses too...for me it always seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back. But the important thing is we're back on track and trying to get healthier! :) I see you've mentioned an eating window and I've noticed a few others are doing it right now as well. I might try incorporating it into my plan, not sure yet but it sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes!

thanks! :) Well my eating window didn't go very well at all! much to the fact I went out last night so had a late night subway to soak up the alcohol I'd consumed :( I'm paying the price now though! hangover central! I'll try it again tomorrow on my next UD. hopefully it'll be a normal day and I can focus on organizing it around my normal routine.

Sorry I forgot to update yesterday but after the craziness of the day it just got sidelined!

But my best friend found out she's having a baby girl!!!! She's so happy and I am too for her :) just means Aunty Lou can start buying beautiful girly bits!

I started the day off when I went shopping with my mum and picked up two of the little sushi pots from Tesco. The hoisin duck and sweet chilli chicken ones... I don't really do fish... other than tuna and white fish. anyway! they came in at 150kcal each.

Then upon finding out my friends news, me and my two best friends went and celebrated with lunch in a weatherspoons in town. I had a ham and cheese toastie with chips. The menu said add 338kcal for chips... but I swear they give the worst portions of chips imaginable... my plate had about 10 chips, my friends about 8 and my other friend about 30! so I'm not adding 338kcal for 10 chips. I'll say 200 max! so that meal came to roughly 650kcal.... and also!!!! have you ever asked for diet coke in a pub or something and they give you normal coke?! because I swear I ordered two diet cokes the time we were there and they were both different! gah! so that could be a few more calories on there!

So later in the day I went home and made some 2 ingredient cookies! made with literally one cup of oats and two ripe mashed bananas mixed together and formed into cookies... they came to about 70kcal each cookie but so so so yummy and its unprocessed goodness! so it's better than buying packet cookies and having loads of sugar and god knows what in them! had a few of those.

Then the bf comes home bearing gifts of cheese and onion crisps (my favorite! the swine!) and I ended up having a couple of packets of those :( ..... so yes...then it went on to the numerous drinks and amazing-when-drunk subway... I dont know the numbers overall for today but they were too high! but at least it was an UD is all I can say... now for some reflective reminiscing of my memories of the night before flooding back to my hungover self... oh cringe!

Not sure what to have for my DD today... im already peckish (hangover hungry I like to call it) so may splurge my calories on breakfast and fast the rest of today. Would do me good!

Last edited:
ALSO! Can't believe I forgot to tell you my weigh in after DD! I'm only weighing after DD's... seeing the scales after an UD may depress me more than it's worth.... but anyway...

19st 4lbs!!! so that's 3lbs off after my first DD... chuffed with that! :)

3lbs off after one DD! That's incredible!!! Congrats!!!

Also, those mushrooms sound delicious. I'll have to make them sometime. I love mushrooms!

3lbs off after one DD! That's incredible!!! Congrats!!!

Also, those mushrooms sound delicious. I'll have to make them sometime. I love mushrooms!

Thanks! Wish it would stay off though! back up 3.5lbs today after a DD yesterday.... i have no idea why, but like i said to you, it's probably water :(

Yesterday was a DD. I didn't end up splurging my calories on breakfast, i saved them all for dinner and had carrot and coriander soup and some bread. Well worth the wait! But, i'm not happy this morning, after weighing i've suddenly gained 3.5lbs back... after a DD! :( Need more water and i think i'm going to try spreading calories instead of saving them. It's so frustrating when you expect a lower number because you've done a DD well. Oh well! UD today, not sure what to eat though...

I can relate to your frustration! But logically there's no way you'd suddenly gain 3.5lbs after a DD so it must be water! When I was getting discouraged by the scale someone suggested I should try to focus on the overall downward trend rather than the day to days bumps in the road. I struggle to do that, as is obvious from my ranting the other day about the traitorous scale LOL, but I do think it was good advice.

I like to do the same as you - save calories til evening. When I use a bunch of my calories early on and know I don't have many left for dinner I seem to get way hungrier...must be psychological! Often that's been when I've cheated and turned my DD into an UD.

Back