Loving this Diet!

pinkfizzlez

Just had spicy spaghetti in a roasted pepper was delish!!

IMG_20120328_175634.jpg

Looks yummy I may have to try however my list says green pepper only? Is this incorrect since yours is red?

There are a few more carbs in red pepper compared to green but I shouldn't worry too much, just stick to the veggies on the list going forward.

I us MFP and log what I eat on there it tracks, calories, carbs, fat and protein. I eat a lot of veg that's not on the 'list' hasn't done me no harm. Although the rules are there for a reason , but I've always been a rule breaker lol x

I just checked and there is 2g more carbs in a serving, so im hoping as this is the only veg I had today it should be fine, it was certainly tasty :)

I us MFP and log what I eat on there it tracks, calories, carbs, fat and protein. I eat a lot of veg that's not on the 'list' hasn't done me no harm. Although the rules are there for a reason , but I've always been a rule breaker lol x

ooooh might start using MFP might help in these situations :)

It is good, I'd recommend it! I must admit when I first started the diet I stuck to the rules and the veges that were listed. As you go on you get to know what you can tweak and what you can't. Plus anything you want to know you can always go on live chat with S&S on their website. Very handy x

Have to admit that I use MFP too and try to restrict myself to around 60g of carbs per day. That's lower than some people aim for but it ensures that I stay in ketosis. As long as I don't go over than in terms of carbs I don't worry too much about what I have (as long as the calories are ok too overall). I have 3 packs plus protein.

Just did my food log on MFP and the red pepper surprisingly came up with 0 carbs im guessing this is good?

Totals588422149
Your Daily Goal1,3101804449
Remaining722138230
CaloriesCarbsFatProtein

this is after all food logged im hoping this is ok :(

I'm guessing it's wrong unfortunately. Don't forget that people add foods to the database all the time and if they are only counting calories they may not have added carbs. Look up the carbs on a carb counting site and then pick the red pepper choice on MFP that has the right number of carbs.

BordersGirl said:
I'm guessing it's wrong unfortunately. Don't forget that people add foods to the database all the time and if they are only counting calories they may not have added carbs. Look up the carbs on a carb counting site and then pick the red pepper choice on MFP that has the right number of carbs.

That's the most annoying thing searching through for something with the correct nutritional values!

Yeah, it's always worth checking something the first time you add it but once it's checked out ok then you're fine to select it again from recent foods. If you're anything like me, especially on this sort of restricted diet, you just cycle round the same options week in week out :)

I have used MFP today aswell! I think its gna b a bit of a life saver! glad to c red pepper isnt too much higher as I love red pepper! Def gna try out your creation tomorrow! x

Yeah, it's always worth checking something the first time you add it but once it's checked out ok then you're fine to select it again from recent foods. If you're anything like me, especially on this sort of restricted diet, you just cycle round the same options week in week out :)

haha exactly, I have already decided on crispy choco for breakfast daily, that was lush and so far mac cheese and spicy spaghetti :)

Going to try this with a green! Did you roast the pepper first? z

Back