Low Blood Pressure

unreal83

Want to be a yummy mummy!
Is this normal? I just went to have my gym induction, and the instructor took my blood pressure, I told him about the diet as you would and he started telling me how he would not recommend it!

Dont you hate it when strangers start giving their opinion when it is not wanted and you just think who are you to tell me! I dont think he actually understood it. Just really annoyed me.

Anyway my blood pressure was really low - what does this mean?

Really? Shouldnt it be balanced in the middle? It was low enough for him to be concerned - surely there is such a thing as being too low?

I dont really get it. I feel ok and dont feel dizzy at all I just wondered if it was the result of anything.

There are various reasons for low blood pressure - it could be as simple as just not drinking enough water. Personally I'd go and see your doctor to be on the safe side.

As for the gym instructor, he's just doing his job.

What was your blood pressure incidentally?

Hi Kate

Thank you and I know i was probably being touchy but its just the way he said it i think.

I dont know what it was to be honest I didnt look?!

Im sure everything is fine.

xxx

Hi Unreal83,

I'd be careful with the low blood pressure, as whilst its not dangerous unless it gets extremely low, anything that makes the blood go high or low does have an effect on the body.

if your blood pressure is low its not passing around the body normally and is not reaching your vital organs speedy enough, as in high blood pressure pumps the blood at an extremely fast rate.

As Kate said, it could be down to dehydration, I suffer from it when I go into TOTM since doing this plan, just up your water and see how you get on, get the gym guy to test it for you again next time.

Sorry just got this for ya, to back up my thoughts, cuz at end of the day I'm no Doctor LOL....

Learn about low blood pressure, symptoms, causes and treatment by MedicineNet.com

Last edited:
What was your reading??, should be around 120/75ish

Lots of people have low blood pressure and wander round quite happily!!

If you dont feel unwell (and that includes going giddy when you stand!) then I wouldn't worry, as long as you're drinking enough!!

Normal blood pressure is 120-140 over 60-80 but mine has been 95 over 55 for long periods of time and I've been right as rain!!!!

Lots of people have low blood pressure.How did he take yor BP did he use an electonic sphyg. To be honest they are not terribley accurate you'd be just as accurate grabbing your arm and guessing with some of them. To be honest a lot of GP's and Nurses are no great shakes at taking BP's with the normal sphyg but they are usually more reliable than the electronic methods. If you are not having any ill effects such as dizziness, especially on standing up/rising from lying down or have any signs that you are bleedin anywhere.Are your stools black and tarry for example and smell as if something has crawled up your backside and died ( all these years at charm school have been wasted).I am aware that your stools may be darker and more constipated whilst on the diet but partially digested blood smells like nothing on earth. I accept that the gym instuctor was only doing their job but if you want false teeth you wouldn't go to Woolworth's you'd go to a Dentist.SO go to your GP or Practice Nurse and get them to check your BP to put your mind at rest.

Alex

Back