Low carb eating (keto) and fasting

I've got some chia - but not used it yet.

I broke my fast with some chicken, curried eggs and cos lettuce and 2 sausages.

Lost yesterday somewhere! Similar eating = except in the evening 3 slices of round smoked german cheese. Today I broke my fast in Tescos car park with 2 chicken drum sticks and a pack of scratchings - and the other pack when I got home. Updated to add - chicken, shirataki noodles cream late afternoon and 3 slices of cheese later.

Last edited:
How are you finding it?

How are you finding it?
It suits me. I'm doing lazy keto - so may well need to adjust something if the scales don't continue to tick down. Daily weighing and tick up and down. I may focus on the ridiculously big salads (Eat like a Bear) again and see if I can get to one meal a day.

We got our 2nd jabs today - so that's good. I had a shake in the car - and 2 sausages on return 14.15pm. Airbnb turn around.

I always get a bit sweaty doing the cleaning - good sweat.

I had shirataki noodles, chicken and a slosh of cream plus a choc mousse for supper.

Last edited:
Happy second jab day!!! It must be a good feeling knowing you are completely done. My second one is in June.

I broke fast with MrAG late morning with bacon, an egg and an unketo slice of black pudding (probably 8 or 9 carbs), mushrooms and tomato. Later I had a choc mousse and then cos lettuce and egg mayo.

Last edited:
Our second jab is on hold as we decide what to do about Astrazeneca. But our timeline is way behind yours.

Today, powered by a cup of coffee, I cleaned the Airbnb and broke fast really late - 4.45pm - slice of fired bread, some baked beans, courgettes, black pudding, bacon and an egg. I couldn't finish it all - so handed over my plate to OH who finished it. My guess is it was below 30g carbs. Maybe today will be just a one meal day. Updated: It wasn't. I had a choc mousse later and some bacon.

Last edited:
Weekly weigh in was 2.2lbs down - just under a stone in the first month 4.4% of starting weight shed. So a good start.

I've broken my fast with some lunchtime broth. 2pm Cos lettuce egg mayo and a polish stick sausage. Supper: Steak, courgette and cream sauce. Last choc mousse.

Last edited:
Missed tracking this week - all good. Eggs, salad, mayo, bacon - because that was what I had in the fridge. Really enjoyed crispy bacon. Egg mayo or fried eggs.

Whizzed up sardines with mayo pepper chilli for something more savoury one evening. I find it easer to delay eating when I am cleaning the AIrbnb - as I'm eating afterwards.

Yesterday was off plan - first fish & chips since March 2021. I ate a bit more than 2/3 in the car overlooking the coast with my OH. The remainder heated up for supper. I had small chips - and even so hadn't eaten it all. That's a big change - previously I'd have eaten it all with regular chips (twice as much). Daily weighing to my surprise didn't tick up - but moved down. Yea!!

Scallops & fennel in cream sauce. Bit of cheese. Egg mayo salad for supper.

Edited to add - unusually a third meal later in the evening - egg mayo, a little cheese and 4 halloumi chips.

Last edited:
Well done! Do you ever feel tired with the delayed eating?

Well done! Do you ever feel tired with the delayed eating?
No - because I'm living off the food stored in my own fat!

I make my own electrolyte drink and have that. It stops any wobbliness. I'm now regularly cleaning our Airbnb in a fasted state ie I don't eat before clean the guest suite. It's my only serious exercise - and I get into a sweat before I've finished!

I'm using this recipe - no cider vinegar to protect my teeth https://www.ketofitnessclub.com/blogs/drinks/electrolyte-drink?_pos=1&_sid=0673dd6e4&_ss=r I bought a big tub of Cream of Tartar off Amazon and make my own baking powder with it.

Another recipe here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/electrolyte-elixir-drink

I don't track how much water etc I drink a day - I usually have one or two electrolyte drinks (500mils) and then drink when I feel like it - water, black coffee and Lidl diet coke.

In fact, I'd say have more energy eating 2 low carb medium protein with good fats meals a day than when I ate 3 plus snacks. I need less sleep and sleep better.

Some egg mayo. Later higher carb freezer food - little samosa, pakora, bhaji, sausage and nut roast.

Wow well done! I would struggle I think doing that. You do really well i admire you.

Back