Low carb eating (keto) and fasting

The protein and good fats mean it's easer. Today - I broke fast with the end of the higher carb nut roast and some corned beef. Mindless slice of end of new loaf with butter. I did chew it more than I would have done 2 months ago. Omelette and choc keto mug cake. Edited to add - cashew nuts - old supply I won't buy more.

Last edited:
Broke my fast just now with some corned beef. Egg mayo. More eggs. Pecans. Slice of cheese.

Last edited:
Sliced chili chicken - in car park at Lidl. Will not be a repeat purchase Chicken and dolcelatto on return. Ribs for supper.

Friday: Egg, bacon, mushroom and tomato 11.30am. Chicken salad with mayo. Too much dark hazelnut chocolate. Compelling.

Today: broke fast 4.30 - chicken salad with vinaigrette. Stir fried chicken and veg. Licked the bowl of lime mousse! 2 small round slices german cheese (won't buy again) and one square choc.

Break fast - Bacon, an egg & a small avocado. Mr Aligal had a bacon and egg sandwich with tomato ketchup. I didn't envy him at all - despite the bread being a good sliced granary. So that was good!

Broth, the last 2 german cheese slices and gorgonzola marscapone cheese.

Egg Mayo salad then cleaned the Airbnb and later - 2 pork chops. Dolcellate and marscapone.

Last edited:
An egg, bacon & creamy mushrooms. 2 pork chops. Dolcellate and marscapone.

Your consistency is amazing, much better than my own. I am so impressed.

Breaking my fast with baked peppers, piece of fennel, olive oil, anchovy and a egg and some crispy bits of polenta (the stickings to the pan!) and some red cabbage and walnut coleslaw.

Higher carb supper - thin layer of pizza dough (I think first bread type product in 6 weeks), with tomato sauce, some asparagus and a lot of protein- anchovies, ham, basil, mozzarella and chilis. I ate about 2/3 of what I would have eaten before - and am full.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Just started, tomorrow will be day 4. I've a bit to lose post baby. I've always had good results. Decided to join the thread as I like it's not focused on numbers and macros.

Is it OK to hop in here? X

2 eggs, ham, a tomato and half a pepper. Ramekin of peanuts and a few shoestring salamis.

Broke fast this am - 2 cups of coffee with a dollop of cream, erythitol and vanilla essence - whizzed to make some froth. I also had some thin salami sticks. I've cleaned the Airbnb guest suite and washed the dog. Laundry in process too. Chicken thighs and skin and sausage.

Last edited:
Creamy coffee. Chicken mayo salad. Olives stuffed with anchovies. Egg mayo and a piece of very dark choc.

Last edited:
Yesterday a late afternoon meal chicken, cauliflower & broccoli, some peanuts & piece of very dark choc. It's easy to delay eating so far when am cleaning the guest suite.

Scores on the doors: Started Keto/low carb 22.3.21 start weight 318.6lbs I target weight 188lbs I target loss 130.6lbs I
Month One: 6.8lbs I 3.8lbs I 0.6lbs I 2.2lbs total 13.4lbs down
Month Two I 3lbs down I 1lb down I 0.4lbs I 17.6lb down in 42 days > 301lbs 113lbs total to go

More later.

Yesterday - cup of stock. Egg mayo salad. Later salami and egg mayo. Piece of dark choc.

Today - to follow.

Last edited:
Yesterday - cu of stock. Egg mayo salad. Later salami and egg mayo. Piece of dark choc.

Today - to follow.
Just found your diary! Takes me a while to remember my way around here! I tend only to stay in the Lipotrim section, but I'm venturing out now! Great to see the progress of others on different diets.

Lovely to see you here Jess. I have another thread as well on progress - getting to slinky about feelings etc. This am I was 300.2lbs. I had ticked up on yesterday's daly weigh in after weight in on Monday and yet now I am net 0.8lbs down in 3 days. Yesterday I had an egg mayo salad, more egg mayo and a steak with cream sauce and 2 small home made chocs (85% dark choc, coconut oil, cream and sweetener . An unusual 3 meal day for me.

Lovely to see you here Jess. I have another thread as well on progress - getting to slinky about feelings etc. This am I was 300.2lbs. I had ticked up on yesterday's daly weigh in after weight in on Monday and yet now I am net 0.8lbs down in 3 days. Yesterday I had an egg mayo salad, more egg mayo and a steak with cream sauce and 2 small home made chocs (85% dark choc, coconut oil, cream and sweetener . An unusual 3 meal day for me.
Your foods sound delicious! I can't wait to go on to the keto diet after this! How I miss dark chocolate, not that I ate that much of it before, but I am craving it now! Will look for your other thread. Well done on weight loss! And thanks for help with ticker, I got mine sorted in the end!

Today - meatloaf and gravy, bacon and egg, cheese piece of choc.

Back