Low Carb solutions

Lynn_

On A Mission!
I saw a thread mentioning Avidlite recently so had a look at what they do. I just wanted a low carb low cal snack thing for the odd occasion I get hungry, to keep me going till the next meal.

I got the BBQ soy nuts and the Proti meal Chilli.

Ive tried a couple of the packs of soy nuts, they are really nice like dry roast crunchy peanuts. I eat maybe a third or half a bag as a snack which is enough to stop me being hungry.

I was out today and got home about 4pm, too late for lunch, too early for dinner so made up one of the chilli meals. The volume is about a yoghurt pot full, i added a few chilli flakes and a bit of salt, but it was really delicious. I was very impressed with it. Its not big enough to eat as a meal, but was filling as a snack.

The chilli was 128 cals and 9.5 carbs with 11g of protein, so not overly low in carb, but not too high either. The soy nuts are 148 cals and 3.3 carbs and 11g protein.

I was really pleased with both, and will definately be ordering more.

sounds good, think i'll check them out, sound like would be great for nightshift snacks.
i know what you mean, too late or early for a meal but peckish!

Another thing i have discovered this week is True Whey from myprotein.com.

A massive tub of it (5lb weight) cost £27 with delivery. Makes about 80 portions. It has a scoop inside the tub and you mix one scoop with about 150ml to 200ml water. Contains 98 cals 1.8 carbs and 25g protein. I ordered the mint choc flavour, and it smells exactly like after eight mints.

Because im diabetic i get a bit shaky late afternoon, so wanted something quick that was low cal low carb to keep me going till dinner.

I cant say its absolutly delicious, but its very acceptable, and fills me up for a few hours without me raiding the fridge. The fact that it is high in protein is a real bonus because that will help keep the ketosis going.

Not everyones ideal solution of course, but worth a look at.

Back