Low carb Stabilisation and Maintenance

Awful Muffins

Went on a Buddhist tai chi retreat - never again!! All that bread, poatoes and quinoa and I gained 5 lbs

Think it's going and will weigh tomorrow to check. Hard to overcome the carb cravings that left me with.

Had a pretty good couple of days but this morning has thrown me off completely. I ordered some lowcarb shakes and have tried making them into muffins.

I can't describe the horror. Instead of going muffin like they stay well a cross between jelly and as my DH said human flesh. They taste foul and the texture is well BAD.

Am trying not to react with the sort of disappointment that results in eating. Miss my muffins and banana tetras. Part of me want to seek refuge in the safety of CD and the other part says don't worry you can do it. Overeaction caused by TOTM due on Wed.

Am off to find another breakfast that's yummy and below 100cals and 4 carb.

I've had a pretty disastrous month and it seems that 5/7 lbs is easy to shift low carbing/low cal but at 10lbs or so this takes too long and and I seem to end up in a binge/starve cycle, I'm at the stage where CD would be a welcome break.

I don't think my CDC is seeing people anymore and the other CDC in Aberdeen is v overweight and without any disrespect to her, I think she would have a negative effect on me - I need to believe maintenance is possible.

I have a week off and then I'll decide what to do.

Have been thinking long and hard about the control round food. I've realised that I can maintain fine when at home and even when offshore. If I put on a few lbs on hols now that I know to leave red wine alone, I can lose that too.

But if I put on over 10lbs I panic and start to go really strict and rebel and then that starts a downward spiral. This is the way I used to be many years ago and it seems that I'm recreating an old behaviour pattern that wasn't helpful then and isn't required now.

I would be better finding a slower weight loss and being happier alround with it. But I still don't believe in myself as I long term thin person. I went shopping last week and at my huge out of control weight I bought size 12 trousers from Matalan. That made me stop and think. But in reality I am around a stone over my target weight. But this varies by +/- 4 lbs depending on how well or badly things are going.

I think a rest from food seems very attractive at the moment. Am really tempted to buy some CD stuff off ebay!

Hi Soraya

I'm sorry you're having a hard time at present. You seem very confused and I wish I could help you.

You've said that you panic when over a certain weight (I know that feeling well:sigh:) and that cutting back strictly makes you rebel, again I am the same.

I really would try and avoid doing a strict vlcd at the moent as this will just reinforce your old habits and you have said you don't want to do that.

How would you feel about following alow gi 1200 cal a day programme? You shouldn't feel hungry on this and although the weight loss wont be great each week, you may find it easier to do.

I have had problems with overeating then abstaining and this has not been good for me psychologically at all, in fact I have sought help from hypnotherapy and CBT which I have found has been a god send. I am now only 2lb over goal weight but would like to lose an extra 7lb on top of that and have found that following a 1200 cal plan quite doable.

I am off on a camping trip tomorrow (could possibly turn into a water rafting trip if the rain continues:rolleyes:). I get back next Monday. If you would like we could try to keep each other motivated, maybe having a diet buddy would help? If you'd rather not I fully understand, or you could join the spring trimers thread, they're a great bunch on there and all have about a stone they'd like to shift, you'd be more than welcome:)

Tracey
x

Apologies about not being around. I needed a break from it all. I had my week off and went up to 167 and decided I needed a break from food. I'm doing a gain a bit lose a bit and it's not a good pattern. I'm doing CD with a CDC who isn't local but knows me and we meet up once a month. I've done a week and lost 6lbs which is exactly what I lost when I did CD at first. My aim is to go to goal and then come up slowly which with my life I've never been able to do and then stabilise. As much as I can I've rearranged things over summer to allow that to happen. I've cancelled my summer hols as they would be in the way. But I've booked a trip to South America for my wedding anniversary 10 yrs which will be fab. I hope to be slim and fit to do all the activities. I'm also taking a break from minis as I feel I've become obsessed with it! I wish everyone every success and I've promised myself I can come back when I'm at goal as a reward!

Back to CD

Well after a bad experience with a CDC I didn't know who often cancelled at the last minute and was generally unsupportive, I decided to have a rest from the weight loss - a real mistake! I decided to just try and eat like a normal person - but like Oprah I have admitted that it isn't going to happen. The weight loss war goes on! I managed to maintain at 157lbs until christmas when I went on steroids and put on nearly a stone!

I kept trying to lose but nothing worked and a few weeks ago I went back to Atkins induction. After 2 weeks and a 4lb loss (my first loss for ages) I decided to come back to CD. Initially when the weight started to go up I didn't want to but then something went snap and I decided it was time to come back or I would be back weightwise where I started from.

I was really embarrassed about seeing my original CDC again but she was great about it and very clear that I only failed when I stopped trying! I decided to start as soon as I saw her - so here I am week 1 over Easter surrounded my Easter eggs (I'm not really into choccie but hard to watch everyone stuffing their face when on SS). It is now day 4 and I'm 3lbs down and falling...

There have been quite a few changes since I was last on CD - porridge (not tried it yet), strawberry tetras and less water than the 5 to 6l I used to drink.

Nice to see that I recognise some of the names here - mostly maintaining but others like me still fighting the good fight!

Welcome back to minimins Soraya and best of luck with SSing :)

Not many people come down to this section, so if you need more support it might be best for us to move your diary. Totally up to you, just give us the nod :)

Well done for the 3lbs :clap:

Good idea :) You can always come back to this thread at any time :)

Back