Low carb = too few calories?

Neelyo'hara

Hey! I've been doing low carb for 3 weeks now and it seems to be working quite well. I've been tracking using mfp, and I've found I'm really struggling to make up my calories every day. I'm averaging around 1100 calories a day but my aim given by mfp is 1460 for healthy weightloss. I also fast one day a week for health, so my weekly deficit is really low!
My calories tend to be made up of about 50% fat, 30% protein and the rest carbs. I aim for less than 50g of carbs a day and these are mostly from vegetables or berries.
I don't feel massively hungry either but I worry that this few calories will eventually slow down my weightloss. I need to find some low carb foods to snack on but I'm a bit wary of how much fat I'm eating. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could use peanut butter, olive oil, butter, eggs, avocados, almonds, nuts, and feta cheese. These foods are low in calories and have a lot of protein. Olive oil, avocados and peanut butter contain healthy fats. One tablespoon of olive oil has 120 calories.

Back