Low-Carb Vegetables

You can if you go through your browser but its not as quick as an app I shouldnt think!!! X

Yeah - I do that sometimes - but most of the time I'm on the app. Never mind - just thought I'd ask!

I took tomato's off and I added celeriac. Cant believe I forgot about celeriac! Its one of my fav veggies!!! :)

Citric acid can interfere with the Krebs Cycle in some people and affect ketosis. The Krebs Cycle is a big part of how cells convert food into energy. It is a series of chemical reactions that generate a molecule called ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate), which almost all living things use to power themselves. So there you go. I remember doing the Krebs Cycle when I did A Level biology, but that was a b****y long time ago :)

I enquired about tomatoes yesterday and this is what there response was:

You are able to have 100g of Tomatoes/Cherry Tomatoes rather than 200g because the carbohydrates are higher than the other vegetables on the list. You would then not be allowed any other veg in the day.

Hope this helps!

I then phoned them and was advised that if i had 75g of tomatoes i was allowed to make up the other 25g with other veg.

Tomato's are yucky anyway!

Citric acid can interfere with the Krebs Cycle in some people and affect ketosis. The Krebs Cycle is a big part of how cells convert food into energy. It is a series of chemical reactions that generate a molecule called ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate), which almost all living things use to power themselves. So there you go. I remember doing the Krebs Cycle when I did A Level biology, but that was a b****y long time ago :)

Aye ok, noone likes a show off! pmsl!!! ;)

Oh yeah, I googled it :) - I don't have that sort of info in my head from almost 30 years ago :). I do remember covering the Krebs Cycle tho, and revisited it again when I did a VLCD the first time. A friend of mine is a biochemist and was explaining to me why citric acid affected ketosis (she confirmed that it did in some people).

Ah , you disappointing me BG... i was looking forward to your reaction but you just went and admitted it

I do it all the time so people think im clever :)

People know I'm not clever so no point in trying that one :)

Back