Low carbing for a few weeks

sherby

Hi everyone

I am currently doing slimming world at the moment and I am really enjoying it. However, I have found in the past the fastest way for me to lose weight is by low carbing. I have been on every diet going. Slimming World is the only diet that I have ever been able to stick to (even though I lose more weight on low carb) so I am giving it another go. I was wandering though if I wanted to give my weight loss a boost say halfway down the line and I did low carb for a few weeks would I put all the weight back on that I had lost as soon as I start eating carbs again??

Thanks xx

The first 3 or 4 lb you lose when you go into ketosis is glycogen. This weight does go back on as soon as you start eating because it was never fat lost to start with. Any other weight you lose should stay off as long as you reintroduce carbs slowly.

xx

I completely agree with Rach, like with any diet you have to tread slowly when reintroducing foods you'd been laying off. :)

Have a look at the lipotrim boards and take a peek at the refeeding threads. This is how you are supposed to reintroduce carbs without piling on the pounds. I stopped lipotrim last week, and have been on low carb and lost 1lb. I am delighted as I havent put on the initial weight I lost. Good luck :)

Back