Low fat and tasty Chicken Korma - does it exist?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Starlight, 10 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I know that technically we can eat anything but there are some foods that are just tooooo high in points to really consider... I really miss proper Pizza shop Pizzas AND Kormas.

Ive compromised with the pizzas and found something which is a bit of a poor subsitute but kills the pizza craving.

Has anyone found a really nice Chicken Korma?? Asda used to do one which was low fat and tasted very like their curry pot one but I havent been able to get it for ages and their frozen one is rubbish....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    It may not be quite what you're after but I could send you a low fat receipe of my Mum's. We're from North India a few generations back though. But she coverted her cooking to low fat years ago. She's a size 10/12 so it's working for her. Once you've made a batch, it all freezes well into individual portions.
    I think the cals are pretty good too - I can work it out for you if you can't find a ready meal version.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    There is a recipe for a korma in the weight watchers books. I havent got it anymore I gave it to a friend

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Now why didnt I think of WW books? :eek:

I do so little cooking just now I automatically think 'convienience food'

Thanks, I may just invest in one of those :)

7. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    It was lovely too my mate made some and gave me a serving it was nice but a really small portion.

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Tesco does a nice Healthy Living korma sauce. I think it works out at about 3 points for 1/2 the jar (I might be wrong, I haven't bought it for ages), so once you've added the rice and chicken you're talking about 10.5 points for the meal (that's with one chicken breast and a pouch of express rice - I am lazy, hence the rice, lol) but it is really yummy.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.