Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Low fat and tasty Chicken Korma - does it exist?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Starlight, 10 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I know that technically we can eat anything but there are some foods that are just tooooo high in points to really consider... I really miss proper Pizza shop Pizzas AND Kormas.

Ive compromised with the pizzas and found something which is a bit of a poor subsitute but kills the pizza craving.

Has anyone found a really nice Chicken Korma?? Asda used to do one which was low fat and tasted very like their curry pot one but I havent been able to get it for ages and their frozen one is rubbish....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    It may not be quite what you're after but I could send you a low fat receipe of my Mum's. We're from North India a few generations back though. But she coverted her cooking to low fat years ago. She's a size 10/12 so it's working for her. Once you've made a batch, it all freezes well into individual portions.
    I think the cals are pretty good too - I can work it out for you if you can't find a ready meal version.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    There is a recipe for a korma in the weight watchers books. I havent got it anymore I gave it to a friend

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Now why didnt I think of WW books? :eek:

I do so little cooking just now I automatically think 'convienience food'

Thanks, I may just invest in one of those :)

7. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    It was lovely too my mate made some and gave me a serving it was nice but a really small portion.

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Tesco does a nice Healthy Living korma sauce. I think it works out at about 3 points for 1/2 the jar (I might be wrong, I haven't bought it for ages), so once you've added the rice and chicken you're talking about 10.5 points for the meal (that's with one chicken breast and a pouch of express rice - I am lazy, hence the rice, lol) but it is really yummy.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.