Low fat indian snacks???

vicki123

On a red day and having beef curry for tea with a wholemeal pitta from asda. As it's red day I can't have rice with it so need suggestion for a side (don't really want just veg with it).

Off to asda on way home from work so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Oh and obviously SW onion bhajis and samosas you can do red friendly too. A few syns but that might be what youre after.

Errr not off the top of my head, its on here if you do a search though (use the Search button in the top row of the blue bar, not the imimins.com search on the top right)

Ill have a look but you'll still probably find it before me :D

Hi thanks found this from Jaylou from Nov 2010

" I've never done an onion bhaji recipe with chick peas in it - that's a bit odd isn't it?
I do the one from the curry heaven cook book which is onions, chilli, gram flour, bicarb and spices, all mixed together into a gooey paste and then sprayed with fry light and baked in the oven.
They are very nice."

Right, here is the recipe from the SW Curry Heaven book:

Makes 12 @ 1 syn each on all plans

200g onions, peeled, halved & thinly sliced
57g gram flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp deseeded & chopped green chilli
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1/4 level tsp baking powder
Sat to taste

- Put everything in a bowl, add a a few tbsp water and mix to form a thick batter that coats the onion
- Leave to rest for 15 min and then mix again with your fingers to combine thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 220/Gas7. Line a baking tray with parchment and drop small mounds of the mix onto the tray to make 12 bhajis
- Spray with Fry Light and bake for 15-20 min until golden
- Sprinkle with a little paprika and serve

I made onion bhaji's using tin of Asda chickpea dhal (free on EE) 1 beaten egg and onions

Fry sliced onions in frylite until cooked but not browned. Use top half of the tin of dhal (runniest bit) and blend. Stir into cooked onions egg and oven cook with frylight.

I put mixture into cupcake cake tins to make them stay in portions x

Oven 180 for 20-25 mins x

Back