Low gi index on foods

Hey nic - Just to let you know low gi/gl is brill - Im never/rarely hungry - and you dont know how good that feels. Thanks for helping make the decision for this plan!!!!

I must be seriously thick lol i cant understand this low gi stuff :rolleyes:

Hun I was the exact same - i felt really stupid for ages

But i got the low GL diet for dummies and read it twice.

Basically its eating foods that keep you full for longer.

Each food has a gi rating based on the effect it has on your blood sugars

There is no way of knowing this unless there has been an actual test done on the food.

White bread, big potatoes have a high GI/GL meaning they cause a rapid spike in your blood sugars and make you hungry again very soon and will leave you craving carb foods

But if you eat a meal with mainly low GI/GL foods - you will feel very satisfied after and not likely to binge

Sounds really good actually im gonna go search the net and check it out now!

Tanx x

Hey nic - Just to let you know low gi/gl is brill - Im never/rarely hungry - and you dont know how good that feels. Thanks for helping make the decision for this plan!!!!
Glad its working for you hun xx

Lady lipo..... took me a while just had to read a few booka and let my brain digest it xxx

Nic,

Thanx a mil for this bril thread! its been so helpful. I'm on refeed this week after 6 weeks on tfr as i go on holiday next week. will be back on tfr after the holiday.

I looked into gi last year when i found out i had pcos and had a list up on my wall with the low gi foods. but this whole thread has been a major help with all the info / lists / indexes / tips you've given. Just wanted to say a huge thank you - you're a star :happy096:

Back