Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Low GI

Discussion in 'PCOS' started by Naomigi, 24 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Naomigi

Naomigi Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.47%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hi guys, I've got PCOS and have struggled with my weight my whole life! I've decided to finally stop moaning about it and make a difference so started the Low GI diet today. Just registering really hoping that if I tell you all I'll have to stick to it! Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ykciv1985

ykciv1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Hi Hun, How is the low Gi diet going? Really hope It helps :) I've just started a low Gi diet too, although i'm not overweight i've been diagnosed with pcos and I really want to do something to help me to have a period. From the sounds of it alot of the people have had sucess with helping pcos by louseing weight on low GI - I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

In a way I wish I did have weight to lose because it would give me a bit more hope that Gi might help me - also might help with people supporting me - its very hard to turn down cake/crisps/anything without people thinking i'm just being 'silly' - but then I don't wanna have to go into why i'm on a 'diet', Grrrrr!

So far so good however, think its gonna take a bit of time to get my head arround what I can and can't have, though popcorn would be okay but apparently not oops, also not 100% sure about wine? had a couple of glasses last night, but for me that was really quite tame. How are you finding it? xxx

4. Naomigi

Naomigi Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.47%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hiya, I've actually made a tiny bit of a switch from low gi to low cal because I was struggling combining the two. I did see a nutritionist who said the worst thing for pcos was sugar, she said it aggravates it so maybe concentrate on not having any sugar for a while AND do Low gi? I'm not a doctor though! I think it's what I'll try if losing all this horrible weight doesn't work!

5. RachelN76

RachelN76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    I'm sort of doing slim fast and low gi. That's kind of a contradiction in terms because slimfast is full of sugar, but when I have my meal, i try to make sure it's low GI.
    I have to admit, it's pretty hard work though. I just love my carbs!

6. ykciv1985

ykciv1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    The GI Diet - List of low GI foods

Hi Rachel, saw this and thought of you, coz apparently Slim fast is low Gi! so your being positively saintly O:) Hows it going? so far i'm only missing Mash potatoes and cocopops.....*drool* xxx

7. RachelN76

RachelN76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    I've been doing well - but I've just been away for the weekend, and that didn't go so well. Tons of white pasta, baked potatoes, cheese, french bread, garlic bread, pizza. You name it, I ate it.
    I still had slimfast for breakfast and lunch, it was just tea where it all went pear shaped!
    I'll know how bad it was when i get on the scales tomorow.

8. nattyclare78

nattyclare78 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(21.91%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    sorry to intrude on your thread but...I bought the 'metabolism miracle diet' book and it is meant to be fantastic for PCOS x

9. charlotte0403

charlotte0403 New Member

Hello girls. I have also recently been diagnosed with pcos and TTC. Doctor needs to take me off citalopram over the next 6 weeks and then I can start metformin.

Ive just started a low GI diet as well. Can I join you all as my weight loss buddies? Will be much easier for us all if we have others going through the same thing!! :jelous:

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.