Low Iron Levels

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
Anyone had them?

I'm picking up a prescription tomorrow as my bloods done at 28 weeks came back last week and are showing low Hb levels - so need supplement.

I have had dizziness but they've been putting it down to my BP - which it could be. But having read up a bit since I got hom the breathlessness I've had a couple of times (which i forgot to mention to my MW :rolleyes:) and tired days could be due to my iron levels.

My fear here.. is that it'll ruin my hopes of home birth.. but the upside is that it could make me feel better. So we'll see how things go.

Did they say how low? Mine was low at my 28 week bloods, I hadn't been taking my multivits/minerals (bad girl) and so I just took iron for 2 weeks and made sure I was more thorough with my other meds, and it's been fine since :) Unless it drops really low I can't see why it would affect your birth plan?

it's Hb 11 as of 6 weeks ago.. she wants to repeat the blood test in 2 weeks if I'm having symptoms still.

According to the homebirth site, they often retract home birth option or try to (you can argue it) as there is an increased risk of haemorrage, fatalities to mum and stillbirth or low birth weight of baby...

I'm trying not to stress on that side, as like you I've not been taking multi-vit to be honest I'd not really thought of it at all after the first trimester when I took pregnacare for folic acide. I eat lots of veggies (being a veggie) so figured I'd be ok.
Might explain why I was tempted by the smell of sausage rolls yesterday! lol
fingers x'd all is fine in a couple of weeks.

lol :) thanks shell had to laugh at the 'ach'.. I can just hear you! :D
Thanks though.. just have to remember to take them! lol

Well we'll see if all fine soon.. bloods taken today.. despite my veins best efforts not to give up anything! lol

if under 11 I'll be fighting for a home birth if I have the will power.. DH has made me promise if it's below 10.5 I'll go into hospital..

Back