Snacks Low or syn free snacks for a saturday night

Laura_carlburgess

Gold Member
Hi

Going to my friends house for tea so I am looking for some inspirational snacks that are either free or low syn that I can take with me to stop the temptation taking over :)

I would usually have assorted pringles nachos and dips etc eek so I am going to miss them tomorrow :-(

I have flexisyn all week and so far I have banked 18 for tomorrow yey hopefully come the end of today I will have 24/25 on top of my 10 for Saturday. So 34/35 in total but would like a vodka or two (or any low syn alcoholic drink ideas anyone?)

Thanks for any ideas given
Laura
Xoxo

hiya,

am new here so some1 mite correct me if im wrong lol.

i think a normal vodka single shot and diet coke is just 2 syns.

i made a deeelish bbq sauce dip yest, which u cud dip some nashos into?? if u want the recipe let me no.

xxxxxxxxxx

kate

Hi Kate

That would be great if I could get the recipe for the BBQ sauce?

How are you finding SW? Ooh and I like the sound of 2.5 syns for a vodka drink :) x

What about using Quark? You can add 28g Stilton (HEa) the night before use to the tub of Quark and mix it in. Overnight it'll absorb the Stilton flavour and there you have a whole tub of blue cheese dip for free! Dip in some carrot or celery batons and your good!

Btw just been too tescos and brought my quark. Never heard of it before but on the forums everybody talks about it so thought I would give it a go x

Hi Kate

That would be great if I could get the recipe for the BBQ sauce?

How are you finding SW? Ooh and I like the sound of 2.5 syns for a vodka drink :) x

hi laura,

hope all is going ok for preparation 2nite...
hope im not too late to give u the bbq sauce recipe

BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

i wont take any credit for this as ive copy and pasted ;)

i wud do only 2 and a half tbsp of balsamic vinegar and put about 4-6 artificial sweeteners in it too instead of measuring aload of spoonfuls out, i use the canderel ones. look like lil pills lol.

i rele didnt think it wud taste like bbq but it does and i love it soooo badly lol!! and all free but it mite be food abuse as they say if u overload lol. not sure.
been with sw on and off since last oct re joined about 4 week ago i love it but i find it hard counting syns but this forum is a life saver.

keep in touch laura xxxx

am making a sw kfc 2nite got the recipe from one of the threads on here u shud try it sounds yummy

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I tried my hand at a syn free garlic dip and syn free tomato dip and they actually taste quite nice :)

but will definitely use your recipe for some chicken later on in the week it sounds delish and I loooove BBQ sauce too. Ooh and I have seen the KFC style chicken recipe and that's one to try as I got the bovril for that today :)

I made the nearly syn free (only 1 syn for tomato purée but it made 6 burgers) Mexican style homemade burgers with a few SW chips and a salad OMG it was blooming lovely we have the rest of the burgers to Eat for tomorrow nights tea.

The recipes for these are britmumincanada. I think who has her own recipe blog it's amazing xxx

hiya

yeah they turned out SO BLOOOOMING GOOD lol...i actually felt like i was eating full fat crap lol and i wernt its soooo weird.

i mixed 3 eggs with processed breadcrumbs from wholemeal bread and a few diff spices (mild chilli/white pepper/mixed herbs) then mixed altogether, cut chicken breasts (boneless+skinless) into kfc strips, dipped the chicken into the egg mixture i also put bit of chicken bovril but didnt think there was any need. then set em out on a baking tray with loadsa fry lite over them and on tra and baked in oven tasted soooo nice! also done the bbq sauce and sw chips. BUT i had reduced fat coleslaw bout 2 tbsp. :( woooppss lol

i wanna try the salmon burgers next:)

got weigh in monday ive had a half good week and half bad i still let myself go sometimes.
i started sw last oct weighing 11st 9lb. i only went or about 6 weeks then left, but since ive started 3 weeks ago in the space of 5 months ive gone down to 11s 1lb which is very slow lol but im suprised coz of xmas i went abit mad. but i have been keepin to the basic fry lite and all that which helps loads.
i just now need to lose 12-14lb in time for my holiday in 8 weeks lol.

gonna have to pull my finger out!!

xx

kdub24 said:
hiya

yeah they turned out SO BLOOOOMING GOOD lol...i actually felt like i was eating full fat crap lol and i wernt its soooo weird.

i mixed 3 eggs with processed breadcrumbs from wholemeal bread and a few diff spices (mild chilli/white pepper/mixed herbs) then mixed altogether, cut chicken breasts (boneless+skinless) into kfc strips, dipped the chicken into the egg mixture i also put bit of chicken bovril but didnt think there was any need. then set em out on a baking tray with loadsa fry lite over them and on tra and baked in oven tasted soooo nice! also done the bbq sauce and sw chips. BUT i had reduced fat coleslaw bout 2 tbsp. :( woooppss lol

i wanna try the salmon burgers next:)

got weigh in monday ive had a half good week and half bad i still let myself go sometimes.
i started sw last oct weighing 11st 9lb. i only went or about 6 weeks then left, but since ive started 3 weeks ago in the space of 5 months ive gone down to 11s 1lb which is very slow lol but im suprised coz of xmas i went abit mad. but i have been keepin to the basic fry lite and all that which helps loads.
i just now need to lose 12-14lb in time for my holiday in 8 weeks lol.

gonna have to pull my finger out!!

xx

Yes but a loss is better than a gain your doing great :) (Hugs from me)

I am at my target weight but I am still on here as I don't want to slip back into my old ways, food optimising is a lifelong lifestyle choice isn't it. I am just a lot more aware of what I put into my mouth now. I weigh in on Friday and I exercise 3-4 times a week.

Although saying that all my good intensions went out the window last night :-( started off so well with a lovely curry and rice that my friend cooked that was less than 1 syn per portion... but then I had a naan bread then another naan bread (they were tesco healthy mini ones thou) which then led to 5 vodkas and diet lemonade, tortilla crisps with my dips I made and then dare I say it... A syrup sponge pudding with ice cream argh!!

A did flexi syn this week but doubt it would still cover the amount I had but it's part and parcel you need to have good and bad days otherwise you would go gaga

Thanks for the recipe for the KFC chicken I think were going to have them Tuesday night now. They do sound gorgeous and usually the day after having a drink I looove a good juicy kfc box meal which I call my "hangover cure" gone are those days now boo so this recipe will come in handy :)

Oooh holiday lovely were you going? Think we might be going at around the same time as we are taking our little girl away for our wedding anniversary to firstly visit family in pontypool and then onto Tenby for a few days with my sister her husband and children can't wait :)

X

sounds tasty what u had last nite mmmmm, makes me hungry lol! i hate that temptation.

me and my oh r off to gran canaria in may cannot wait and i just wanna feel ok in a bikini it ruins my holiday if i feel fat! so ive got 7 weeks to lose 14 lb thats about 2lb a week if i put my mind to it. im not very good with the exercise tho :(

the kfc was so nice and didnt think the breadcrumbs wud taste the same as a crispy fried bit of chicken but it was nice and crunchy and so good. try it and let me no.

atleast u done flexisyns anyways.

ive done a sw quiche today which i ate quite abit over the space of 3 hrs lol!! woopps
and mini jacket potatO with half can of spag hoops :)

u havent got any fruit in tho or muller yogs so gonna have to get some!
xx

Back